Author Topic: Spartan Ops Episode 2: Artifact *potential spoilers*  (Read 5444 times)

Re: Spartan Ops Episode 2: Artifact *potential spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 06:35:26 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
So what do people think happened to te scientists in the Guilty Spark/Warlock environment (chapter 5?) still not sure what the purpose I the artifact could be, unless it really is a form or prototype of a mini composer.

I like the idea that the scientists were composed as the Prometheans we fought during that segment. It's got a nice creepy feel to it.

Wow... awesome idea... that would be awesome. That might be an interesting enough reveal to make up for running the same maps over and over again.

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 10:32:30 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
So what do people think happened to te scientists in the Guilty Spark/Warlock environment (chapter 5?) still not sure what the purpose I the artifact could be, unless it really is a form or prototype of a mini composer.

I like the idea that the scientists were composed as the Prometheans we fought during that segment. It's got a nice creepy feel to it.

Wow... awesome idea... that would be awesome. That might be an interesting enough reveal to make up for running the same maps over and over again.

Hey now, the final chapter was a new locale as far as I could tell... and a really cool one, too :)

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 10:36:40 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet

Hey now, the final chapter was a new locale as far as I could tell... and a really cool one, too :)

Spoiler alert: It wasn't.

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 11:02:03 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

Well phoo. Still liked that the plant life was the same as Installation 04's swamps though.

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 04:24:15 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...

Memory fail on Dave here... :P

This theory would be great... Somebody spam 343 with this
Signature.

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 06:55:45 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero

Too late dude. Spartan Ops is already 100% finished. They are just drip feeding it to us.

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 07:14:17 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

Too late dude. Spartan Ops is already 100% finished. They are just drip feeding it to us.

On the plus side, they seen really interested in incorporating feedback in the future. On the downside, I'm not sure how you'll convince some people of Spartan Ops' potential beyond less aggravating co-op matchmaking and challenges given this first episode.

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 07:17:15 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Weren't they saying that players get to affect the outcome? I had the impression that was through more than just general feedback. So... does that mean that if most people don't rescue those Marines, that'll become 'canon'? Because that would suck. :P

I can't wait to see how fans help to shape the future of Halo's story, either way. :) Fingers crossed that Spartan Ops is actually going to go somewhere important.

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 06:11:04 AM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
It's as big as campaign!!!!!11

So far it seems like a crappy version of the campaign.

A mini-composer?  Wow.  That's almost like the full sized composer that blasted New Phoenix!

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 06:46:27 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Well it did blast a scientist.

I'd be happy to help shape Halo's future, for a small fee.

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

The only difference is this one sort of... sucked him in. Didn't leave him in a pile of ash, which is why I'm hesitant to say it's actually a mini-Composer.

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 05:01:46 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero

The only difference is this one sort of... sucked him in. Didn't leave him in a pile of ash, which is why I'm hesitant to say it's actually a mini-Composer.

Yeah, I have to agree with Dave here.
And it didn't "Melt" through his skin layers either, which was something that they were really intent on showing you when it happened the first time...

Weren't they saying that players get to affect the outcome? I had the impression that was through more than just general feedback. So... does that mean that if most people don't rescue those Marines, that'll become 'canon'? Because that would suck. :P

I can't wait to see how fans help to shape the future of Halo's story, either way. :) Fingers crossed that Spartan Ops is actually going to go somewhere important.
I think that that idea would be really cool; before launch I was thinking about how they could implement a similar system, where they could have an event during a mission where you have to make a choice between two things and then that choice would become canon.

[overly simplified example] For example, In a mission you might be given the choice to save one important scientist or you can save some important captain; but while you are saving one guy, the other guy gets killed (by something that is scripted, not just by chance)

And then, at the end of the week 343 would tally up who all chose to save which of the guys, and whichever guy more people chose to save is the one that canonically got saved and that guy would have some role in the next episode.
Even if the role they play is just to "give info" to Palmer at the start of the next episode, and they both give the same info (albeit, with different words with a different attitude) it would still be a really really cool thing for the community to get involved with.

But I think what they really meant was that 'players will affect the outcome' in the same way that players affect the outcome of campaign; by freeing the Didact, saving the infinity, stopping the composer, etc.
Signature.

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 05:12:47 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

Yeah, I have to agree with Dave here.
And it didn't "Melt" through his skin layers either, which was something that they were really intent on showing you when it happened the first time...

I think that that idea would be really cool; before launch I was thinking about how they could implement a similar system, where they could have an event during a mission where you have to make a choice between two things and then that choice would become canon.

[overly simplified example] For example, In a mission you might be given the choice to save one important scientist or you can save some important captain; but while you are saving one guy, the other guy gets killed (by something that is scripted, not just by chance)

And then, at the end of the week 343 would tally up who all chose to save which of the guys, and whichever guy more people chose to save is the one that canonically got saved and that guy would have some role in the next episode.
Even if the role they play is just to "give info" to Palmer at the start of the next episode, and they both give the same info (albeit, with different words with a different attitude) it would still be a really really cool thing for the community to get involved with.

But I think what they really meant was that 'players will affect the outcome' in the same way that players affect the outcome of campaign; by freeing the Didact, saving the infinity, stopping the composer, etc.

Oh, like a vote? I dunno. On one hand that sort of makes the "losers"' choices invalidated, on the other it's better than the ME multiverse canon approach. I think I'm fine with player choice bein down to a highly customizable sandbox experience to the level structure--that's what makes the levels fun after all.

On that note, I'd love for a little more randomness in the Ops encounters, which is kind of hard but would reward repeat playthroughs--little things like where enemies attack from and of secondary objectives occur.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:14:14 PM by DangerousDave »

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Oh, like a vote? I dunno. On one hand that sort of makes the "losers"' choices invalidated, on the other it's better than the ME multiverse canon approach. I think I'm fine with player choice bein down to a highly customizable sandbox experience to the level structure--that's what makes the levels fun after all.

Not really a vote; just like a representation of the majority of the game's population did... And it would add to the narrative thread, because you would wonder what will happen; kinda like in a TV show...
Signature.