Author Topic: Forge Island  (Read 1431 times)

Forge Island
« on: March 23, 2013, 11:37:43 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Soooo.... New free Forge map anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZBpJtUzY7o&list=UUwMAJtC80nEI9hrxG8eUUUw&index=1

What are ya'lls thoughts on this decision?
Signature.

Re: Forge Island
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 03:44:50 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
I'm surprised they didn't have an area like this in the Forge map offerings they initially released. I thought their "Baby's first Forge map", "Intermediate" and "Advanced" setups made sense... but Impact's actual flat space was so small it weakened its use for pros. This seems much more up people's ally and basically addresses one of the biggest issues people had with Forge (followed by texture/palette swaps, which I assume is impossible on the current gen, and hills, I guess.)

I'm glad it's free, because otherwise it would have been essentially useless except for customs.... Tempest was a pretty good Forge map from what I recall, but it's not like you could make maps on it that could appear in matchmaking.

I wonder if they're going to force people to download it like a TU though.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:39:28 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
IS this actually up yet? I booted my xbox to check it out, and the main feature on the home screen is a gods damned picture of Edward and Bella looking hungry and wooden respectively, captioned 'Forever is only the beginning'.

Ugh.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 01:37:25 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
April 11
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 03:33:01 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Apparently it's out early. And it has trees. Hype.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 11:22:55 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
I made a tower of 40 trees, then put a platform with a camping stool and sniper rifle on top. I don't see what else there is to do really. It's the pinnacle of Forging. Everyone else should just stop forging. If they don't, then I shall snipe them from my heavenly position in the clouds.

But seriously though, it's very, very cool. A few nice surprises in the inventory too. I may have slightly freaked out when I saw that there was trees.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 06:05:13 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Honestly, trees might be the single thing that gets me back into forging if I can ever find the time for it. With that in the inventory, I can literally make every map I've been dreaming of making since Halo 2.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 11:54:19 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Honestly, trees might be the single thing that gets me back into forging if I can ever find the time for it. With that in the inventory, I can literally make every map I've been dreaming of making since Halo 2.

My biggest disappointment with Forge World is that they put kill boundaries in the forested areas on top of the canyons. Yay trees and rocks! The green screen item is also a huge win for machinina makers.

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 02:14:04 PM »

craZboy557

• Rookie
  • Being invisible, failing at sniping.
I've been hating 343 for a while now, but with some of these new TUs, and now an amazing forge map.... I'm really starting to like this.
Unbelievably bitchin' Lego dropships don't just build themselves.