Author Topic: Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn  (Read 51597 times)

Re: Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 12:55:04 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
it is also very likely that they would show it at halftime i would think. but yeah, aint no way im actually going to Watch the game, im jus talking about youtube upload timeage
Signature.

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 02:14:07 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Prolly tomorrow, but I'll keep an eye on HaloGAF--they've always been faster.

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 07:51:45 PM »

Bryan

• Recruit
  • Heretic
    • G+
At first looking at it, I remembered it was identical to the one played during France v. England at Matchday 1 in Group D four days ago at Euro 2012.

Then I saw this HBO thread:
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1143538

Huh.

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
The line "862..293.342.3487.2" looks a bit like the CEA Terminal dating system...

I also notice some familiarities to ILB, which looks like an HBO member also saw: http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1143605

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2012, 08:34:03 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
i forgot about this completely. Dang
Signature.

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 11:02:30 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Not much to talk about, but teaser in case you didn't see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8me1cD01Lw&feature=share

Nice callout to Contact Harvest, at least. This just confuses me more and more about what timeframe that armor is supposed to be--doesn't look like Halo 4 armor, but what's he doing on what appears to be the wrecked Dawn?

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 01:52:15 AM »

paranoiartist

Maybe he was trying to escape or it could be possible that this in Cortana's head.. It IS a teaser trailer..

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 03:24:12 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Maybe he was trying to escape or it could be possible that this in Cortana's head.. It IS a teaser trailer..

Hello!

And yeah, you're entirely right that teasers usually don't have much bearing on the final product... but that doesn't mean fans won't pick it apart anyway :)

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2012, 02:51:50 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
And yeah, you're entirely right that teasers usually don't have much bearing on the final product... but that doesn't mean fans won't pick it apart anyway :)

Pretty much none of the Halo trailers have been even slightly canonical and yet people always go nuts over every detail. I won't stoop to that level... so uh, how about that armour?
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

Pretty much none of the Halo trailers have been even slightly canonical and yet people always go nuts over every detail. I won't stoop to that level... so uh, how about that armour?

Well, but to be fair, the trailers have always been indicative of *something*--whether the basic scenario of the game, or small gameplay changes (AAs, the bubble shield from "Starry Night".)

But I don't know if that has any bearing on a film adaptation.

Hell, I'm pretty sure most of the "Star Trek" feature film trailers were just recycled shots from other movies :P

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2012, 03:57:40 PM »

paranoiartist

Picking it apart is the best part! I just meant that they way they made the teaser made it really a teaser.

Yes, most of the previous trailers are none canon but try to give glimpses of character development. Halo 3 one gave a background I the Spartans childhood or lack thereof and Reach gave us the sacrifice of Noble Six and the development/training/augmentation of Spartan IIIs. So pretty cool. Non-canon but gives us a little more oomph especially to Halo Game fans and probably bring them in to the rest of the universe.

So about that armor... I THINK its the Mark VI. The mini-series could probably have a small story arc for the change of armor. I don't know. Speculation, speculation. One of the reasons I love Halo. :)

*By the way, so far I'm really liking this community.

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2012, 04:27:22 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
Well, but to be fair, the trailers have always been indicative of *something*--whether the basic scenario of the game, or small gameplay changes (AAs, the bubble shield from "Starry Night".)

Yeah well their just marketing strategies at the end of the day. But at least Forward Unit Dawn will hopefully be a worthy piece of the universe and make people buy the game. Everyone wins.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2012, 08:46:23 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
I'm guessing that the armor is going to be based on the Mk. IV variant seen in The Package from Halo Legends. It would make sense, as it would solidify that variant as more canonical and would theoretically increase the desire for people to buy any products that would be modeled off of it.

*ahem*

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2012, 07:57:58 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Post is right, and thats sort of what frankie hinted at when he was talking about the FUD armor.
Signature.

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 05:14:51 PM »

Bryan

• Recruit
  • Heretic
    • G+
Well here it is, in case you missed it on HBO or RUL or whereever you get your news:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_4skHcCpT4&feature=youtu.be