Author Topic: Spoilers for Halo 4 / The Thursday War  (Read 20325 times)

Re: Spoilers for Halo 4 / The Thursday War
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 05:16:04 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
meh... Maybe, but it kinda sounds like a theory someone would post on waypoint; "WHAT IF TEH ENGENNERS IS A GOOD GUYZ ALL AL0NG??!!?!?!?!"

Although, Post, you can make anything sound good when you write an article about it; even time-travel, so i won't totally discredit the theory right away, especially given the fact that humans would be the engineers' rightful masters as reclaimers.
Although i don' think it would be a purposeful "sabotage" of the covenant; I would imagine it to be more like something in their genetic coding that tells them to do their best when working on stuff made by the reclaimers, but then they are just hardwired to repair everything else just for fun

Although it could simply be that when they first discovered the engineers, the elites and prophets would flip out if the engineers tried to change any forerunner stuff to improve on it, and end up beating or killing whatever engineer tried. Then eventually the engineers got the message and stopped trying to innovate on covenant tech
Signature.

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
I'm imagine that whatever improvements the engineers made, even if they were half-assed, were still well beyond the elites/prophets comprehension. 

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 05:51:43 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Plus the Elites and Prophets, in turn, would probably think it sacrilege to bring any harm to a creature they knew to be created by their gods.

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
No... Not necessarily, Humans for example. They had no problem ripping into us and covering it up.

The Engineer's disassembling and reconfiguring forerunner tech might lower the general populace's view of forerunner relics and stuff; which would undermine the entire foundation of their authority
Signature.

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
No... Not necessarily, Humans for example. They had no problem ripping into us and covering it up.

The Engineer's disassembling and reconfiguring forerunner tech might lower the general populace's view of forerunner relics and stuff; which would undermine the entire foundation of their authority

IIRC the Elites did have some reverence for the Engineers, as did the pious Brutes, but I think it was also because they were simply very valuable. Why would you harm a free and happy worker?

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 09:10:24 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
The Prophets covered up the human thing because the revelation that their gods were still alive would reveal that the entire Covenant was a lie and would have forced their entire race into extinction. I imagine the discovery of the Engineers went over much differently.

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 10:01:29 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Yeah, I was refering to their reaction to the engineers dissasembling things more so than the discovery of the engineers themselves. But you guys bring up good points
Signature.

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 05:34:14 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Shall we start a new thread for discussing Glass Harder, or will this one do? I'm only on chapter three, but I've already highlighted a few interesting notes.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2012, 05:45:42 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Might as well here :)

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2012, 03:52:46 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Thank you

Btw, SLIGHTLT'S NEXT POST HAS HEAVY SPOILERS
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:49:46 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2012, 05:38:41 PM »

Slightly Live

• Forward Staff
  • Rookie
  • Logical Plague
    • Forward Unto Dawn
Didact is revealed in the third level of Halo 4. Here is a description.

Reaching the final stage of the level also introduced the game’s protagonist: a huge, grotesque Forerunner beast with sharp claws and a receding hairline of sorts, who is also the commander of the Prometheans and known only as the Didact. His introduction is fairly startling, as he has the verbose and hyperbolic crazy-man chatter that is synonymous with all good super villains and he’s a huge monstrous figure…

Source

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2012, 05:41:38 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Litterally just came to post this. You should probably post a huge SPOILERS SPOILERS tag up on that post, slightly just to be sure

DAANG! So the Didact is alive and embodied, and we will actually get to see a LEGIT forerunner int he flesh... SO excited.

And it seems like youre going to talk with the Didact for a while as you slowly rise up to the surface of the planet, at which point, you will see the infinity crash.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:51:10 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »

Slightly Live

• Forward Staff
  • Rookie
  • Logical Plague
    • Forward Unto Dawn
Have you seen the first post in this thread? I gave all the spoilers warning in the OP. Every reply afterwards is fair game.

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2012, 05:58:32 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
common courtesy is still to be observed
Signature.

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Have you seen the first post in this thread? I gave all the spoilers warning in the OP. Every reply afterwards is fair game.

It's also clearly stated in the title of the thread.

And did the description of the didact mean to say the antagonist?
Praise Bird Jesus!