Author Topic: Random Post!  (Read 8604 times)

Re: Random Post!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 12:23:46 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
   Haha, im like, such a low rank in reach i dont even know. But its pretty bad. I have no desire to rank up, or really gain any of the rewards. But i suppose thats what they are trying to change with H4...

But dave, honestly, you have the weirdest opinions when it comes to armor perms: You dont like your spartan looking bulky? Like seriiously, I just bought whatever armor perm made him look the biggest...

*I like this edtition of "EVERYBODY CLAM DOWN" :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:29:56 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 12:34:49 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Haha, im like, such a low rank in reach i dont even know. But its pretty bad. I have no desire to rank up, or really gain any of the rewards. But i suppose thats what they are trying to change with H4...

But dave, honestly, you have the weirdest opinions when it comes to armor perms... Like, you dont like your spartan looking bulky? Like seriiously, I just bought whatever armor perm made him look the biggest...

*I like this edtition of "EVERYBODY CLAM DOWN" :D

Well, to clarify.

I've always considered the Spartans more lithe than bulk on their own. They are strong, for sure, but I'd think their athleticism would be more visible (I think we've tilled this ground previously)--think of a kickboxer or MMA over American wrestling or weightlifting. A lot of their bulk comes from the armor itself--taking what I assume are average height or above-average heights and pushing it past 7 feet. The Mark V in Combat Evolved certainly is bulky, and it's my favorite armor.

The armor in Reach, however, didn't make sense canonically. We've heard for years about how the Spartans look alike, and from a war production standpoint all the variants actually being fielded by a grand total of two or three Spartans is laughable. Secondly, the idea of modular components for the MJOLNIR doesn't make much sense because of the suit's integration. Unsurprisngly, most of the armory items really only add armor or pouches--they don't appeal to me because they feel (and are) slapped-on, instead of deliberately designed elements. If you take a look at all the chest pieces, for example, they are all built on the same Mk V-B chassis, as it were, with no clear benefits beyond more pouches and perhaps slightly more metal.

My idea of an armor system would have been to differentiate the already existing classes, and make it clear that a lot of the tangental equipment was stuff never actually fielded.

(Which, in turn, would have led me to redesign Noble Team as more conventional Mk V troops. That might be a fun drawing idea, actually.)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:35:26 PM by DangerousDave »

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 12:57:32 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Good points dave

But your points dont necessarily agree. You say that there rare too many armor perms and they are all supposed to look alike, but then you say that the armor perms arent different enough, and that they are just slight variants on one theme.

And also, am i wrong to assume that you are basing the whole "they are all canonically supposed to look the same" standpoint from the parts in Fall of Reach?

It seems that the slight variant thing would make more sense. Throughout the years of fighting, for the spartans themselves to grab some more pouches of ammo, and then integrate it into their armor.
  What if, it isnt that the helmets are designed to have all those extra components. Rather, while working into the feild, all these super intelligent spartans made some modifications to their armor, and wired in a new scope thingy onto their helmet.

And most of the armors (available from the armory--not the ones on noble team) were canonically just prototypes, and would never have found there way into active duty
Signature.

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 01:04:46 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I meant that I thought the campaign armor should have been more similar* and the multiplayer would allow more leeway after choosing a more integrated and differentiated class set. So you could choose the Mark V and then make more incremental changes, or choose the EVA piece, which would look fundamentally different. That way armor unlocks aren't just more pieces that get tacked on, although some could be--as you say, building off their standard kit.

I think actually there's an element Bungie missed with Noble Team... I'll definitely have to write up my thoughts in more detail, with pictures mayhaps Thanks for the inspiration. :)

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
So you want to apply the same philosophy they used with the helmets, to the rest of the armpr?
Signature.

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 02:23:03 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Lets not forget that Spartans are not only the strongest of our species, but also very intelligent. When the Spartan II's are first given their armor, they have to have a team of people put it on them. Later, we find that with time, the Spartans were able to learn how to take at least pieces of the armor off themselves and repair them as necessary (I think it is described in more than one book).

When Halsey asks George what he did to her armor, he replies "I made a few modifications". So yes, I think that canonically it fits, at least for George. I see what Dave means as far as the other members of Noble team.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 03:27:08 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
Some people in multiplayer looks like they've covered themselves in glue and then jumped into a scrap heap. And when people have massive heavy armour and then sniper rounds on both shoulders... god it annoys me. So you're a bulky... heavy weapons... stealthy... sniper?
SEEMS LEGIT.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 12:27:53 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
So Dave, When I went to accept your friend request on True Achievement last night, I noticed something on your profile...

You have 343 achievements across 7 games.... What are you trying to pull?  :P
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 01:06:59 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Haha, that'll change when I beat the Fable II DLC :)

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 03:40:23 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
DAVE! DONT DO IT!!!! If you dont get any more achievements and you dont mess up that number at all; it means that Halo 4 will ship early to you
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:41:55 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 03:57:06 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Haha, if only. :)

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 01:01:13 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Alright everyone, it's time for the latest edition of
Quote from: Tar Alacrin
EVERYBODY CLAM DOWN!!!

If you don't see me posting during my regular hours, don't panic! I have successfully had the FuD website blocked by the content filtering service of my work computer.... USDA finds the website to be counterproductive for the one employee who is on the site all day :D

However, I did find out the offer passcodes to employees to use USDA's wireless network for personal tablets.... maybe I'm not out of the game after all ;)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:06:15 AM by Sixftunder »
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 02:18:40 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Tut-tut :P

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 04:44:39 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Alright everyone, it's time for the last edition of
Quote from: Tar Alacrin
EVERYBODY CLAM DOWN!!!

... for Halo: Reach

I have finally Reached my final goal in Halo: Reach - 100% armory completion.

:)

I know you all may be saddened that this will be the last edition of this segment of the FuD forums, but fear not; there will be more self loathing to come when Halo 4 is released  ;D

feel free to join in on this conceded thread.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
lol, i am no where near that :P I dont know what you mean by self loathing though, I love my rank, just ranked up the other day even :)
Signature.