Author Topic: UNSC Mary Sue *Halo 4 Spoilers*  (Read 1869 times)

UNSC Mary Sue *Halo 4 Spoilers*
« on: November 07, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
And its XO, Commander Mary Sue Lasky.

It crashed on Requiem, but was still space worthy. It plowed through a Covenant cruiser without skipping a beat. Its Captain, Captain Plot Device Del Rio only existed for Silent Protagonist 117 to say 'no' to. Del Rio was assigned to the ship by Admiral Mary Sue Parangosky, so that his XO, Commander Mary Sue Lasky would be aboard it (for some reason).

Re: UNSC Mary Sue *Halo 4 Spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 03:41:18 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Del rio wasn't chosen by parangotsky. Hood chose him...

Also, I was surprised at how Not one dimensional his character was. He was a pretty competant commander in some scenes
Signature.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 03:54:31 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero

Also, I was surprised at how Not one dimensional his character was. He was a pretty competant commander in some scenes

I was going by Halopedia as my copy of Thursday War hasn't arrived yet. I got the impression throughout the game that Del Rio was an incompetent ass.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 05:11:20 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero

I was going by Halopedia as my copy of Thursday War hasn't arrived yet. I got the impression throughout the game that Del Rio was an incompetent ass.
Ass; yes. incompetant; not completely... We just think that cause he made a few bad decisions and didn't agree with the chief...

Yeah, Parangotsky says she didnt want him to be captain, but she decided to choose her battles and let the navy appoint him. Ironically, it was probably hood who kicked him out of command too...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:12:34 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 07:31:56 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
Del Rio was a decent enough commander, he just wasn't willing to see the bigger picture. He just wanted to get Infinity and it's crew to safety as fast as possible instead of worrying about a potential threat. Oh, and he was a douche too of course.

The scene where John and Del Rio face off was brilliant. He knew he couldn't physically take Cortana from Chief and so just stood his ground. He was determined if nothing else. I remember that Lasky mentions him leaving in the broadsword section of the game but I was didn't quite hear him as I was to busy dodging moving walls and priming my proton torpedo-uh I mean... havok nuke.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 10:22:18 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Del Rio was a decent enough commander, he just wasn't willing to see the bigger picture. He just wanted to get Infinity and it's crew to safety as fast as possible instead of worrying about a potential threat. Oh, and he was a douche too of course.

The scene where John and Del Rio face off was brilliant. He knew he couldn't physically take Cortana from Chief and so just stood his ground. He was determined if nothing else. I remember that Lasky mentions him leaving in the broadsword section of the game but I was didn't quite hear him as I was to busy dodging moving walls and priming my proton torpedo-uh I mean... havok nuke.
This post was great; Same impression I got of Del Rio, and also a reference to the forerunner trench run :)

Yeah, he got fired from his position because according "Fleetcom wasn't too happy about him leaving you [master chief]"
Signature.

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 06:13:11 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Del Rio is why the ship was in danger in the first place. He blindly led them towards the signal, when anyone in their right mind would have held back and studied Requiem. Until John boosted the signal, all Infinity had to go on was a recorded distress call. A recording isn't enough of a reason to send the big shiny ship carelessly hurtling towards a giant Forerunner artifact, and there is precedent for this in the UNSCs interactions with Trevelyan.