Author Topic: Halo 4 Campaign Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 7142 times)

Re: Halo 4 Campaign Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2012, 05:29:15 PM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
I've thought about it, and I really feel there's a missing level.

Right after chief reunites with the infinity it needs a level where they do some recon, learn about where they are and who they're dealing with.  Would also give them time to learn about the gravity well, rather than right off the bat knowing where it is and that they need to destroy it.

It would've gone a long ways to explain to the player (and of course the characters in the game) who the didact is and where they are.

As much as I enjoy knowing about the extended fiction and not exactly needing it in game, it's just a whole different thing to see it visually and see it effect the characters you've grown with. 

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 05:49:43 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
As much as I enjoy knowing about the extended fiction and not exactly needing it in game, it's just a whole different thing to see it visually and see it effect the characters you've grown with.

Also, the characters aren't necessarily as informed about the extended fiction as we are, so they do need to have some of it explained to them. Otherwise it breaks that immersion.

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 06:14:06 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
They did seem to somehow just KNOW things a lot.

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 06:35:30 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
Most of the characters are military so even if they did have curiosity about the Didact etc, they don't have time to wonder about it. They're just following orders. Chief doesn't seem to interested in such things, as always. Even when the Librarian was telling him about the Genesong, he only had one question on his mind "Can I defeat the Didact without it?" He didn't have time to waste wondering about the hows and whys.

Though I agree. At least another cutscene would have been nice. I miss the long cutscenes of Halo 2. Captain Exposition Keyes would have come in handy right about now.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 02:51:58 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
I've thought about it, and I really feel there's a missing level.

Right after chief reunites with the infinity it needs a level where they do some recon, learn about where they are and who they're dealing with.  Would also give them time to learn about the gravity well, rather than right off the bat knowing where it is and that they need to destroy it.

It would've gone a long ways to explain to the player (and of course the characters in the game) who the didact is and where they are.

Well, if you think about it, it is a massive ship with the most advanced technology and a super massive science crew, hypothetically working around the clock to learn everything they can from the installation... Add that to the data that cortana recovered from the Cartographer... It probably wouldn't take too long to figure out what the gravity wells were...

That said, I actually agree with the sentiment... But I'm just sayin that your specific complaint isnt too great :P

I do think that the game missed a lot of small transitionary cutscenes between various parts of the story. It kinda jumped around a lot... In that way it kinda felt like Halo CE to me, which is a good thing, since it was the first game that bungie did in the franchise. Which shows that that they should be on the right track
Signature.

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 12:36:30 PM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
So it was a good thing because it was like bungies first game?

That doesn't seem like a reason at all.  Jumping around a lot doesn't seem like a good thing just because it was done before.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 12:37:58 PM by Wazooty »

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 06:36:05 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
No, but making an awesome game that has a few minor problems that are very similar to some of the problems seen in Halo CE, says to me that they are on a good track to make awesome games.... As bungie did....
Signature.

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 07:59:52 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
No, but making an awesome game that has a few minor problems that are very similar to some of the problems seen in Halo CE, says to me that they are on a good track to make awesome games.... As bungie did....

Its better to learn from mistakes than copy them.

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero

You must fail a few times before you can learn to walk.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:27:41 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero

You must fail a few times before you can learn to walk.

Walking is for chumps.

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2012, 04:38:08 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Walking is for chumps.

Its times like these that I wish our forum had some kind of "like" button type dealeo... :P
Signature.

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2012, 05:00:20 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
I miss my Sangheili from Halo 3... in his yellow and purple flight armor....