Author Topic: Bioshock  (Read 8641 times)

Re: Bioshock
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2014, 02:43:17 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
effectively causing all the multiverses *from that point* to cease to exist. So no Comstock, no floating city, no Elizabeth.
With the exception of all the multiverses that existed where she didn't drown him... Right?

TIME?!?!?!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!?!?!?!!
Signature.

Re: Bioshock
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2014, 03:06:45 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
effectively causing all the multiverses *from that point* to cease to exist. So no Comstock, no floating city, no Elizabeth.
With the exception of all the multiverses that existed where she didn't drown him... Right?

TIME?!?!?!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!?!?!?!!

I think the idea is that you *can* in fact nullify portions of the multiverse; not saying that it necessarily is the right interpretation of the many worlds theory, but it's the only way for the ending of Infinite to have some resolution.

(But again, depending on multiverses for your ending might be a cheat that leads down to this nonsense.)

Regardless, what sold me was the characters. In Burial at Sea, the characters weren't acting like how we knew them--and as a bonus they caved to pressure from a bunch of frankly ignorant individuals and retconned Daisy's character. Yuck.