Author Topic: Spoilers for Halo 4 / The Thursday War  (Read 20358 times)

Re: Spoilers for Halo 4 / The Thursday War
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 09:23:45 PM »

Slightly Live

• Forward Staff
  • Rookie
  • Logical Plague
    • Forward Unto Dawn
I'm pretty sure that vid is fan made.

It's the video 343 showed at PAX, featuring 343 staff, other professionals and actors talking about making the game and showing you things from behind the scenes.

It is not fan made.

You can find the video on GameSpot right now and it will be up on Waypoint next week. The Waypoint twitter linked to the video too.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong. :)

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 09:30:45 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
I think he was referring to the video gunslinger linked, not the A Hero Awakens VIDOC
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 10:46:54 PM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
^^^^What he said.

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 11:10:43 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
I got your back Wazooty.  :D
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 12:29:45 AM »

Slightly Live

• Forward Staff
  • Rookie
  • Logical Plague
    • Forward Unto Dawn
Ah. Well no still. That isn't a fan made video either. It's portfolio work for a professional animator.

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 01:29:13 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Ah. Well no still. That isn't a fan made video either. It's portfolio work for a professional animator.

I get the vibe that it's him doing his own work rather than actual stuff from Halo though.

EDIT:

Finished reading the Amazon transcript. Not really sure why they let people read 1/4th of the book, plus the last couple of pages, but oh well. Lots of table-setting, less movement than I expected, although if the ending pages are an indication, there's some fair status quo shifts. Glad they aren't just tossing the Onyx shield world aside, although I still don't get why they made it so huge in the first place.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:59:07 AM by DangerousDave »

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 03:59:06 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Edit; Nvm
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 04:12:37 AM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 04:01:44 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Naomi and osman are two different people. I was taking about Osman
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 04:13:17 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Yeah, i realized that a minute after i posted it; guess i didnt edit in time :P

Ok, so i read the first twenty or so pages; then i realized i want to read the whole thing in it's entirety when it comes out, so...
But;
      Could Halsey possibly be on the infinity? Cause her job was to incorporate the tech into the infinity...
Signature.

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 04:42:47 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero

You shouldn't be ashamed to admit you made a mistake; we're human - It's what separates us from the Covenant and Forerunners  ;) This should be a place where we don't criticize others for making a mistake when their intentions were in the right place. I know I don't do that, or at least try to, but that isn't to say that others havent done so  ;D All joking aside, I have nothing but respect for you Tar.

Speaking of which, you once again deleted your entire original post, so I can't re-read what you originally posted, but I know you said at least one of Naomi's parents committed suicide; I don't know if you said both, but if you did, Naomi's father is still alive as noted at the end of Glasslands.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 04:43:53 AM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
In the amazon preview, if you enter any words in the search bar, it will show you all the places that word shows up in, and the sentence it shows up in, even if it isn't in the pages we can see.

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 01:53:43 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

Ok, so i read the first twenty or so pages; then i realized i want to read the whole thing in it's entirety when it comes out, so...
But;
      Could Halsey possibly be on the infinity? Cause her job was to incorporate the tech into the infinity...

They certainly seem to be using her experience to help integrate tech, but Parangosky wants her back in a cell pretty soon--maybe she does take the opportunity to spring from detention?

Also interesting is how Parangosky seems rather afraid of Halsey's existence leaking out. What does she think would happen? I doubt lynch mobs would come for Halsey, maybe she thinks having her dead gives ONI a scape-goat for all those war crimes.

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 02:31:22 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Aww, thanks six, I have nothin but respect for you too :D  And yeah, i knew the father wasnt dead yet

But;

They certainly seem to be using her experience to help integrate tech, but Parangosky wants her back in a cell pretty soon--maybe she does take the opportunity to spring from detention?

Also interesting is how Parangosky seems rather afraid of Halsey's existence leaking out. What does she think would happen? I doubt lynch mobs would come for Halsey, maybe she thinks having her dead gives ONI a scape-goat for all those war crimes.
But at the same time though, the infinity is a HUGE ship... Someone could easily be hidden aboard somewhere. And it would make sense for halsey to stay on the ship, cause what if some forerunner tech starts to malfunction? who is the only person who knows how it works to fix it?
Signature.

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 02:35:53 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Aww, thanks six, I have nothin but respect for you too :D  And yeah, i knew the father wasnt dead yet

But;

But at the same time though, the infinity is a HUGE ship... Someone could easily be hidden aboard somewhere. And it would make sense for halsey to stay on the ship, cause what if some forerunner tech starts to malfunction? who is the only person who knows how it works to fix it?

ONI seems plenty happy to leave the Engineers to it. Keep them fed and they not only fix things, they make it better, and they produce more of themselves. They're the perfect workers. It makes sense that they were keeping the Covenant together.

Although that does beg the question... given that we know Covenant tech was often inferior based on flaws in their own design, why didn't the Engineers fix those issues (such as Cortana's recognition that their targeting and slipspace tech could be easily improved). Did the Prophets lock them out of certain areas so that their true role wasn't revealed? (The only "innovation" the Engineers could do was under the watchful eye of the Prophets?)

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 04:55:11 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet

But;

ONI seems plenty happy to leave the Engineers to it. Keep them fed and they not only fix things, they make it better, and they produce more of themselves. They're the perfect workers. It makes sense that they were keeping the Covenant together.

Although that does beg the question... given that we know Covenant tech was often inferior based on flaws in their own design, why didn't the Engineers fix those issues (such as Cortana's recognition that their targeting and slipspace tech could be easily improved). Did the Prophets lock them out of certain areas so that their true role wasn't revealed? (The only "innovation" the Engineers could do was under the watchful eye of the Prophets?)

Oh, actually this would make a great story. We find out that the Engineers were actually sabotaging/holding back the Covenant the entire time without them knowing it.