Author Topic: Halo: Silentium cover released, dated.  (Read 24034 times)

Re: Halo: Silentium cover released, dated.
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2013, 02:56:16 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
The backdoor was the portal, the one he gave Bornstellar the key to.

But where did Bornstellar and the Lifeworkers go? Presumably they oversaw the reseeding of the galaxy, but its doubtful they were still on the ark. Did they get the Librarian's message? Are they trying to track down the Organon to see if anything survived? I mentioned in the other thread that the Audacity mysteriously disappeared.

The book doesn't explicitly reveal the fate of the primitive forerunner. Something worthy of mentioning though is that when they were destryoed by the Halo blast, presumably their moss/history thing would have continued.

As for GS, it seems like his losing the plot was a function both of his isolation, and his selective memory wipe. Presumably if the GS that highjacked the ship is a fresh replacement, it has not been subjected to the memory wipe, if it is the recovered remnants of the original then the memory wipe has somehow been undone, either by damage, or by ONI.

« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2013, 06:34:50 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
I thought that the IsoDidact got the message in that one part of the book, and then discarded it cause he thought it was fake.

Why would the moss/history thing continue? Its basically a higher life form isn't it? The whole thing is basically a mini and organic version of the Domain, why wouldn't it get wiped out too.
Signature.

« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2013, 10:19:56 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
I thought that the IsoDidact got the message in that one part of the book, and then discarded it cause he thought it was fake.

Why would the moss/history thing continue? Its basically a higher life form isn't it? The whole thing is basically a mini and organic version of the Domain, why wouldn't it get wiped out too.

If I got a message saying using the halos would destroy the Domain, then I used them and they destroyed the domain, I'd probably reconsider dismissing it so readily. This would pretty much confirm to bornstellar that the librarian died on earth (assuming domain communications have some time/date/location type metadata, I'm sure that was mentioned at some point)

And we don't know how the moss really does what it does, but I figured it might be alien enough to be unaffected. As long as it's storage medium isn't based on neurological systems it should be fine.

« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2013, 06:10:26 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site

If I got a message saying using the halos would destroy the Domain, then I used them and they destroyed the domain, I'd probably reconsider dismissing it so readily. This would pretty much confirm to bornstellar that the librarian died on earth (assuming domain communications have some time/date/location type metadata, I'm sure that was mentioned at some point)

And we don't know how the moss really does what it does, but I figured it might be alien enough to be unaffected. As long as it's storage medium isn't based on neurological systems it should be fine.

Well I doubt moss is sufficiently advanced to be targeted by the Halos, so I guess the question is if the memory moss would still slip in under that threshold. I doubt we're going to get an answer but it's fun to speculate.

« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2013, 04:30:57 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
So...

I guess the big question that has been left unanswered is 'who is responsible for the Flood research projects on the rings and other installations?'.

I found it odd that it was never really mentioned.