Author Topic: Spartan Ops: One Stop Shop  (Read 25376 times)

Spartan Ops: One Stop Shop
« on: December 03, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
*First season complete!*

As suggested in the last thread.

This thread contains spoilers as of *episode 10*, I will keep the OP edited to match future releases.

This weeks episode vid was awesome, it had me in shivers. I'm actually going to watch it again right now.

Jul 'Mdama is using more and more subtle tactics to manipulate the humans, just like I said.

It was a nice touch having the guy in Operator gear pilot the pelican.

There is a brief holographic figure of a human female during the power surge.

We should have guessed who was sending the messages... it was a simple step from the Librarian...

What has Glassman activated? It looks very bubble shield / forerunner glyph interface / cryptum - y.

This video makes me really wonder about Spartan IV chain of command. The Spartan II program was run by ONI, but their field command was under Naval Special Warfare Command / Naval Special Weapons. Also under this command were Project Orion candidates and ODST. Presumably these forces, similar to Special Warfare Command (the army equivalent), were all directly subordinate to a sub-agency of UNSC High Command (Unified Ground Command in the case of SPECWARCOM).

The Spartan III program appears to have been directly by ONI, except for teams (like Noble Team) apparently lent out to other branches (SPECWARCOM for Noble Team).

Spartan IV is stated to be operating as its own new branch within the UNSC... but who does it report to? Does Palmer report directly to UNSC High Command? Its clear from Sarah Palmer's attitude that she has been spending a lot of time with Parangosky and agreeing with everything she says. It also seems weird how much 'need to know' information Palmer seems to know.

Those were only borderline spoilerish, this next one more so:

Have all the Prometheans in Spartan Ops been modern humans? And have we been killing them?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:11:02 PM by Capac Amaru »

Re: Spartan Ops: One Stop Shop
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 07:02:11 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Jul 'Mdama is using more and more subtle tactics to manipulate the humans, just like I said.

We should have guessed who was sending the messages... it was a simple step from the Librarian...

I only got to watch the episode once before I had to leave for class so I haven't had much time to digest it or watch it again, which I want to do.

But do you mean that the messages were a step from the librarian for Jul to use? I thought it was being inferred that Jul was sending the messages but your comment kind of threw me off.

Also, what did Thorn say right before he touched the artifact? And doesnt he know what happened to the scientist who first touched it?

Anyway, I'm sure we will be discussing this episode in detail tonight during our spartan ops night  :)
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:13:16 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero

I only got to watch the episode once before I had to leave for class so I haven't had much time to digest it or watch it again, which I want to do.

But do you mean that the messages were a step from the librarian for Jul to use? I thought it was being inferred that Jul was sending the messages but your comment kind of threw me off.

Also, what did Thorn say right before he touched the artifact? And doesnt he know what happened to the scientist who first touched it?

Anyway, I'm sure we will be discussing this episode in detail tonight during our spartan ops night  :)

I meant a logical step. As in we might have guessed it was Jul if we weren't so used to Traviss style 'elites are derp' indoctrination.

Only Lasky and Palmer were there for Glassman's disappearance, so Thorne may not have been aware, but I'd guess at least had an idea, and hoped it would take him to his family... one way or another.

Did I miss campaign night? :( stupid timezones and borked sleeping patterns have my head in a spin.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
campaign night is tomorrow :)

Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 07:36:55 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
see, I am out of it lol.

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 08:41:53 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
The memories contained within the Forerunner unit showed that whoever it was, they saw the Artifact. Can't remember correctly, but it looked to me like it was still on Requiem in the memory. Who else has seen the Artifact on Requiem besides Crimson team? This is confusing.

But yes, I'm glad they're finally showing that not all of these Knights had to have been ancient humans. I love seeing the characters in the game exploring the same concepts that we as fans have been exploring.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 09:25:58 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Its possible that the artifact is just a portal generator, and that the composed people were transported to it from the Composer. That would explain why the person saw it. They could also have been one of the Prometheans protecting it.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 09:59:31 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Quote from: Capac
This video makes me really wonder about Spartan IV chain of command.

The Spartan III program appears to have been directly by ONI, except for teams (like Noble Team) apparently lent out to other branches (SPECWARCOM for Noble Team).

Spartan IV is stated to be operating as its own new branch within the UNSC... but who does it report to? Does Palmer report directly to UNSC High Command? Its clear from Sarah Palmer's attitude that she has been spending a lot of time with.

Its probably similar to the Marines in the US army. Cause they are technically a subsection of the Navy, but they are pretty much an autonomous section. I would guess that Palmer, when not in a mission, might report to Hood... Or maybe it is a joint project, and she gives her briefings to both Hood and Osman or something. But During a mission, like all the stuff from spartan ops technically is, she would report to her CO, which would now be Laskey.

Quote from: Capac
Parangosky and agreeing with everything she says. It also seems weird how much 'need to know' information Palmer seems to know.
She is a Commander... Which is what Laskey was before he got promoted to Captain... So it isn't That crazy...

Its possible that the artifact is just a portal generator, and that the composed people were transported to it from the Composer. That would explain why the person saw it. They could also have been one of the Prometheans protecting it.

The only problem would be that the artifact didn't warp halsey, and shut down/communicated with the ship, bit advanced for just a portal generator. Seems to teleport Thorne to the same place that we found the artifact in the first place... Although, it could have just been Jul somehow using the slipspace portal to send the messages and talk to the ship...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:01:18 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 10:46:28 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Its been specified that Spartan IV is a new branch outside the Navy, Army, Air Force and Marines, which all report directly to High Command.

Palmer wasn't surprised that the Prometheans were human, and she didn't seem surprised they were New Phoenix humans. That seems like it would be outside her need to know, and I can't see Lasky gossiping about classified intel.

I think transportation is the default, and the other features are extras that Jul is taking advantage of. Either halsey knew what she was doing, or Jul suppressed the transportation to keep his contact onboard

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 02:59:47 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Well... we finally got a cutscene after a mission. But it just had to be a cliffhanger...

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 06:55:56 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Palmer wasn't surprised that the Prometheans were human, and she didn't seem surprised they were New Phoenix humans. That seems like it would be outside her need to know, and I can't see Lasky gossiping about classified intel.

The top commander of all of the special ops troops who are fighting the prometheans, wouldn't need to know what they are?... I don't know how they handle things down under... But up here...
Signature.

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 07:46:33 AM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
I'll I want to know is what John is doing through all of this.

I'd say he's relaxing with blue team...but they aren't exactly the relaxing type.

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 09:35:57 AM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
I'll I want to know is what John is doing through all of this.

I'd say he's relaxing with blue team...but they aren't exactly the relaxing type.

Playing Halo.*Inception Horn*

I dunno but he took off his armour at the end so he presumably want to relax for a bit and not feel like a machine.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Probably just went into cryo or something till humanity is threatened :P
Signature.

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 02:59:50 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Hopefully I fixed my connection for tonight... How hard was the Chapter 4 achievement?