Author Topic: Halo: Xbox one. first details  (Read 11604 times)

Halo: Xbox one. first details
« on: August 30, 2013, 02:09:40 AM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
http://m.microsoftstore.com/msusa/Catalog/Product/286029500

"In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One."

While I would hope it's referring to the flood, unfortunately it could also refer to Didact trying to make more prometheans.

"Sentient life" has always been a flood thing, so I'mma go with that.

The galaxy vs the flood with didact/jul as a cerberus like third party.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 02:30:03 AM by Wazooty »

Re: Halo: Xbox one. first details
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 03:07:38 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Right as we were recording a podcast complaining that we had nothing to go on for Halo 5 :P

Hard to really say whether this is info that provides useful clues or the usual garbage from PR departments that might not actually relate to the story. "Mysterious data chip" grabs me, though--if it's not Cortana, is it the half of the Janus Key? Some information he grabs before going rogue?

Also, in regard to your dismay at the Didact, considering it's no longer a trilogy, I'd find it interesting if the Didact was in the background as a menace for a game or two before you had to confront him again. Would be a type of villain we've never had in a Halo game.

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 05:12:11 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
I don't think it would be the janus key; its way to much of a jump for him to have obtained it, it has to be the Cortana chip from the trailer. The "mysterious" part probably comes in because I wouldn't be suprised if a large majority of the fans probably wouldn't recognize AI chip and connect it back with cortana.

Oh I hope that they are talking about the flood! There isn't enough trochaic heptameter in my life.

From what we've seen from 343 so far, honestly, I can't see them actually putting the Didact on the back burner without totally forgetting him. I mean, Halo 4 didn't exactly set up a ton of ongoing plot threads... Or Any ongoing plot threads or hints to the next game really...
Signature.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 09:09:25 AM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
If it is referring to the Flood, then it seems pretty exaggerated. The Milky Way doesn't seem to be that infected with Flood at the time of Halo 4. Unless it's set in a different Galaxy. One that is mostly full of flood-infested wastelands. That would be awesome... so awesome that it just won't happen. But still, more Gravemind is always welcome in any case. Maybe some of those images in the Halo Legends episode can still happen, as crazy as they were.

It could also be some sort of Forerunner enemy that is hunting all sentient life. So they can create more Promethean type soldiers. Seeing Covenant species as Prometheans would be pretty awesome, though I guess most would look the same as the ones of Requiem weren't really human shaped.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 02:01:31 PM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
I doubt it takes place right after halo 4.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 03:16:46 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Maybe some of those images in the Halo Legends episode can still happen, as crazy as they were.

I'm not the only one. :)

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 09:54:54 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Maybe some of those images in the Halo Legends episode can still happen, as crazy as they were.

I'm not the only one. :)

Shush!

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 07:14:26 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
So opperating on the assumption that everything in Origins (Linky) will come true; Cause so far it all has, and we have no reason to doubt it; Can I hear some wild speculation on what the ark does at the end there; where it glows bright red and seems to shoot something? : P That really makes me a whole lot more intrigued with the upcoming story now..

EDIT: I'm surprised I have never heard anyone mention this before; but I was watching that clip again, and that Gravemind that gives MC Cortana is on the Ark...
So I feel like its pretty dang possible that the gravemind was able to sneak to some part of the ark that was protected from the halo's firing before it went off... Or like, get rebuilt there from some other flood-y bits that did make it.

I feel like all the evidence is kind of agreeing here; (legends prophesies put chief on the ark; the ark is the most plausable location for the teaser to have taken place) ...Most interesting.... I wonder what he's been up to all this time... Probably trying to figure out how to make it shoot the giant red laser or something...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:51:57 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 12:20:18 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
From what I remember the shot of Chief and the Gravemind looked like it was set on the Guardian multiplayer map. I'm not sure if that was ever said to be on the Ark though. The cut jungle mission may have been set on the Ark though, in which case the map probably is too.

