Author Topic: Good Matches  (Read 1943 times)

Good Matches
« on: December 15, 2012, 10:41:07 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
Score: 515
Kills: 39
Assists: 0
Deaths: 1
Avg Life: 4:40
Spree: 26
Medals: 57

Exile. Got the scorp. Killed 27 people with it before the enemy team wised up and bum rushed me, because my team (only one of which had a positive KD...) didn't think the kill-monster tank was worth defending. Respawned, just as the banshee spawned right next to me. Spent the rest of the game obliterating people from low orbit. Thought I wouldn't get the *I Predict a Riot* challenge, then got 6 spree medals in one match (UNTOUCHABLE!).

Re: Good Matches
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Score: 515
Kills: 39
Assists: 0
Deaths: 1
Avg Life: 4:40
Spree: 26
Medals: 57

Exile. Got the scorp. Killed 27 people with it before the enemy team wised up and bum rushed me, because my team (only one of which had a positive KD...) didn't think the kill-monster tank was worth defending. Respawned, just as the banshee spawned right next to me. Spent the rest of the game obliterating people from low orbit. Thought I wouldn't get the *I Predict a Riot* challenge, then got 6 spree medals in one match (UNTOUCHABLE!).

I thought of you the other night when there was an impromptu HBO holiday group-up (red and green armor for everyone!) Nart sat back with Ammo mod and camo and obliterated us every single game. We just stopped calling out that he had binary or sniper rifles because invariably he would if he killed us.

On the plus side, playing with competent and communicative players means vehicles really aren't that great a threat.

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 04:26:55 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
They are if I'm in them lol. I wasn't even using my wheelman loadout. The enemy were just as bad as my team though.

Also I hate the stupid cloak and snipe nonsense. I had a game where 3 guys on my team sat in some rocks with dmr's cloaked AT THE SPAWN on longbow. Seriously.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 06:09:26 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
They are if I'm in them lol. I wasn't even using my wheelman loadout. The enemy were just as bad as my team though.

Also I hate the stupid cloak and snipe nonsense. I had a game where 3 guys on my team sat in some rocks with dmr's cloaked AT THE SPAWN on longbow. Seriously.

The more I've played Longbow, the less i like it in that it seems to dissolve into a "everyone attack B!" I dunno if this is Dominion training crossing over into BTB, but it just becomes a rush for there and then you get entrenched sniper and ordnance fund kids up there :)

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 11:57:02 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...

The more I've played Longbow, the less i like it in that it seems to dissolve into a "everyone attack B!" I dunno if this is Dominion training crossing over into BTB, but it just becomes a rush for there and then you get entrenched sniper and ordnance fund kids up there :)
This is where everybody fails at Dominion though; If everyone is rushing B, which base is left completely unguarded? Derp... I can't tell you how many times I've been able to snatch A or C while nobody is guarding them.
The strategy is to try and take A or C, then once you take that; move in to B, cause a bunch of them will break off from B's defense when you take their other base, leaving Bravo with a weak defense. Works like 90% of the time if you are losing.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 11:57:38 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 12:00:51 PM »

craZboy557

• Rookie
  • Being invisible, failing at sniping.
I will admit that much of my frustration in the gametype comes from failure to mount offensives on anything other than B, but c'mon. It has a damn banshee. Air vehicles are indcredily useful.
Unbelievably bitchin' Lego dropships don't just build themselves.

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 01:10:19 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I will admit that much of my frustration in the gametype comes from failure to mount offensives on anything other than B, but c'mon. It has a damn banshee. Air vehicles are indcredily useful.

343i must have built in a trigger for the Banshee that if I get in it, it instantly loses all effectiveness. Could never pull off the streaks other people can with it.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 05:08:24 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero

343i must have built in a trigger for the Banshee that if I get in it, it instantly loses all effectiveness. Could never pull off the streaks other people can with it.

Keep up high and know how your FRs are gonna arc and snipe with it. Anything else is suicide thanks to plasma pistols and splasers