Author Topic: September Halo 4 embargo?  (Read 4413 times)

September Halo 4 embargo?
« on: September 11, 2012, 12:47:32 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
According to Mr. Adam Kovic of Machinima, there is an embargo on releasing any new information on Halo 4 until the end of this month/early next month. He stated the he is heading to 343i studios in Seattle tomorrow to find out some new (multiplayer?) information on the game and that they will share what they have learned at the end of the month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR3G1QHgi5M&feature=g-u-u

I wonder what exactly he will be getting his hands on at this point. Other than new maps and a complete list of the Covenant weapons, I feel like we have gotten just about everything that we will get out of the multiplayer/war games feature of the game pre-release. Maybe he will get to play some new missions from Spartan Ops or the campaign? Either way, I'm glad Machinima is sending him as he is a huge Halo nut, if not the most enthusiastic about the game at Machinima, in my opinion.

How will we fill the time? Good thing the wonderful FuD staff has some new exciting content due out for us this month!  ;D

By exciting content, I am of course referring to the long awaited Reach Data Pads article part 3, which we all can't wait to read, except for Dave :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:52:36 AM by Sixftunder »
Praise Bird Jesus!

Re: September Halo 4 embargo?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 03:35:46 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
At most I figure there's one more mission of campaign or Ops that gets revealed, tops, along with one more multiplayer map and *maybe* one more game mode. I feel like if there were megatons in that regard they would be revealed at Pax.

Exciting content? Where?

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 03:50:03 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Maybe this new map re-make will be shown.

Exciting content? Where?

Ah, I apologize. Original post has been modified :P
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 11:39:46 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Maybe this new map re-make will be shown.

I dunno. Wouldn't you want all your reveals to be "new new new"? Why would you show the one map that people have already seen in some form?

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Because they've been teasing this new map for a while i guess would be the reason to show it

But yeah; we have seen enough to be satisfied, everything else will just be to keep H4 in the spotlight while we wait for Forward Unto Dawn
Signature.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 10:03:32 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Whatever it is, Halo Waypoint loves shoving it in our faces that we can't see whatever it is  ::)

Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 02:34:24 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Well, now I hope it is something more than just a map remake. Then again, I'm not sure why 343i would bring people to Seattle just to show off a single map, or even a few

https://twitter.com/adamkovic/status/245698182309371904
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 02:41:31 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Well, now I hope it is something more than just a map remake. Then again, I'm not sure why 343i would bring people to Seattle just to show off a single map, or even a few

Well, the game industry works by flying in game journalists. The news doesn't really have to be a bombshell for that to happen :)

</expectations lowerer>

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 03:44:46 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero

Well, the game industry works by flying in game journalists. The news doesn't really have to be a bombshell for that to happen :)

</expectations lowerer>

Which is ironic considering that the gaming culture is above any other; the one built on not actually being near the other people you relate to...
Signature.

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 04:04:47 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
I just keep thinking back to how Kovic said what we DID, not what we saw or played. Perhaps they built something in a new Forge environment? Did they shoot a commercial for Halo 4 somehow?

Speaking of which, do you think we will see any commercials for Halo 4 like with the Starry Night and Believe commercials for Halo 3? I mean, we are less than 60 days from launch (OH MAH GERD!) you would think they would start popping up by now, wouldn't you?
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Ideally I wanna see theater spots like those Halo 2 ones :)

They already teased Forge, unless they're showing the other new environments and there's some feature they've been withholding...

Considering the atrocious editing skills of the games press I wouldn't put too much stock in his phrasing :)

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 05:31:16 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Considering the atrocious editing skills of the games press I wouldn't put too much stock in his phrasing :)

At least he can spell his own name right on his twitter account, that puts him a step above the rest of the gaming press  :)
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 06:41:59 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
They cant spell their names? Also, to be honest, Of all the gaming press, machinima is the only organization that i respect
Signature.

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Well Dave, I guess you'll be happy to know that not only is their grammar atrocious, but they lie as well, or at least misinterpret the news and/or do not correctly report on it:

https://twitter.com/DavidEllis/status/245993460547600384

New VIDOC today! The embargo ends!  :P
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 11:22:38 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Idk if thats gonna be the same thing they saw. The video they are gonna premiere tonight is gonna be* the "Hero Awakens" part 2... And idk if they would fly out press for that...

*this baseless prediction brought to you by Tar Alacrin and his internet anonymity
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:24:28 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.