Author Topic: Halo 4 on Conan  (Read 5851 times)

Halo 4 on Conan
« on: April 18, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Hopefully you all have heard about this, but if not, Frankie and Kiki had Conan O'Brien come to the 343i studio to apparently do some voice acting for a marine towards the end of Halo 4. You should be able to find it on youtube if you want to see it.

So the one real reason I wanted to make this thread was to find out if I am the only one who thought that Frankie and Kiki looked so awkward and not amused with Conan's antics (personally I would too). It seemed as if they were going long with it because they had to.

Also, I understand the whole session in the audio booth was meant to be a joke, but does anyone know with certainity if he actually will be doing any voice acting for the game? I just can not take that guy seriously  :P

Note: Before anyone responds, if he is doing a voice over, and if it is an Easter egg, and not a main character or important cutscene, then I would be okay with that.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:10:13 PM by Slightly Live »
Praise Bird Jesus!

Re: Halo 4 on Conan
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 03:24:19 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
If it is real then I imagine it would be like what Rooster Teeth did in Halo 3 (RvB characters at the door). Just an out of the way area of a base in which these guys say some lines.

If it is genuine dialogue, then it gives WAY too much information away. For one, it reveals that the player will meet up with the UNSC and at some point be in a hangar...with crates. I know it would have probably happened anyway (meeting up with the UNSC), but it seems like an odd way to reveal a major plot point. So that makes me think it's just a joke.

And I have never heard of this show before I saw this a few hours ago, and at first looks, it seems to be a parody of sorts. Or is this guy actually like this? I don't know, you Americans and your crazy talk show hosts. ;) The dialogue was funny anyway, so I kind of want it to be in the game. You can't have Halo without comedy.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 03:28:28 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Conan is CANADIAN, please don't associate him with us, we have enough to be ashamed of without him :)
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 03:37:11 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
Conan is CANADIAN, please don't associate him with us, we have enough to be ashamed of without him :)

Haha my bad.  ;)
"Life is trial Riser."

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 03:57:42 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Not a fan of Conan in general, nor the particularly rabid fanbase he seems to have gathered around him, especially during the whole Leno thing.*

*For context, Jay Leno was hosting some late-night show, Conan was eventually promised that spot, but then there was weirdness. It basically sounded like two guys who were full of themselves complaining about not making more money. I imagine that like many comedians, they're jerks in person. I don't really follow any of them, but any time I see them (like in this case) that impression is not altered.

I doubt they'd let campaign details like that slip in a joke segment, so I'm sure we're not spoiled (although that the MC ends up on the Infinity at some point seems pretty much moot.)

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 04:30:17 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
I doubt they'd let campaign details like that slip in a joke segment, so I'm sure we're not spoiled (although that the MC ends up on the Infinity at some point seems pretty much moot.)

...that and that MC will will meet/join up with the UNSC again
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
   I havent seen it. Although, Frankie was hilarious in the Q and A they posted in the bulletin about it..
  As to the Akwardness: you also have to remember, these people are first and foremost Video Game Designers and they just had a comedy celebrety (who i dont really think is That funny, but still...) walk into their office, and start filming. Kiki didnt even know that she would be on camera too... so some awkwardness... Is to be expected...

Also... Six... They have already confirmed that MC will meet up with the UNSC... In the GI article...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:07:51 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 05:16:45 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Also... Six... They have already confirmed that MC will meet up with the UNSC... In the GI article...

Whoopsie!

I thought I understood the meaning of moot. Turns out I did, if we were in a parallel universe. So much for saying im college educated.

Ok, so it's debatable, but I think it is more than likely that MC will have some kind of encounter with the Infinity, even if it is something like the Infinity flying away from MC on the shield world when MC needs it the most (DAMN you Mass Effect 3 ending!) :)
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 05:39:43 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

Ok, so it's debatable, but I think it is more than likely that MC will have some kind of encounter with the Infinity, even if it is something like the Infinity flying away from MC on the shield world when MC needs it the most (DAMN you Mass Effect 3 ending!) :)

Shhh shhh shh... its okay Six... it'll be all right.... *lullaby* :)

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 06:22:32 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Shhh shhh shh... its okay Six... it'll be all right.... *lullaby* :)

:D
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 06:39:20 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I don't think the Spartan Ops stories are going to be that expansive that you'll chuck your controller at the end anyhow :)

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 06:47:06 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Well, from what I interpret, I don't think that the overall story arc behind the spec ops missions will "end" because they make it seem like it is going to be refreshed every week, but even if it does "end" in a crappy way, I won't mind as long as the crappy sepc ops "ending" doesn't interfere too much with the actual end to the campaign of Halo 4. That is of course assuming the ending to H4 itself isn't crappy, but I have much more faith in 343i than EAware. :)
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 09:50:46 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
I can see it now:

John is approached by Chakas/343.
John: "I need to stop the Monitors, do you know how I can do that?"
343:  "I know you've thought about destroying us. You can wipe out all synthetic life if you want. Including Cortana. Even you are partly synthetic."

Man I have to joke about this stuff or I'll cry. :'(
Oh and I think tha- WHY WOULD GARRUS LEAVE ME LIKE THAT!?...*ahem*... excuse me... I uh... had something in my throat...*cough*... it just... uh... sounded like words... *sniff*
"Life is trial Riser."

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 10:35:04 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Understand your conversation, I do not.

I just really don't feel like going through three games. Don't have the time to get that invested :)

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 10:39:39 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Understand your conversation, I do not.

I just really don't feel like going through three games. Don't have the time to get that invested :)

You're the only one suffering for this choice...