Author Topic: Random Post!  (Read 14284 times)

Re: Random Post!
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2014, 09:29:02 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
End credits? I haven't seen the start screen on most of them lol

I know it's irrational, but I really get annoyed with games sitting around that I'm not playing. It's essentially digital clutter and I'm a neat-freak.

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2014, 03:52:27 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
When I was unemployed I spent all my time playing League of Legends and being bored out of my mind. Now I'm all 'how am I every gonna finish all these games?!?!'.

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2014, 11:30:36 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
When I was unemployed I spent all my time playing League of Legends and being bored out of my mind. Now I'm all 'how am I every gonna finish all these games?!?!'.

Quit your job  ;D
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2014, 02:13:24 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
On steam I've created multiple category "stacks" of games I'm not gonna play; like in levels of priority that I'm not going to play them: like I have:
"Games I'm not going to play"  -- Meaning I'm definitely never going to play them
"Games  I should play" -- Meaning I'm never going to play them; but I'll feel bad about it.
And just "Games" -- which are games that I plan to play, but in reality, most of them will just be sorted into one of the above categories
Signature.

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2014, 07:04:42 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
You guys should keep a record of all the money you spent on games that will never be played.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2014, 12:15:25 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
You guys should keep a record of all the money you spent on games that will never be played.

What's the point? It still won't be as depressing as how much I spent on a League of Legends account that's banned for another 249 years.

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2014, 11:18:18 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

What's the point? It still won't be as depressing as how much I spent on a League of Legends account that's banned for another 249 years.

Now I must hear the tale of how Capac's account was cut down in its prime. What heinous crimes did he perpetuate, what legendary feats of trolling, or epic invective was spouted?

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2014, 11:45:58 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
I told a troll off for being an 'idiot' and costing us the game.

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2014, 02:47:19 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I was expecting something more interesting.

Come play Dota 2 with me, instead!

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2014, 05:11:26 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
I'm trying to resist the temptation to moba again...

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2014, 01:17:15 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Not much of a temptation to play constantly considering you're likely to be crushed every other game :)

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2014, 11:44:59 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Not much of a temptation to play constantly considering you're likely to be crushed every other game :)

That didn't stop me from playing LoL lol So many trolls and feeders and leavers and broken ranking systems etc.

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2014, 03:20:11 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

That didn't stop me from playing LoL lol So many trolls and feeders and leavers and broken ranking systems etc.

I don't feel like the ranking system in Dota 2 is broken, but I do feel worse for some reason when we lose due to identifiable issues. I mean, there's always feeders in Halo, for instance, but even if we lose because of one bad teammate I don't get as irked as when the same thing happens in Dota. I'm not really sure why.

On unrelated games front, Six, I finished Deadlight. It started out okay but I was just trying to get the damn thing over with by the end. It's got a very nice art style but the platforming got increasingly bad, the voice acting was atrocious, and I felt like I'd seen the plot before a thousand times even though I stay away from The Walking Dead or anything zombie-related.

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2014, 12:09:19 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Maybe its the genre, maybe its the reward system, but mobas seem to put more weight on game outcomes rather than game content. In Halo I don't mind if I lose if I get an awesome run in a vehicle, or a couple of spectacular kills. I think snowballing may be a part of it as well. And specific roles that must be played, without which there is no chance.

I've played dozens of Halo matches where a shorthanded team has won.

Maybe played 2 in league of legends.

Leavers and trolls are a massive problem in LoL, and their behaviour directly impacts YOUR ranked performance, which is immensely frustrating.

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2014, 03:46:14 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
On unrelated games front, Six, I finished Deadlight. It started out okay but I was just trying to get the damn thing over with by the end. It's got a very nice art style but the platforming got increasingly bad, the voice acting was atrocious, and I felt like I'd seen the plot before a thousand times even though I stay away from The Walking Dead or anything zombie-related.

Good ole Dangerous Predictable Dave :D At least you didn't pay anything for it
Praise Bird Jesus!