Author Topic: Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn  (Read 32907 times)

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
So we all have heard about the new live action series coming out just before the release of Halo 4, but has anyone else seen (and digested) this photo?

I originally thought it was a warthog, but then I started thinking a little more...

We already know what a warthog looks like, and there was even one in the Halo 3 live action clip. So why hide it now? Just because it has an updated look since the last time we saw it? I doubt that.

Also, there doesn't seem to be that lip that hugs over the tires when you look at the tire revealed in the front.

I think it is going to be a new vehicle, that is a hybrid of human/covenant/forerunner technology. To me, it almost looks like a wraith cannon (when closed) sitting on top of a warthog frame.

What are your thoughts?
Praise Bird Jesus!

Re: Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:26:53 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
That's the same wheel cover thingies that are on the Warthog, so I think that you're looking too much into it. I imagine that they have either updated the Weta hog from Landfall to look like the Halo 4 one, or this is just a newly designed Halo 4 hog.

Though I suppose it depends on when this scene takes place. I have a feeling that it may just be the Landfall hog if this in the cadet's earlier life. I'm just speculating here obviously but I presume that this is when the main character will be at the UNSC academy. If this is set closer to Halo 4 timeline, then it may be the new hog. It seems likely that they'd want to advertise the new design as much as possible.

Remember that Warthog's are ridiculously big too. I remember the first cutscene of Halo:CE where Johnson is like a child next to it.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:00:21 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
It's hard to get a sense of scale, but to me it seems too small to be a Warthog.

Did they keep the Weta 'hog? We haven't heard a marshmallow peep about it in years.

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 09:04:40 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
It's hard to get a sense of scale, but to me it seems too small to be a Warthog.

Did they keep the Weta 'hog? We haven't heard a marshmallow peep about it in years.

BS Angel was sitting on the turret in on of the weekly updates a few months back. And it was at Halo fest right? There was one on display there anyway.
"Life is trial Riser."

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 01:17:00 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
It could just be a smaller variant of a hog that we havent seen before... Like a Marine-Only hog, never reinforced or intended to be used with spartans... Or some kind of supply hog, used around the base... Heck; it could be one of those civillian cars from Halo 2 for all we know :)

My thoughts about the FUD live series is that (first off, we will see a traffic jump on the main site, come time of launch...)
  But mainly, that they will use it to Bridge the gap between halo 3 and 4... Like, technologically, show the transition of tech, and maybe use it to explain some things like "why have some weapons that havent been seen since reach, suddenly making an appearence again in H4"
   Or another idea is that, at some point during the series; they will use it to explain cheif's armor transition from H3 to H4...
Signature.

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 01:32:00 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Well they don't have to explain away the DMR, because we can just assume it was an Army weapon. The Navy has always been the bigger branch in the fiction, and had a near-monopoly on the game's presentation, so that bothers me little (compared to everything else. :P)

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 01:38:51 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Well they don't have to explain away the DMR, because we can just assume it was an Army weapon. The Navy has always been the bigger branch in the fiction, and had a near-monopoly on the game's presentation, so that bothers me little (compared to everything else. :P)

Huh... Thats a really good explaination... I never thought of that...

Im also suprised that THIS is what you choose not to gripe about :D
Signature.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 01:40:09 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
*Wise man voice*

Even the grouchiest of the whiners must know when to refrain from further whining...

You'll hear plenty of it soon, I'll wager :P

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 01:49:12 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
You'll hear plenty of it soon, I'll wager :P

Whew! EVERYBODY! You may now let out your breath and breathe freely again without worry. Dave will resume his whineing in the future :D

*also, isnt this more of a lobby type topic?..just sayin..
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:54:44 AM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 04:42:05 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 10:25:24 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Phooey.

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 02:35:04 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
My thoughts about the FUD live series is that (first off, we will see a traffic jump on the main site, come time of launch...)

A lot of confused and angry people no doubt. :D
"Life is trial Riser."

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
At least Microsoft didn't shut us down :)

I thought the Warthog at HaloFest was one made for Halo 4/nonfunctional, not the WETA one.

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 04:37:30 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
At least Microsoft didn't shut us down :)

I thought the Warthog at HaloFest was one made for Halo 4/nonfunctional, not the WETA one.

Nope, it was Weta. Saw the logo on the side.

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 07:43:07 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
http://www.the-peak.ca/2012/05/halo-webseries-filmed-on-burnaby-campus/

Here is some more smexy pics showing the warthog, some space cadets maybe and most importantly, Master Chief! With fire!
"Life is trial Riser."