Author Topic: Rumors and leaks  (Read 12597 times)

Re: Rumors and leaks
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 06:32:25 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
It is. In my opinion, the single greatest affront to Halo's design aesthetic (besides perhaps the ugly Reach AR) is reducing the Elites to hunchbacks for multiplayer reasons.

Which is almost completely unrelated to Reach's aesthetic...

Btw, have you seen the new banshee design? Mega-split wings?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:43:26 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 07:53:24 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
You mean continuing with the ugly Reach banshee design?

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 01:37:49 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Yeah, in the RTX panel, when they play a round of horse, they fly in some banshees. I want to hear your thoughts on the new ones, they look "better" than reach's but still open wing, even more open then before
Signature.

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 01:56:47 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Hmm. Prolly won't like them. The issue I had with Reach's design was that the lack of pods on the wingtips created a visual imbalance for me--the cockpit seems too large and comic with stubby wings coming out of it at most angles (especially eye level.)

The H1-H3 Banshee had a more striking profile.

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 02:02:16 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Dave, there is no need to give detailed explainations. You can probably just say "everything in reach is bad"

No seriously though, i see what you mean, and you have a good point, Yeah, youre probably gonna hate these

Canon explaination for missing wing pods in H4; the elites had to make budget cuts some where
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:03:04 AM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 02:59:01 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Dave, there is no need to give detailed explainations. You can probably just say "everything in reach is bad"

No seriously though, i see what you mean, and you have a good point, Yeah, youre probably gonna hate these

Canon explaination for missing wing pods in H4; the elites had to make budget cuts some where

Well then they went and put in those Banshees in CEA *rage*

I like certain aspects of them slightly more (like the two-toned iridescent sheen on the fuselage) but as a whole I think a lot of the designs have taken a step back from the Halo 3 art style. YMMV.

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 03:06:25 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
....:)  I think Dave likes them..... He just doesnt know how to say it ;D
Signature.

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 02:21:11 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
I felt that the Reach Banshees looked much less comical. Far more believable as an actual aerial vehicle.

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 08:22:44 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
I felt that the Reach Banshees looked much less comical. Far more believable as an actual aerial vehicle.

This. But I agree that the Banshees should have retained their original design in CEA, just because it was so different from the Reach counterpart unlike the other vehicles. The Banshees still piloted like the dodgy CE ones though. I did actually like going back to the 'floaty' Ghosts, so if they could combine the Reach ghost with the CE one that would be awesome. Just give it a booster but still be like a hundred feet off the ground. And with no armour lock to stop me... MUHAHAHA. "Sunday Drrriiiiver!"
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 09:09:25 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

This. But I agree that the Banshees should have retained their original design in CEA, just because it was so different from the Reach counterpart unlike the other vehicles. The Banshees still piloted like the dodgy CE ones though. I did actually like going back to the 'floaty' Ghosts, so if they could combine the Reach ghost with the CE one that would be awesome. Just give it a booster but still be like a hundred feet off the ground. And with no armour lock to stop me... MUHAHAHA. "Sunday Drrriiiiver!"

As much as the vehicles in Reach get hammered on for being poor handling, CEA reminded me about how much better the vehicular control has gotten over the course of the series. The Warthog's challenges are fun, I guess, but the Ghost to me is an episode in frustration--especially when you can splatter yourself by getting out of a side-coasting Ghost, and in general you can lovetap a friendly and kill them even at low velocities.

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 09:50:15 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
especially when you can splatter yourself by getting out of a side-coasting Ghost, and in general you can lovetap a friendly and kill them even at low velocities.

The single most annoying thing in the entire game. When you need to get out of the vehicle fast and the ghost is still moving at 3 mph, you've essentially committed suicide. Bravo Bungie. Bravo. It happened at least 5 times in my Legendary playthrough.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 12:34:17 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
especially when you can splatter yourself by getting out of a side-coasting Ghost, and in general you can lovetap a friendly and kill them even at low velocities.

The single most annoying thing in the entire game. When you need to get out of the vehicle fast and the ghost is still moving at 3 mph, you've essentially committed suicide. Bravo Bungie. Bravo. It happened at least 5 times in my Legendary playthrough.

Yeah, I dunno what's up with their collisions. It's like they don't take inertia into account. (I'm also the bane of my brother for the many co-op sessions of yore where I'd gun him down right when he spawned.)

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 12:46:25 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Yeah, I dunno what's up with their collisions. It's like they don't take inertia into account.

The reason ghosts on Installation 04A (and only on Installation 04A) are not bound to the laws of physics is because of........

(couldn't resist).

Speaking of space magic, I have the POWER to modify everyone's posts for some reason. I almost accidentally deleted one of your posts Dave. I would have posted this in a Site Feedback thread, but the issue was related to this post. I am not worthy of the power, but for now....

I HAVE CONTROL! I AM THE CATALYST! 

(Tar, is your head going to explode from all the ME3 references today? ;D)
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012, 01:48:30 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
You don't want to be the catalyst. nothing in life would make any sense.

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 06:06:13 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
ME3 references? Where?

YES! this must mean my /ignore Capac and Guns works :D

I'm really suprised Dave didn't pounce on this one
Signature.