Author Topic: Grind  (Read 3422 times)

Grind
« on: November 18, 2012, 03:51:44 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
Starting to get to me. Up to 37, hardly ever unlocking anything, specializations seem so far away...

I really have to do this 10+ times? :(

Re: Grind
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 02:43:44 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
You have the LE, right? Pick Fast track as your first specialization :)

The issue I'm having with the unlocks is they've tied a lot to commendations, which is fine, but then when locked items appear in the armory you think they're new to use (no, it's just letting you know about them.) I'd much rather keep the locked notifications slow like they are but only give you stars for actual items available.

Thanks to the 12,000 XP code that people just found, I'm up to Level 21 or 22 I think. I've got my CQC, mid-range Carbine/Boltshot and Longrange DMR/Plasma Pistol loadouts with dexterity and shielding, so I'm set for those--only choice I have is whether to use hologram in my longrange loadout or stick with Promethean vision. I redeemed my Amazon preorder codes, which luckily unlocks the armor set, not just the skin--so now I've got my Spider-man CIO chestpiece. Air Assault in Halo 4 is pretty damn close to ODST (probably the only helmet alongside Scout they've actually improved from previous games) so I think I'm mostly set for armor. I guess at this point the unlocks don't matter to me then :)

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
The issue I'm having with the unlocks is they've tied a lot to commendations, which is fine, but then when locked items appear in the armory you think they're new to use (no, it's just letting you know about them.) I'd much rather keep the locked notifications slow like they are but only give you stars for actual items available.

Well, the unlocks that only require you to complete a single commendation are fine, but the ones that require the Mastery Commendation in which you have to complete like 5 different commendations is annoying. The locked notifications are quite annoying as well.

Thanks to the 12,000 XP code

Um..........what?
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 04:27:54 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

Well, the unlocks that only require you to complete a single commendation are fine, but the ones that require the Mastery Commendation in which you have to complete like 5 different commendations is annoying. The locked notifications are quite annoying as well.

Thanks to the 12,000 XP code

Um..........what?

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/13ck0l/new_glyph_day_one/

I assume it'll work for everyone since I didn't play until the 8th or 9th and still got it.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 11:43:11 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Its in my codes thread. Its the ONI Day One code.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 11:58:03 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Wouldnt fast track be best to save for last, as presumably the last 10 levels are the toughest?

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 03:13:06 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Wouldnt fast track be best to save for last, as presumably the last 10 levels are the toughest?

Eh, I dunno. I think that the progression system doesn't actually scale that way--the levels don't continue to get more difficult to level 120(?) like they did with the Moon ranks up to Inheritor. According to this chart, it's far closer to a linear curve after the initial 1-50 ramp.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44306216&postcount=3566

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 04:01:58 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Yeah, they outlined the exact system in a bulletin recently; every level up until 50 increases the XP required. Then they said that the 10 levels of each Specialization will take roughly the same amount of XP as getting from SR40 to SR50. and that it wouldn't change depending on the order or anything
Signature.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 06:27:42 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Thats still a lot of exp... 35k + per level...

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 04:23:03 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Well... Its designed to be "end game" kinda stuff... Its supposed to last you a very long while...
Signature.

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 04:49:59 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
I much more in the school of thought that says option should be front-loaded, and cosmetics back-loaded.

It would really suck to be the guy who finds the playstyle that suits him best is the last specialization he gets.

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 01:42:53 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
I much more in the school of thought that says option should be front-loaded, and cosmetics back-loaded.
I kinda agree

It would really suck to be the guy who finds the playstyle that suits him best is the last specialization he gets.
yeah, but by level 50 you should realize what playstyle you like. And if you dont have any idea how you play by that far into the game; you dont deserve to get the right specialization
Signature.

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 01:54:28 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
I had multiple matchmaking related dreams last night... ugh.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 12:53:17 AM »

craZboy557

• Rookie
  • Being invisible, failing at sniping.

Whenever I dream that I'm playing halo it always seems like I'm not doing damage. Not the best dreams.
Unbelievably bitchin' Lego dropships don't just build themselves.

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 05:30:42 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero

Whenever I dream that I'm playing halo it always seems like I'm not doing damage. Not the best dreams.

I haven't had any since I stopped playing matchmaking lol.