Author Topic: Button Layouts?  (Read 1903 times)

Button Layouts?
« on: August 31, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
With the release of the newest bulletin that details all the control schemes in halo 4* (there wasnt anything else of note in the bulletin, probably cause pax is tommorrow) , I was wondering; what control schemes does/will everyone use?

*pretty much exactly the same, cept they added a new one called "fishstick" which is pretty much just COD controls
Signature.

Re: Button Layouts?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 01:02:44 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Probably default as always, but I might try Recon since I'm not sure if I can get used to having to click left left analog to engage sprint.

So since you don't find anything else of interest, can someone tell me what this Vanguard Personal Gaming environment is exactly? And does it come with EVERY limited edition? (Will there ever be an end to what the limited edition comes with?  :) )
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 02:14:44 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
btw, Recon: Cause B was meant for melee. End of story

Idk, that vanguard thing looks interresting...

Two Questions:
1) If it is so sweet, why did they only show it from the back...

2) They acted like it was completely self contained... Does that include some kind of power source?... It looked nuclear...
Signature.

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 02:22:45 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
There's better pics of the Vanguard at their page: http://gaemspge.com/store/personal-gaming-environments/vanguard

Basically, it's an integrated game system you lug around. Just plug in power and you're golden. I don't see much use for it, but for more mobile gamers I could see it being an interesting and more rugged solution.

I've always stuck with the default controls in Halo, and I'll prolly do so out of habit here too. The only thing that might mess me up is how easy it will or will not be to crouch jump; crouch doesn't matter much in most play zones but it can for speedruns and getting out of the maps (hopefully I won't want to zip past everything as much as I did in Reach.)

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 08:21:48 AM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
I'm gonna just stick with Recon as I did with Reach. I want it to be as close to H3 controls as possible.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 01:15:30 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Hmmm. On that link dave posted, we get to see the Halo ring around the imploding planetoid again... Interresting
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 01:16:51 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 05:05:46 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Default was pretty straightforward and easy to get into. I think it won't take long for B to crouch to feel natural.