Author Topic: Podtacular: Slightly Gone Wild  (Read 2313 times)

Podtacular: Slightly Gone Wild
« on: August 17, 2012, 08:08:21 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Just listened to the podcast; had some thoughts:

VR level: whats the point canonically? the other levels are designed to train the spartans for environments that are similar to places that they would eventually fight in IRL... Sooo...

Actually, writing a pop song isn't that difficult; almost every pop song has the exact same chord progression. People are stupid if they believe that "popular songs" are popular because they have more quality than another song. Its all just bajillions of marketing dollars.

While I enjoy the fact that the dmr is coming back; Slightly has a great point about it ruining BTB... You guys think that they could just remove it from the playlist loadouts? Or just like only have 2 dmrs on the map or even like "dead island" or something

I think that jetpacks should be a powerup or something for custom games at least

Community maps early; Waaaaaaaaaait... Do you guys get the maps for H4 early?... -_-

Do you guys like certain affinity? I hate everything they've done for Reach cause of the killzones and forge incompatibility...

Anti-Remakes? Why? I would love at least a set of obscure map remakes; like maps that were good, but just not "iconic" and remake some of those and make them good... Like "longest" or "chill out" or "relic" something

I liked the look of Orbital a lot...

Whatre you guys think about?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:24:52 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

Re: Podtacular: Slightly Gone Wild
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 08:40:23 PM »

Slightly Live

• Forward Staff
  • Rookie
  • Logical Plague
    • Forward Unto Dawn
Just listened to the podcast; had some thoughts:

VR level: whats the point canonically? the other levels are designed to train the spartans for environments that are similar to places that they would eventually fight in IRL... Sooo...

Actually, writing a pop song isn't that difficult; almost every pop song has the exact same chord progression. People are stupid if they believe that "popular songs" are popular because they have more quality than another song. Its all just bajillions of marketing dollars.

While I enjoy the fact that the dmr is coming back; Slightly has a great point about it ruining BTB... You guys think that they could just remove it from the playlist loadouts? Or just like only have 2 dmrs on the map or even like "dead island" or something

I think that jetpacks should be a powerup or something for custom games at least

Community maps early; Waaaaaaaaaait... Do you guys get the maps for H4 early?... -_-

Do you guys like certain affinity? I hate everything they've done for Reach cause of the killzones and forge incompatibility...

Anti-Remakes? Why? I would love at least a set of obscure map remakes; like maps that were good, but just not "iconic" and remake some of those and make them good... Like "longest" or "chill out" or "relic" something

I liked the look of Orbital a lot...

Whatre you guys think about?

We aren't getting maps or Forge or anything early but it appearances some map pakers from the community will be working with 343 to get some nice content ready for launch. :)

And Orbital... eww.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:40:56 PM by Slightly Live »

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
I only played Orbital once to get the achievement, but I was thoroughly unimpressed with that map.

Me: "okay come and kill me with the flag."
Booster: "Uhh... Come to me instead..."
Me: "...you're lost aren't you?"
Booster: "Yep. Are you lost?"
Me: "Yep."
Steizer: "GAME OVER"

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 10:39:05 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Are you guys some of those community cartographers?
Signature.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 10:50:48 PM »

Slightly Live

• Forward Staff
  • Rookie
  • Logical Plague
    • Forward Unto Dawn
Are you guys some of those community cartographers?

Me and Ghaleon are Community Cartographers. As in the group.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 06:44:15 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Sooooo.... Define "working with 343 to make content ready for launch".... Primarily; define "content" :D
Signature.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 07:39:12 PM »

Slightly Live

• Forward Staff
  • Rookie
  • Logical Plague
    • Forward Unto Dawn
community cartographers aren't the Community Cartographers

:)

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 12:20:29 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Confuizled, i am. But no matter, I take it to mean that you guys aren't the select few who get to get secret access to early content
Signature.