Author Topic: The Face of Master Chief?  (Read 19656 times)

Re: The Face of Master Chief?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 03:41:08 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Haha, that's great. How'd people figure out what it was from? Wouldn't think a RIS or Tineye search would pull up that source...

What's even worse is the fact they put more effort into getting Chobots boobs in the game than a fan-favourite character of all 3 games in the series.

Very true. Kinda lends some credence to "EA was paying off the major game reviewers/magazines to say the game and ending were amazing" by having an IGN reporter as a voice over for what I'm sure was her first time. Chobot was a horrible voice actor, like they used her first take on all of her lines.

However, I will say it made for a very funny cameo in Gamer Poop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpeRk1YFn8s
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:57:10 AM by Sixftunder »
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 04:56:11 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
Haha, that's great. How'd people figure out what it was from? Wouldn't think a RIS or Tineye search would pull up that source...

What's even worse is the fact they put more effort into getting Chobots boobs in the game than a fan-favourite character of all 3 games in the series.

Very true. Kinda lends some credence to "EA was paying off the major game reviewers/magazines to say the game and ending were amazing" by having an IGN reporter as a voice over for what I'm sure was her first time. Chobot was a horrible voice actor, like they used her first take on all of her lines.

However, I will say it made for a very funny cameo in Gamer Poop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpeRk1YFn8s

It did give me the exquisite joy of getting to tell her to fuck off and never seeing her again, so it was good in that way I guess.

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 01:46:30 AM »

paranoiartist

Chief's face can't be shown. Nope, even if 343i will find a way to reveal it "properly" there will be parts of the fanbase that will still criticize it. His face is better left untouched. The graphic novels, that show his younger face, are enough to spawn A LOT of fan art and designs. Chief was meant to be several faces so we can adapt to him.

Slightly off topic from the last post but I just joined the community and couldn't help but throw my opinion out there. As to Chobot = overrated.

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2012, 02:39:22 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Welcome!

As you can see, I'd say about half of our community is split on revealing MC's face (I am against it as well for the same reasons).

As for Chobot, I hope that ME3 is her last voice over in a video game, or at least the last in a game I enjoy so much.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 01:39:03 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Howdy!
   I refuse to acknowledge the other side in this argument. There is no split on the subject of MC's face :P

And Six, did you just say you ENJOYED ME3!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?
Signature.

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2012, 02:36:46 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero

Yes, I enjoyed ME3 as a video game, the (original) ending was shit. I still had fun playing the game up until the last few minutes, so I would say I enjoyed the game overall. I stated this many times in the ME3 thread, but I don't hold it against you for not checking a thread you have no interest in  :P

Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2012, 03:08:10 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.

Yes, I enjoyed ME3 as a video game, the (original) ending was shit. I still had fun playing the game up until the last few minutes, so I would say I enjoyed the game overall. I stated this many times in the ME3 thread, but I don't hold it against you for not checking a thread you have no interest in  :P

It's a masterpiece now. I would never say a bad thing about it. Never have, never will. Oh no! 80% of my posts have mysteriously disappeared in the last few minutes! Now we'll never know what they contained.

Anyway I know what 343 should do.
Master Chief should take off his helmet after meeting up with his fellow Spartan IIs and say "Just like old times Fred." ...and reveal Garrus. Also get rid of Neil Davidge cause there needs to be like 87% more dubstep and much more explosions. Take out all the dialogue and plot too, cause nobody wants to listen to that. Actually just remove the single player cause nobody plays that anyway. Just focus on small multiplayer maps and remove vehicles. Add like at least 8 more Snipers too k? k.

There I just saved Halo 4 for you 343. You're welcome.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2012, 04:01:23 PM »

paranoiartist

Waah! You literally just ripped my heart out!! Hahah! You turned into an Infinity Ward game! Geez... That must not happen.

NO face showing. Nope. Nu-uh. Never!

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2012, 04:11:12 PM »

Hemlax

• Recruit
  • Heretic
    • Stosedemnásť
C´mon ppl. U know there is only one person who can do this.

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2012, 04:19:15 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Much better than Nicholas Cage  :P
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2012, 04:20:40 PM »

paranoiartist

Hahahaha!! Oh god no. Lol. But yes, way better than Nicholas Cage.

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2012, 04:30:14 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
So I guess I'm the only person who thought he did a decent job in the first Ghost Rider film?

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2012, 04:38:34 PM »

paranoiartist

So I guess I'm the only person who thought he did a decent job in the first Ghost Rider film?

*Looks around entire forum.... *

Yes. Lol.

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2012, 04:58:25 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Oh, don't get me wrong, it was not AAA quality, but I thought there was a lot of interesting elements to it, the effects were well done, and the resolution was a little more clever than "defeat the bad guy with lots of punching". Also, if you consider Nicholas Cage to be a basic movie stumbling block, it worked around him well. I never felt like "this movie would be way better without Cage".

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2012, 07:40:03 PM »

Hemlax

• Recruit
  • Heretic
    • Stosedemnásť

U beeing sarcastic ? Or ? I consider that one of the worst movies of all time.

Weird enough, Nick has been one of the top actors in hollywood once. Dont know what happened to him. Movies like Wild at Heart, Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation...superb.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:47:56 PM by Hemlax »