Author Topic: Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn  (Read 51592 times)

Re: Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
« Reply #270 on: November 06, 2012, 05:34:22 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
Just watched, haven't gone through the thread yet, I'd been waiting to watch the special edition before starting Halo 4.

Overall, fantastic.

I loved the intro scene, but Kelly's reveal had me in shivers.

« Reply #271 on: September 11, 2013, 11:37:26 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
So I finally rewatched this for the first time since Halo 4 launch (thanks, Netflix!) It still holds up pretty well. If you just cut some of the stupid hit-you-over-the-head lines of dialogue and slomo, I think it would be better, but that's another matter.

I think they did a fairly good job stitching it into a full-length piece too, and I'm glad they included the "interview" promo stuff, although it slowed down the pace in the beginning.

Still think it's kind of odd they decided some Reach assets were good enough to use for the piece but made the Covenant all Halo 4 style. At the very least you'd expect they could have reused the "Deliver Hope" stuff like they did the armor, but I guess they didn't actually get the project files from that.

On the odd side: since they've got all those Halo 3-style uniforms, are they going to reuse them for the Spielberg series? If so, would that influence the time period they set it in?

« Reply #272 on: September 16, 2013, 12:42:12 AM »

craZboy557

• Rookie
  • Being invisible, failing at sniping.
So how many times have you watched it? I only watched it the one time, was wondering how that matched up with other people.
Unbelievably bitchin' Lego dropships don't just build themselves.

« Reply #273 on: September 16, 2013, 12:45:21 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
So how many times have you watched it? I only watched it the one time, was wondering how that matched up with other people.

This makes two. I don't want most films that often repeatedly (there's probably only about a dozen films I've ever seen more than three or four times.)

« Reply #274 on: September 16, 2013, 12:48:59 AM »

craZboy557

• Rookie
  • Being invisible, failing at sniping.
With me it was more I just didn't think it was worth watching a second time. Like you said, there's some pretty bad dialouge at some points, and a lot of the story seems a bit cliche.
Unbelievably bitchin' Lego dropships don't just build themselves.

« Reply #275 on: September 16, 2013, 06:27:40 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
Maybe I should watch FUD and Legends again and take some notes.