Author Topic: RVB  (Read 2683 times)

RVB
« on: May 29, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Look I know most of you hate it.
    but season 10 just premiered.

Visually, the CG parts actually look amazing...

Wasnt the best video ever, but it still wasnt bad... Something to do for 7 minutes... I thought Agent York looked really really good. The CGI sets looked great.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:27:24 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

Re: RVB
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 03:35:19 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
I watched the premiere last night. I enjoy the series, but I am way lost on what happened in the last few seasons as they have been exploring Project Freelancer, the Alpha and all that stuff.

I loved the original premise of the two teams just talking about things and doing random things, going on wild adventures, etc. I also like this kind of new premise with Freelancer and CGI, although I don't fully understand what is going on. But I wish they would have fully separated the two series, instead of trying to intertwine them, which it seems like they are doing with the new season.

Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Did you watch season 9? Cause that pretty much set's up whats going on in this season... The parts that are CGI are supposed to be way in the bast, before the reds and the blues, and the parts with the reds and the blues are in the future/present and they arent really all that tied into the CG stuff really.... Besides character development and backstory and stuff...
Signature.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 03:57:25 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
I have watched it, but I never re-watched the last few seasons. I understood the concept of when things took place, but it just seemed like they were trying to make the simple storyline of the original seasons (which I would argue that there really isn't one, but that's why I liked it) more complex, when it didn't need to be. Had the CGI-Freelancer stuff been its own series, I probably would have been able to follow it better and with more interest than I currently do. The original premise had a low viewer involvement in the story, or lack thereof, while the new Freelancer stuff has a much more involved storyline to it.

I'll continue to watch the series, but I think that's all I'll be doing; watching, rather than trying to comprehend what is going on. I just hope they keep the humor of the original series and the quality, action-packed, CGI seasons of the new stuff up.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 06:14:27 PM by Sixftunder »
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 03:58:52 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Word.
Signature.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
I really liked it to honest. The new plots aren't that complex really. The only issue with it all is that after they kill the director and councillor at the end of the season (seems inevitable really), there's going to be nothing to do with the rest of that plot line. There can always be new developments up until then of course, but it seems odd that they would do this to themselves. They're kind of stuck on one path now in terms of the plot.

I agree that the Blood Gulch crew should have stayed in a seperate series. Still in the same universe, but just not in the same show. They didn't do a fantastic job at convincing me that everything the characters went through in the first seasons was just a planned simulation. As if going back in time and Tucker giving birth to an alien would totally have been an idea by project freelancer that happens to loads of reds and blues at other outposts.

None of that effects the series at this point though, so I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is. I don't think anything significant happened in the first episode though to be honest. And I had no context to the entire first scene, but it looked awesome. Great dialogue as usual too.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 09:58:55 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Has anyone been watching RvB lately?

The CG from the faces and the body movements are freaking amazing, It really wouldnt be a problem if they were to do the Spops cutscenes.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:05:47 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 08:22:21 AM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
Has anyone been watching RvB lately?

The CG from the faces and the body movements are freaking amazing, It really wouldnt be a problem if they were to do the Spops cutscenes.

Yeah it's pretty impressive. I'm not a fan of a few of the character designs (crazy emo hair and makeup wtf) but most of them look brilliant, especially York. I laughed when I saw Wyoming without his helmet in the previous episode (amazing moustache).

I'm loving the series so far, but I just wish the episodes were a bit longer, though I suppose that's a good thing.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 11:07:47 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
The graphics stil leave something to be desired if we're talking cutscenes, I think. The character's faces aren't that detailed--they feel more like a Dreamworks animation rather than something for a cinematic.

That said their lip sync is prolly better than Halo 3's and on par with Reach's :P

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 03:14:12 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Yeah, probably, but i mean, you have to remember they aren't working with 343 on this project. IF they are doing the Spops series, im sure they would be supplied with the highest echelon of amazing textures and models to do it with.

Also, the graphics were primarily only poor in the scene where they are spying on the Rouge marine guys. The other scenes I felt had great graphics

I was also talking about the body language stuff during the conversations, like it feels pretty natural. Something a lot of CG things can fall short on
Signature.