Author Topic: E3 Campaign Demo  (Read 23997 times)

Re: E3 Campaign Demo
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2012, 04:13:30 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
AH horse; Why it matters.
Obviously, no one plays it right now, but if they were to hard wire Horse into the game, that screams "MATCHMAKING" to me. Think about it, jump into the horse playlist in action sack or whatever, and play a round of horse with like 3 other players. Everyone would play it, it would be awesome.

Ahhh... now there's something I hadn't considered. I might actually give that a try if it was available in matchmaking. I wonder how they would implement that though to make it work, because it would definitely get old replaying the same rounds over and over. It would be the best way to use community made maps. Still, it might be restricted to only custom games, but I hope not. It would add more variety.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2012, 06:24:46 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Also, another thing that REALLY WORRIED ME; in the first few seconds of the demo, when the monitor flies down the cliff. in between where it started and where it ends, there is a killzone.... Like seriously... It looks like they are spamming killzones again.... :(
Signature.

« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
I imagine that was a mistake--why would you intentionally spawn in a kill zone?

I do hope they give you greater flexibility in the Forge spaces compared to the barren expanses in Forge World (I always wanted to set a map in the forested top of the cliffs, for example.)

« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2012, 06:35:23 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Yeah, but thats not whats happening... We need to get the community to make a stink about this. Maybe they will remove it. (also way to ignore my post addressed to you, Dave geez :D)

Also, did anyone watch the RTX Q&A part of the panel? Frankie makes the Weirdest faces throughout the Whole thing, its hilarious
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:51:54 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2012, 09:02:01 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
I know HBO had links, but I just don't have the time to sit through a couple hour-long panels right now. Does anyone have any recommended links to the reveal videos singled out?

« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2012, 09:26:22 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I know HBO had links, but I just don't have the time to sit through a couple hour-long panels right now. Does anyone have any recommended links to the reveal videos singled out?

The link Tar posted covers the big relevant content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSff_V8Vh-k&feature=relmfu

« Reply #261 on: July 12, 2012, 01:39:20 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
The full Halo 4 panel is only an hour, and i would recommend watching the whole thing, it was pretty good
Signature.

« Reply #262 on: July 12, 2012, 02:24:36 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
The full Halo 4 panel is only an hour, and i would recommend watching the whole thing, it was pretty good

Is it only MP and Forge that they discuss?
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #263 on: July 12, 2012, 02:30:30 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
 Fairly so;
   they have a Q&A at the end with some pretty interesting bits about the game/fiction as a whole, the game of AH horse that Jack and Geoff play is really good, if only to see how pretty everything is, and some of the forge items, and some of the physics and stuff that we may not have been able to see before
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:33:35 AM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2012, 12:34:54 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Finally watched the panel discussion.

Forge looks beautiful.

One thing that really stuck out to me was the sound of the mongoose. It sounded like a modern day ATV, which was bad ass, in my opinion of course. Canonically, it might not make sense (UNSC ground vehicles are powered by hydrogen or some kind of gas right?) but that doesn't bother me at all really. Much better than the sound of the mongoose in Reach (cause everything looks and sounds stupid in Reach, right Dave  ;) )
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #265 on: July 13, 2012, 12:38:29 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
They use hydrogen fuel cells iirc.

But electric cars are wimpy sounding, so the unsc fits loud engine sound emulators to all its vehicles.

« Reply #266 on: July 13, 2012, 01:23:22 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Finally watched the panel discussion.

Forge looks beautiful.

One thing that really stuck out to me was the sound of the mongoose. It sounded like a modern day ATV, which was bad ass, in my opinion of course. Canonically, it might not make sense (UNSC ground vehicles are powered by hydrogen or some kind of gas right?) but that doesn't bother me at all really. Much better than the sound of the mongoose in Reach (cause everything looks and sounds stupid in Reach, right Dave  ;) )

Looks stupid perhaps but I think the sound in Reach is a great step up from 3. I think the audio from 4 sounds almost *too* juicy.

« Reply #267 on: July 16, 2012, 02:27:38 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
san diego comic con panel highlights?:
2:30 for the Spops gameplay
Not really worth watching; just a Spops gameplay trailor (looks good, nothing too cool) and some new assassination videos (flag and oddball assassinations)

Also, its weird, apparently, Flag assassinations and Oddball assassinations cause the player to incinerate...

In the Spops Gameplay trailer: CRAzy new elite armor

Also, this wasnt in any of the highlight videos, but in the first 2 minutes into the Panel (full vid) there is a new "trailor" that is kinda dumb, but it shows a lot of new footage, that has a lot of new cutscene clips and stuff with people.... People who look AMAZING.
 As well as new music in the background.
   Also they showed the Mech thing when the narrator was saying the line "new vehicles" :) :) :) :D
I would watch this trailor thingy (its 2 minutes in).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:55:24 AM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #268 on: July 16, 2012, 02:50:10 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
Ugh. Its like an investor video.

« Reply #269 on: July 16, 2012, 03:00:39 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Oh good gravy that video was bad, but yes cool footage.

Actually, it reminds me of the Jurassic Park "Mr. DNA" tour video in an unironic way...