Author Topic: Sexy New Weapon  (Read 17138 times)

Re: Sexy New Weapon
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 09:56:36 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Were they really "forgotten"? cause the beam rifle was basically the same thing, and people used that all the time. So its more just a matter of balance

But dont forget we do see at least one weapon that is very similar at the start of the E3 gameplay, when the elite gets fried. That beam looked like it could have been a sentinal beam analog
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:57:38 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 10:07:59 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
And also, yeah, i just saw the jackals!

Now we know what was in that last egg shown at the end of Godzilla.

All joking aside, that is a radical change. Granted, I think it looks cool, but seriously....
WTF 343?!?!?!?!!?
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 10:25:56 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Am I the only one who likes the new Jackals?

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 10:29:20 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site

For all the Covenant (hell, for the Prometheans too) I don't think they're bad designs. But they aren't Halo, in feel or in continuity.

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 10:42:09 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Yeah what he said.
   Post, you said on HBO that you liked the new jackal designs because they worked fictionally.... Care to back up that comment?
Signature.

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 11:11:09 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 11:18:51 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
That Is a link to the Main Page of Waypoint With no jackal info on it...

But i think i found the video through a different path

Youre right though, it is supported canon i guess. I think i'll be able to get behind the changes soon enough
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:25:47 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 11:39:35 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Damn Waypoint videos won't load.

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 12:30:50 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
"The Kig-Yar have been seen in a variety of shapes and forms, possibly due to their uneven distribution across multiple worlds and dramatically varied environments in their own system"

Good enough for me, I guess.

Not at all. I think that model looks really defined and, well cool. It's just like Dave said, at first glance they don't look like something that would be in Halo. I first thought it was a joke and Photoshoped. As long as this isn't THE jackal model of the game, as in we see these other variants, then I welcome the change.

As much  as I hated fighting the skirmishers in Reach, I actually hope we see a variant similar to them as well.....unless that image was supposed to be the skirmisher variant.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2012, 12:45:45 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Exactly. I doubt we're going to see any nods towards continuity, though. So far it appears the Chief comes out of cryo wearing the new armor, wielding new BRs and fighting Jackals and Grunts we have never seen in 30 years of war, and solely these individuals.

And there's absolutely no reason for that.

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 08:28:30 AM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
I really like the design, but I would have preferred to have kept the variant that have the large over-bite, rather than this under-bite. Still cool though. I know I've said this before but as long as the changes don't get massive, then I couldn't care how many things are redesigned. As long as the universe doesn't get redesigned again I'll let 343 off this once. THIS ONCE.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 03:10:28 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero

When you look at the different variants throughout the games already, I think it is actually a bigger shift for some of the jackals to suddenly develop "beaks" than it is for some of them to have underbites and Godzilla heads.

I also strongly doubt that they will put multiple jackal models in the game. Although for a reason as to "Why we havent seen these variants" I think it goes back to the massive shift in Power with the covenent.

Another point ive been thinking about is this title of "storm-" that has entered into the Covenent sandbox. We have "storm-grunts" (curtesy of that toy-box) and the "storm-rifle". Which are basically variants of things in the covenent already, but radically overhauled and changed. (the name Storm-grunts refers to the shark grunts)  I was wondering if "storm-" is the prefix used by the covenent splinter-rebels that we are fighting. And the "storm-Covies" have bred/recruited their own savage variants of most of the races. (so these jackals would be the "storm-Jackals")
  Just a thought.

Also, as to why we havent seen them for 30 years; they could have been there ,but due to their horribly disfigured and mutated anatomy, they were just locked up or exiled or enslaved. (which would make them all the more willing to join a rebel army trying to overthrow their oppressors)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:18:12 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 07:22:45 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.

Another point ive been thinking about is this title of "storm-" that has entered into the Covenent sandbox. We have "storm-grunts" (curtesy of that toy-box) and the "storm-rifle". Which are basically variants of things in the covenent already, but radically overhauled and changed. (the name Storm-grunts refers to the shark grunts)  I was wondering if "storm-" is the prefix used by the covenent splinter-rebels that we are fighting. And the "storm-Covies" have bred/recruited their own savage variants of most of the races. (so these jackals would be the "storm-Jackals")
  Just a thought.

That's pretty interesting. Though since there is the distinction, that could suggest that the 'normal' variants may play a part (unlikely but you never know).
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 11:02:13 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

Just a thought.

That's pretty interesting. Though since there is the distinction, that could suggest that the 'normal' variants may play a part (unlikely but you never know).

Retcon the dinosaurs out of existence with Halo 5 and I'll be happy.

Tar's point seems a good one, although "Storm" seems perfunctory and rather plain for the Elites. Maybe it's short for "Right Fist of Stormy Vengeance Brotherhood" or something.

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 09:00:05 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Hahaha :D  Yeah; "Storming Flow of Unyeilding Valor"

As to "normal varients playing a part; I hope so, Or another possibility that i would like is if (maybe during spartan ops?) we get to see the Arbiter's crew, and they have the normal varients
Signature.