Author Topic: The Face of Master Chief?  (Read 19660 times)

Re: The Face of Master Chief?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 06:59:02 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Con5yvHs5x0

We should be grateful H4 is being released in 2012 and not 2011, otherwise that would have actually happened
8)

I dunno, while I guess it makes "sense" to reveal Chief's face "at the end" (whatever that might be)... I'd feel like it's a cop-out to expectations. There are certain mysteries I enjoy being left to my imagination at the end of the day.*

*If I were Six or Guns I'd somehow tie this into Mass Effect 3.

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 08:42:20 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.

Mass... Effect...? Sorry I've never heard of it... ???
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 10:16:29 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Con5yvHs5x0

We should be grateful H4 is being released in 2012 and not 2011, otherwise that would have actually happened
8)

I dunno, while I guess it makes "sense" to reveal Chief's face "at the end" (whatever that might be)... I'd feel like it's a cop-out to expectations. There are certain mysteries I enjoy being left to my imagination at the end of the day.*

I think revealing 117's face not in a heroic, or dramatic way, but showing how great a toll war takes even on the best of us would be the only suitable way to show it.

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 11:40:38 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
If it is revealed then yeah he should be in a fatal situation, just like Noble Six's last stand. his helmet is damaged, and he knows he's going down. Even then it shouldn't be like an obvious shot of his face. If anyone has seen the recent seasons of Red vs Blue, then think of the way in which the Director is shown, like you can see his face, but never fully in shot, or it is obscured slightly. So we know what he looks like, but there's not one clear shot of him.

But I would prefer that they didn't show his face to be honest.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 12:14:24 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
I'd rather it not be shown at all, but if it had to be done, I hope it is done in a way that while get this kind of reaction out of people...

http://splicd.com/2i9iTYe6tEk/450/479

;D

If Gun can't find a way to make an "ass backward Catalyst logic statement" (as I am coining it) then I sure as hell can't. Sorry Dave  :P
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 12:37:16 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I'd rather it not be shown at all, but if it had to be done, I hope it is done in a way that while get this kind of reaction out of people...

;D

The "rethink everything you thought you knew" kind of reaction, or the "people's heads explode, Scanners style" kind of reaction? :P

Also: if there's no mesh under those helmets, why did they have that whole kerfluffle over MC's "face" in the multiplayer Spartans for Halo 3?

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 12:44:11 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet

;D

The "rethink everything you thought you knew" kind of reaction, or the "people's heads explode, Scanners style" kind of reaction? :P

Also: if there's no mesh under those helmets, why did they have that whole kerfluffle over MC's "face" in the multiplayer Spartans for Halo 3?

I believe that was just an egg.

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 12:56:38 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero

The "Make the people that wanted to see his face want to take back that wish".... and maybe a little bit of the "people's heads exploding"  :)
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 01:07:52 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Revealing John 117's face will be an important, emotional moment.

Photoshopped stock photo FTW.

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 01:33:32 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero

It could be if done properly. If a lot of time and work isn't put into it, which I guess I don't know why 343i wouldn't, then I'd rather it not be done.

....And there's the ME3 reference you wanted Dave  :P The cycle continues! :D
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 02:43:08 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

It could be if done properly. If a lot of time and work isn't put into it, which I guess I don't know why 343i wouldn't, then I'd rather it not be done.

Wait what?  ???

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 03:13:42 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero

Wait what?  ???
There is a race in the series called the quarians... long story short they cant survive outside of the envrio-suits they have to wear to surive and hence, we never see what they look like in game. In ME3, we were promised that we would finally see the face of a well known and well loved quarian character. This is what we got (image on the right; it only appeared as a photo that Shepard has)

Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 03:15:38 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Haha, that's great. How'd people figure out what it was from? Wouldn't think a RIS or Tineye search would pull up that source...

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 03:36:48 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Haha, that's great. How'd people figure out what it was from? Wouldn't think a RIS or Tineye search would pull up that source...

What's even worse is the fact they put more effort into getting Chobots boobs in the game than a fan-favourite character of all 3 games in the series.

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 03:37:48 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero

Gun might have to help me on this one, but I think that is one of the voice actors in ME3.

Either way, in this day and age, if your gonna photo shop any image, I think sooner or later people are gonna find out.
Praise Bird Jesus!