Author Topic: Fud Podcast Episode 7  (Read 2311 times)

Fud Podcast Episode 7
« on: September 15, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Great Podcast as usual guys, glad to see you guys actually put Dave to work for once :D

At any rate, here's what i thought;

Covy and Prometheans working together in Waves
The fact that they attack in waves greatly supports the theory I brought up about how they aren't really "working together" so much that the covenant are trying to help the prometheans, and the prometheans just aren't attacking the covenant because the covenant are keeping out of the "defensive perimeter" and thus are not evaluated as threats.
This is would explain the Wave set up of the attack, rather than an actual integration of the two factions; because the covenant had to set up camp outside the prometheans' defensive zone cause if they tried to move closer, than the prometheans would evaluate them as threats/trespassers, and destroy them.

Mission starting without explanation of why the spartans are there
We got to remember that it could be that in the last mission we land there and clear an LZ and make a little camp, and at the end of the level is a cutscene that sets up the E3 and PAX mission, so then when you start the PAX mission, there would be minimal set up.

Right now, BS Angel said that they aren't gonna put flag throwing into the game at release, and that they Might add it in to the game post release if the community makes a big stink. I think that its fine; if you want to play the new Halo CTF you can play the new Halo CTF, if you want to play the old one, you can play the old one still. Dont waste time coding something in the game for custom matches for people who just want to play halo 3 again but are too lazy to switch disks, when you could spend it coding something to actually improve the game. That said, I do agree with the fact that they should put X to pick up back in, just to stop problems.

Don't even toy with the idea of fiction in griffball and stuff; Griffball aint canonical says BS angel, although 'smart eyed fans will notice a bit of fiction in one of the new game elements'  -- which almost certainly is referring to the oddball.

@Post Where did you hear that the technology surrounding the spirit skull is human? Or is that just the feeling you got?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:51:36 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

Re: Fud Podcast Episode 7
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 04:11:17 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
It looks a bit too low tech and has too many screws and bolts in it for Forerunner tech. The metal appears different as well. Could be wrong, but yeah... that was my impression.

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Yeah, now that I look back at the pictures, some of them do definitely look more Human than anything else... Interesting point...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 03:28:15 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 12:47:46 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
I watched an interview with Frankie conducted by Ready Up Live not too long ago in which Frankie described that there will be musical ques in matchmaking to alert you that there is only so much time left in the game. Did either of you hear this music when you played? I apologize if you mentioned this in the podcast, I just don't recall hearing about it.

If so, did it seem like clips from any of the songs from the soundtracks, or something else? Either way, I like the idea more so than just 1 minute, 30 seconds, 10 seconds remaining; it seems like more of a motivator.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 02:01:40 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
My recollection from the offscreen footage I saw was that it was similar to the Firefight music we've seen. I'm not sure what link would let you hear that though. Mayhaps Ellis vs. NeoGAF match has it.

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 02:17:29 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Yeah, I think the firefight music is a good comparison. New music, but same feel as that. Just adds more intensity to the action.

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 03:13:21 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Maybe it's in here? http://files2.bungie.org/dv/exile_ctf_pax2012/

Really don't want to wade through the off-screen stuff to try and find :P

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 08:50:19 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Quote from: Destructoid
As such, don't go in expecting something amazing. From what we saw -- and this could change in further-down episodes -- these are essentially short, sandbox-like levels where you have a basic objective and you can go around fighting enemies however you see fit, similar to traditional combat scenarios in Halo games. With a few co-op partners, this was decent fun, but we'll need to keep our expectations in check. If 343 can deliver on promises of a providing an interesting overlying narrative through Spartan Ops, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
I found this in an article on destrctoid, It may seem that Post's disappointment wasnt too far off the mark. I, personally, dont mind. Because I think that it is fundementally supposed to fit into the same relm as firefight, just with a lot of extra story and stuff. I think that people are gonna be let down when they realize that it isnt just another campaign though.
Signature.

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 09:07:26 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Because I think that it is fundementally supposed to fit into the same relm as firefight, just with a lot of extra story and stuff.

That's basically Frankie's explanation for it (2:04)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nmDHmuA_NY
Praise Bird Jesus!