Author Topic: Rumors and leaks  (Read 12595 times)

Re: Rumors and leaks
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
ME3 references? Where?

YES! this must mean my /ignore Capac and Guns works :D

I felt that the Reach Banshees looked much less comical. Far more believable as an actual aerial vehicle.

I'm really suprised Dave didn't pounce on this one

At some point even I remember we hashed this out before. Not going to change Isaac's mind any more than he will change mine :)

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
Covenant = Purple Curves

Forerunner = metal  edges

human = green plastic

Covenant have been drifting towards Forerunner since Halo 3

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
Covenant = Purple Curves

human = green plastic

which makes sense since a lot of their tech is reverse engineered from forerunner stuff. As long as their stuff keeps the the 'nautical' look then I don't mind.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Covenant = Purple Curves

human = green plastic

which makes sense since a lot of their tech is reverse engineered from forerunner stuff. As long as their stuff keeps the the 'nautical' look then I don't mind.

thats the problem though. The Covenant have had thousands of years to 'adopt' more Forerunner aesthetics and suddenly they decide to trade in their banshees for something you could paint silver and call Forerunner in reach? wut?

I really like the proper Covenant aesthetic, the rich purples, the pale glowing greens. Every step taken to make them look 'grittier' and 'more realistic' takes away from that special alien feel you get from walking the decks of the Truth and Reconciliation

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 11:08:07 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
The reason I love all you guys is that on a general basis, I can understand and even agree with the rationale behind a lot of your thoughts. That's actually why I typically don't respond to a lot of the threads on here. Everyone is reasonable and explains things, and my responses would pretty much be "your thoughts make a lot of sense to me, my opinion is just my personal preference, that's all."

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 12:04:04 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
it is a pretty good little community here.

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2012, 02:55:29 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
The reason I love all you guys is that on a general basis, I can understand and even agree with the rationale behind a lot of your thoughts. That's actually why I typically don't respond to a lot of the threads on here. Everyone is reasonable and explains things, and my responses would pretty much be "your thoughts make a lot of sense to me, my opinion is just my personal preference, that's all."

Haha, everyone give yourself a pat on the back :P

Was this post prompted by something? Or were you just struck with how great we are, and started tearing up and all
Signature.

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2012, 05:37:17 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Just reading your guys thoughts about the Banshee designs.

Let's just say it's nice when people can actually rationalize their arguments and leave it at that.

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2012, 05:52:40 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
What did you say to Dave Tar?....

Aww I think Issac likes us, he just doesn't want to admit it
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2012, 10:31:28 AM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran

Let's just say it's nice when people can actually rationalize their arguments and leave it at that.

Aw man don't make me tear up. But anyway on the subject of covenant aesthetics changing, I think you will just have to consider that it is a video game, and designs change. I doesn't make sense in terms of canon but that doesn't matter too much to me. Same reason that I was annoyed that people were moaning about the battle rifle appearing in H2 and loads of new weapons appearing in Reach. it's a game, content will be added of changed to keep it fresh.

I do agree that from a fiction standpoint it's annoying but it's just something that comes with video games, and the fact that a new developer is taking the helm. If a game is fun then I'll happily overlook minor plot holes or inconsistencies or I'll never be satisfied.
"Life is trial Riser."

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2012, 12:03:19 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site

Aw man don't make me tear up. But anyway on the subject of covenant aesthetics changing, I think you will just have to consider that it is a video game, and designs change. I doesn't make sense in terms of canon but that doesn't matter too much to me. Same reason that I was annoyed that people were moaning about the battle rifle appearing in H2 and loads of new weapons appearing in Reach. it's a game, content will be added of changed to keep it fresh.

I do agree that from a fiction standpoint it's annoying but it's just something that comes with video games, and the fact that a new developer is taking the helm. If a game is fun then I'll happily overlook minor plot holes or inconsistencies or I'll never be satisfied.

I understand that to a degree, but we've passed the point where any change in design is *necessary*. The graphics of 2010 and 2012 are not that different. Sure, you've got more polys (the DMR is the same number of polys as an entire Halo 3 marine) but there's not the quantum leaps like we were taking at the turn of the century.

To me "it's a game" really only excuses changes in function. I'm perfectly willing to accept the M6 would have a shallower clip or faster/slower RoF for balance reasons, but there's no reason to me to change established design without a valid reason--a different art team is not a valid reason.

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2012, 12:54:58 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
but there's no reason to me to change established design without a valid reason--a different art team is not a valid reason.

They've got their own vision though. It is art at the end of the day. But 343 seem to be big enough fans that they haven't changed too much (though I suppose it was Bungie that created the Reach designs in the first place).

In terms of redesigning the UNSC, it's at least excused since it is set years after Halo 3, but yeah the Covenant stuff looks like something we'll just have to accept. Not that much has changed though, most of the vehicles and weapons are pretty much identical to the previous games.
"Life is trial Riser."

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2012, 03:36:08 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Wait, so the Covenent stuff isnt set years after halo 3 as well? That excuse works both ways.

Actually, i would say it works more for the covenent, since their factories were all made inoperable and had to be rebuilt or fixed up. And the Authority changed hands, so it would make sense that nothing looks the same, because it is made by completely new people, and a completely new governments. Who knows, maybe the Arbiter and Gang's factories make banshees with Wing tips, and the Loyalists dont.

PS; I think that that is the reason why the covy we are fighting have the armor from Reach and not Halo 3; Cause they are Loyalists kind of. The Halo 3 armor was the armor of the Arbiter's Crew and the good elites, however, it makes sense that these Loyalist dudes would get the armor from the days when they were Loyal to the covenent (Ie: Reach, CEA, Probably Halo 2 for the first half as well) and the Arbiter's dudes would keep the Halo 4 armor.
I like this explaination, cause it would satisfy everyone on the elite armor front; you have the H3 armor, so dave can be happy. And then you have the better looking Reach-CEA armor to make everyone else happy
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:43:02 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2012, 05:55:07 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
There is a point where 'having your own artistic vision' means 'you should have worked on new IP then'

And if ANYTHING then higher poly counts should mean MORE curved surfaces for the Covenant, not LESS.

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2012, 05:57:47 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Totally related to what you guys are talking about, but...

A Halo 4 limited edition console was put up on Microsoft's website and then taken down.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Halo-4-Limited-Edition-Xbox-360-DLC-Master-Chief,news-15883.html

If this turns out being true, WHY did Microsoft not announce this when they announced the limited edition of H4? I would have put my pre-order monies that I currently have towards the limited edition towards the console.

Also, if there will be a console, I hope they don't make it like they did in Reah: The console came with two conrolllers, headset and a copy of Reach BUT it did not include the Recon helmet or flaming helmet armor effect. So I ended up spending more than $500 USD on Reach.

Dear Microsoft: If you do release an H4 console, please include the goodies from the limited edition. Thank you.
Praise Bird Jesus!