Author Topic: Griefing.  (Read 1604 times)

Griefing.
« on: November 10, 2012, 09:44:07 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
Getting pretty sick of idiots blowing up vehicles and screwing over their own team. And especially the derps who overcharge and stunlock allied Mantis. Why the hell did 343 disable friendly fire, but leave in plasma stun?

Re: Griefing.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 11:42:01 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
I haven't encountered this yet, but it happened all the time in the other games in the series. All I can recommend is playing with friends. I know it's not always an option, but it's the only way to avoid the selfish idiots of the internet. I agree though, there's no reason to keep friendly fire EMPing. The thing is, if enough people complain, I genuinely think that 343 would remove it. They seem pretty open to feedback.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 12:14:26 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
I had a guy on my team. Dr Deadpool1337, who just followed me around in the Mantis, twice, stun-locking me until the other team killed me. Then he sent me a message after that said "Problem?".

So I avoided him for unsportsmanlike behaviour, sent him a message saying he might grow up one day, and blocked him.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 05:28:00 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
I've never encountered anything like this either... Maybe its an austrailian thing :P
Signature.

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 08:19:08 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
All I can recommend is playing with friends. I know it's not always an option, but it's the only way to avoid the selfish idiots of the internet.

You clearly don't know my friends...

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 02:50:30 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Six can attest to me jumping in front of his shots while he was scoped in on Hemorrhage, but yeah usually griefing is really annoying, especially if you're not playing with friends--it's just a dick move.

The gold standard of griefing is definitely the Roomba video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ

A lot of that stuff is stupid, but to me forcing your teammates to answer trivia before they play they game transcends mere griefing into something altogether more fun :)

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 12:51:08 AM »

craZboy557

• Rookie
  • Being invisible, failing at sniping.
All I can recommend is playing with friends. I know it's not always an option, but it's the only way to avoid the selfish idiots of the internet.

You clearly don't know my friends...

Tell me about. I recently unfriended some people once they started stat-padding in a griffball match.
Unbelievably bitchin' Lego dropships don't just build themselves.