Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 44566 times)

Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 03:08:29 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
YAHTZEEE!!!  :D
   Havent got Me3 yet  :( but! I am a pro at Yahtzee, which is a game of chance

Haha, not that Yahtzee. Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw. An Aussie who does funny critical reviews. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation

Beat you feel kinda dumb now, don't you Tar :p

Lol Just messin with you Tar, just had  to show you some karma.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
Haha, not that Yahtzee. Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw. An Aussie who does funny critical reviews. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation

He's British, he just lives in Australia. His book is awesome too.

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 12:58:13 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Oh. Well, as you expect I can't tell apart accents if me life depended on it :)

He has some interesting thoughts and valid criticisms about Halo, although he overdoes everything for the sake of humor, usually. (In his Halo 3 review he mentions inconsistent difficulty, which I noted too.)

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 03:50:43 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
I love Zero Punctuation. But I wouldn't take much notice of the videos as reviews really. And there's not much humour in being nice to a game, so obviously he's going to focus on the negative aspects. I do like his view on multiplayer though, he just doesn't care at all, almost like me.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 10:02:51 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
He was pretty harsh on Too Human, and its one of my favourite games, ever.

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 12:07:50 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
I'm tempted to pick that up for $3 in a bargain bin somewhere, it seems to have been thrashed by the majority but I've heard a vocal minority say they love it.

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 01:39:18 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Funny story. One of my teachers who worked on Mass Effect 1 was talking about how the cover of Too Human was based on concept artwork for Mass Effect that got leaked. Conversely, a lot of the visual style is based on Mass Effect's (apparently, since I haven't played the game at all).

But I also have heard good things. The premise just seemed a little strange to me. Let me know if it's good and maybe I'll pick it up for cheap too.

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 01:44:47 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
I'm tempted to pick that up for $3 in a bargain bin somewhere, it seems to have been thrashed by the majority but I've heard a vocal minority say they love it.

Its got a steep learning curve, and its unique controls and inventory aren't well explained in game, but the story is great, the art design is fantastic, and its fun once you know whats going on.

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 03:23:20 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Funny story. One of my teachers who worked on Mass Effect 1 was talking about how the cover of Too Human was based on concept artwork for Mass Effect that got leaked. Conversely, a lot of the visual style is based on Mass Effect's (apparently, since I haven't played the game at all).

But I also have heard good things. The premise just seemed a little strange to me. Let me know if it's good and maybe I'll pick it up for cheap too.

They were both produced by Microsoft Game Studios, so the cover wouldn't have been stolen so much as re-purposed. And the visual style is completely different, but the overarching theme of both games is mans struggle against AI, and they were both scifi rpg unreal engine trilogies release around the same time.

Only Silicon Knights got boned by Epic over the unreal engine, had to make their own engine, and Microsoft pushed the game out before it was ready.

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 04:51:11 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Wasn't the game like a combination of scifi with Greek mythology? Or am I getting that confused for something else...?

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 07:11:37 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Wasn't the game like a combination of scifi with Greek mythology? Or am I getting that confused for something else...?

Norse mythology.

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 12:51:05 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
YAHTZEEE!!!  :D
   Havent got Me3 yet  :( but! I am a pro at Yahtzee, which is a game of chance

Beat you feel kinda dumb now, don't you Tar :p

Lol Just messin with you Tar, just had  to show you some karma.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!      :D I do feel dumb!!
     I thought he was just making fun of them for complaining about waiting times, even though the game is like, a marvel of technology and super stimulating, but you guys were complaining about wait times. I thought he was just putting everying into perspective by bringing up yahtzee! Hahahahahahahaha!!  :D    As i like to say "INSTANT KARMA!" :P

On the topic though; norse mythology crossed with sci fi sounds Awesome. But, I havent heard anything about this game... Whats it like?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:54:05 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, 05:53:23 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
On the topic though; norse mythology crossed with sci fi sounds Awesome. But, I havent heard anything about this game... Whats it like?

Its a 3rd person cybernetic god beating the circuits out of robot goblins during the last ice age kind of game.

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2012, 12:20:37 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
...forgive me if i dont check it out...  :P
Signature.

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 09:55:07 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
I've just finished it... it was amazing. One of the best video games I have ever played, one of the best pieces of entertainment ever created. I cried 3 times, and I don't care. I can see why some people are having issues with the ending, it's just like the way in which the Lost ending was percieved. But I found it very satisfactory, and it answered alll of the big questions. (well at least my ending did anyway). Cheers Bioware... and get lost EA ;).
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."