Author Topic: Oh hello there beautiful  (Read 4431 times)

Oh hello there beautiful
« on: June 28, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet

It's about time.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:02:57 PM by Postmortem »

Re: Oh hello there beautiful
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:44:26 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Can you explain what this is for those of us who deleted our facebook accounts? An official halo 4 page? Information? Pictures? Free puppies?

(it's asking to create an account before viewing the page)
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 05:55:45 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Can you explain what this is for those of us who deleted our facebook accounts? An official halo 4 page? Information? Pictures? Free puppies?

(it's asking to create an account before viewing the page)

You mean you don't have an account on The Facebook?  :o

Here's the image:

Although personally i'm not interested since it's MegaBloks. I'm a LEGO guy myself (although with LEGO having Star Wars I can see why they didn't take on Halo.)

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 08:02:30 PM »

Postmortem

• Veteran
I hated the first couple series of Mega Bloks, they had terrible quality (like all other Mega Bloks products), and looked awful. But then they sold really well, and Mega Bloks realized what they had their hands on and stepped up their game. Now all of the Halo Mega Bloks have some pretty darned good quality, and I've been waiting for a Halo spaceship series for the longest time. Maybe we'll get a series of ships properly scaled to the Infinity, similar to the Star Wars series that Lego did. If Mega Bloks did that, I would be so happy. SouthParkClyde.jpg

Also, fixed OP.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:03:13 PM by Postmortem »

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 11:47:01 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
Yep I agree with Post. The first few sets were terrible, but the last few waves have been of a brilliant quality. I've got a few of the larger sets like the Elephant, and I can say that it is equal to if not not better quality than the many Lego Star Wars sets that I've had in the past. Mega still have that reputation for low quality products, but it seems that it is slowly being left behind, though it will take quite a while still.

I've collected both Lego and Mega Bloks, and I can honeslty say that Mega Bloks are better. Though this looks a bit too pricey for me.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 02:26:12 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I've collected both Lego and Mega Bloks, and I can honeslty say that Mega Bloks are better.

Them's fighting words. I guess to me the issue is always that LEGO provided more room for custom experiences, whereas with the Megbloks pieces I feel straightjacketed into what you build.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 09:30:56 AM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
Them's fighting words. I guess to me the issue is always that LEGO provided more room for custom experiences, whereas with the Megbloks pieces I feel straightjacketed into what you build.

Agreed, but to be fair Lego has been going for a lot longer as one lot of universal sets. Mega Bloks has only really started this with the Halo line. They certainly deserved the hate they got up until like the third or forth wave of Halo sets. I mean relative to how long each company has been trying to make everything compatible Mega is better, but certainly Lego has a big head start and a massive catalog of parts at this point.

I definitely think Lego is better for customising at this point, but eventually there won't be much difference between the two. I guess it's just preference or your reason for buying as there now is virtually no difference in the quality of the products.

Seriously I know how you probably think about Mega Bloks, and I too wasn't very happy when I heard that they had gotten the rights to Halo instead of Lego, but they are very good now. Plus Lego are like the Bethesda or the toy industry, always making lawsuits where there isn't one. If Mega Bloks were still crap then they wouldn't bother worrying about them. Not that Lego will ever go anywhere, and neither do I want them to.

In summary: BOTH ARE AWESOME. COME AT ME BRO. :P
"Life is trial Riser."

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 12:48:39 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

Agreed, but to be fair Lego has been going for a lot longer as one lot of universal sets. Mega Bloks has only really started this with the Halo line. They certainly deserved the hate they got up until like the third or forth wave of Halo sets. I mean relative to how long each company has been trying to make everything compatible Mega is better, but certainly Lego has a big head start and a massive catalog of parts at this point.

I definitely think Lego is better for customising at this point, but eventually there won't be much difference between the two. I guess it's just preference or your reason for buying as there now is virtually no difference in the quality of the products.

Seriously I know how you probably think about Mega Bloks, and I too wasn't very happy when I heard that they had gotten the rights to Halo instead of Lego, but they are very good now. Plus Lego are like the Bethesda or the toy industry, always making lawsuits where there isn't one. If Mega Bloks were still crap then they wouldn't bother worrying about them. Not that Lego will ever go anywhere, and neither do I want them to.

In summary: BOTH ARE AWESOME. COME AT ME BRO. :P

Well, all my money went to LEGOs, so there's no point switching now--when we were kids we got two garbage cans full of pieces from my older cousins and just added on to the collection from there. :)

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 02:36:07 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
Well, all my money went to LEGOs, so there's no point switching now--when we were kids we got two garbage cans full of pieces from my older cousins and just added on to the collection from there. :)

Ditto. If you didn't have that experience then you didn't have a childhood. :)
"Life is trial Riser."

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 05:47:47 PM »

Postmortem

• Veteran

Ditto. If you didn't have that experience then you didn't have a childhood. :)

Agreed.