I don't believe that Origins is a real hint at the future of the series to be honest. I feel like the studio who did it just had a bit of creative freedom like the other episodes. That said, stuff like the Asian runes in the babysitter episode ended up being a hint at the Forerunner trilogy, so it's not impossible. I might listen to the commentary again to see if anything was said during the final few scenes of Origins.

"Long plans, indeed."... maybe.

Wait I just remembered Johnson is in that crazy scene where everyone is working together. JOHNSON CONFIRMED FOR HALO 5.
"Life is trial Riser."

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 10:15:19 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Well, I would remind you that Origins seems to be more likely to be canon than the rest too, considering that it already predicted that 343GS would come back, also, now we have a reason for the gravemind to have cortana's chip.

Also as to "it was never said to be in the ark". You're probably right, but things don't need to be explicitly stated to be true. Directly before the shot where the Gravemind gives cortana to MC, there is an establishing shot of a ruined old forerunner temple; and in the background you can faintly see one of the petals of the ark in the background. The shot then shows that there is flood inside of said temple, before cutting to the cheif walking through a door to the gravemind scene.

Also, as to your Johnson comment, he isn't in "that crazy scene where everyone is working together". I'm gonna take a guess that you were just making a slightly racist comment, since there is a soldier that is probably a minority wearing a similar hat as johnson at 8:45 in Origins II, but its clearly not Johnson.
Signature.

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 10:30:56 PM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
I'm going to say that origins was indeed a stylized version of what has already happened, and that was indeed johnson, the artist just didn't want to put a mustache on him, as the entire thing is a stylized retelling. 

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:31:55 PM by Wazooty »

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 03:35:46 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
I don't think its logical to assume that all minority officers must be Johnson. Especially since the depiction has nothing in common with johnson except a hat (which loads of marine officer NPCs have worn throughout Halo) And Especially since none of the other major characters shown (hood, Chief, Arby, miranda keyes, cortana, truth) were at all stylized beyond super obvious recognition.

It doesn't even matter though; even if it was a styalized retelling, the other stuff with Guilty Spark wasn't; cause the ark was already destroyed in that shot. so the gravemind giving you back Cortana probably wasn't a retelling either; since finding Cortana Hidden from the gravemind in a crashed Covenant city shares VERY LITTLE in common with the gravemind giving you back Cortana inside a Forerunner structure.

But yeah; lets just wave away the video explaining a Very likely potential future plot that the developers have given us; even though everything else in the video up until this part is totally accurate and canon and not really that stylized; and all even though all the evidence has supports the story, and all the new evidence actually gives a scenario where everything in the video to happen.
But yeah; you know; its probably just a stylized retelling where 75% of the way through the video they decide to stop following the story and suddenly for no reason change ALL OF THE FREAKING DETAILS.
Thats logical.

Not saying its a for sure thing though; just that its flippin plauzable to say the least.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 03:37:25 AM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 09:07:34 AM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
Also, as to your Johnson comment, he isn't in "that crazy scene where everyone is working together". I'm gonna take a guess that you were just making a slightly racist comment, since there is a soldier that is probably a minority wearing a similar hat as johnson at 8:45 in Origins II, but its clearly not Johnson.

I haven't seen Legends in like a year, but I'm sure Johnson was in Origins at some point. I looked up the image on Halopedia and it looks exactly like him. Don't throw the race card around dude. There's barely any African Americans in the entire series, so it's perfectly reasonable to think that guy was Johnson, which he totally is.
"Life is trial Riser."

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 10:56:27 AM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
Just the fan edits I make up in my head seems a lot more awesome than what actually happened, and origins goes along the same vein.  I find it hard to believe that when origins came out, whichever director did it knew about the future of the series that far ahead.  I find it much more likely that he could headcanon it to be cooler than it ended up being, given how easy it is for any random fan to.

But you know, I'm sure he knew about the far future of the series.  That's logical.

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 04:32:04 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
It probably goes without saying that I'm with Tar on this one.