Author Topic: Precursor, Gravemind, and Primordial relations  (Read 8665 times)

Re: Precursor, Gravemind, and Primordial relations
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 08:20:43 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
I thought of it as meaning that the Primordial was once a Precursor, (maybe of a high ranking, or a scientist of sorts) but is now a Gravemind. I still think that the Primordial was a major part of the Gravemind, sort of like how Jenkins still had some consciousness in the flood novel.

I'm not saying that there is anything left of the Primordial (in terms of an consciousness or personality) by the time that he exists in the novels as the Gravemind, but I assumed it still retained some of the Primiordial's physical features.

It's just that nothing else we have seen in the flood ranks have resembled the 'sea-scorpion' description. They've always been fleshy... and tentacley, including the Graveminds and Proto-Graveminds we have seen in the past. I guess what I'm saying is that I think the Primordial was a new type of flood... like a Super-Gravemind or something... that flies around on a disc... the Delta Halo Gravemind was way too big to anything like that. He was just a big flat blob that absorbed as much as possible... and spoke in rhymes.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 08:26:57 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
 by a new type of flood, you mean like a precursor-flood form?

And I was under the impression that the primordial was huge to... And thats why he needed the floaty disk... Cause legs couldnt support him... (and you never actually see the lower half of the gravemind in H2 for the record, so it could be anything) But we dont really got enough info for a debate though
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 08:27:36 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 09:11:36 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Well if you're on a giant ring, a flying disc is just a nice way of getting around... I very much doubt the Primordial couldn't travel independently if necessary.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 09:32:38 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
It's just that nothing else we have seen in the flood ranks have resembled the 'sea-scorpion' description.

http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/halo3_123338865_Medium.jpg

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 10:00:46 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 10:22:47 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
It's just that nothing else we have seen in the flood ranks have resembled the 'sea-scorpion' description.

http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/halo3_123338865_Medium.jpg

Was waiting for that :P

Hahahaha! Yes! when i saw his comment I went to the page and copied the link, but then I was all ADD and got distracted by something, and I ended up not pasting the link anywhere :P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:23:38 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 01:41:08 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.

Haha I remembered the Stalker a few hours after posting it. But I still think that the Primoridial was a different type of Gravemind from the one in the games. It was absolutely massive, and we couldn't even see all of it. I just wish we could have some concept art or something of the Primordial. Meh, I'm probably talking rubbish as the flood could probably look like anything it wanted once it reaches the pure form stage.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 02:17:40 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Well I think Isaac's point was that the Primordial/Precursors essentially served as a "template" form for the Flood--but all the forms beyond that are just variations. The Primordial definitely isn't a Gravemind like we see in the games or even in Primordium, but I don't think the Didact is correct in assuming that the Primordial isn't a Precursor.

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 03:35:02 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
I guess what I'm saying is that I think the Primordial was a new type of flood... like a Super-Gravemind or something... that flies around on a disc... the Delta Halo Gravemind was way too big to anything like that. He was just a big flat blob that absorbed as much as possible... and spoke in rhymes.

Quote from: Greggy B
I thought I discerned what might have been cushions or braces for a number of long, multiply jointed arms, ending in shackles or gloves designed to grip hands bigger than my own body. Hands with three thick digits and a central clasping thumb… or claw.
Two pairs. Four arms, four hand-claws.

- Cryptum, 119

So, I mean... How big was Bornstellar-Didact? Like... at very least 8 foot, probably more like 10 or 11 though, given that he was a Promethean-meld or whatever...
     So if there were shackals designed for hands bigger than a 8 to 10 foot tall forerunner... That means the Precursor has got to be HUGE...
Just a thought
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:30:52 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.