Author Topic: Bullten  (Read 1974 times)

Bullten
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:03:54 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Covenant arsenal, with vids and descriptions:

http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/09/19/The-Halo-Bulletin-91912-.aspx
    Also found on HBO Here

Pretty groovy actually, not to much that we didn't already know;
  ++ Concussion rifle is returning (now it has more punch, and makes things go flying even farther)
  ++ Energy sword wielders who are sprinting no longer get slowed down by people who shoot them.
  ++ Merchants of Qikost is the coolest name of any weapon manufacturer
  ++ Interresting fiction tidbit: Under the manufacturer of the Gravity hammer it says:
MANUFACTURER: Recovered from field (originally Sacred Promissory)
        Which makes me think that the UNSC have recovered the Gravity hammers to give to the SIV's or something... Interresting.

Also, All you rich guys who bought the Limited Edition console; you guys dont actually get the bonuses from the normal limited edition :p Like the war games map pack access or the special "infinity briefing packet" or the Special edition of the FUD series HaHa
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:29:52 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

Re: Bullten 09/19/12
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 10:19:18 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
The preorder bonus segregation is annoying, but not unexpected.

I'm sure sometime down the line they'll offer most of it as DLC, so those who really care prolly don't have to spend all that extra coin.

The Covenant weapons sound a little too much like the human weapons to me, in that they are very clanky. Then again, Spartans now sound like they're running around with cutlery tied to their appendages so I guess it's fitting with the much more claustrophobic audio mix they're going for.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 10:47:55 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Covenant weapons sound much more 'realistic' to me. And by that I pretty much just mean 'less comical'.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 11:44:53 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
The preorder bonus segregation is annoying, but not unexpected.

I'm sure sometime down the line they'll offer most of it as DLC, so those who really care prolly don't have to spend all that extra coin.

*whines about change* ;)

Idk if they will change the preorder bonus thing for what you get for getting limited and special editions though... They might DLC release the preorder bonus stuff that you get from ordering from any one specific outlet... But I doubt they would do that to the limited edition merc... Except maybe the special edition of FUD.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:47:15 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 12:15:04 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Covenant weapons sound much more 'realistic' to me. And by that I pretty much just mean 'less comical'.

I get that in a sense, but aside from the color, which doesn't particularly bother me--if you want it more "serious", yeah go with indigo as opposed to purple--they don't really feel as alien, which works against their desire to differentiate them.

They did at least provide a reason for the change, in that they wanted to get Covenant weaponry utilized more, but I don't think it's a net positive.