Author Topic: Halo: Xbox one. first details  (Read 12279 times)

Re: Halo: Xbox one. first details
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 05:39:22 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Just the fan edits I make up in my head seems a lot more awesome than what actually happened, and origins goes along the same vein.  I find it hard to believe that when origins came out, whichever director did it knew about the future of the series that far ahead.  I find it much more likely that he could headcanon it to be cooler than it ended up being, given how easy it is for any random fan to.

But you know, I'm sure he knew about the far future of the series.  That's logical.

Frankie was responsible for a great deal of Legends; he estimated that roughly 50% of his dialogue remained in the final versions (I'll be charitable and ascribe to him the *good* 50% of the scripts.)

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 07:41:30 PM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
Wasn't frankie also the one who said it shouldn't be taken too literally and to just view it as a general retelling of events, made to get a point across?

Not that I'd be mad if scenes like that actually happen in the future, but...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:42:14 PM by Wazooty »

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 09:42:49 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 11:25:46 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Halo-5-Story-Details-Aren-t-True-Microsoft-Says-58737.html

Ha! I knew the info from the op was fabricated but I didn't want to be a party-pooping-nay-sayer at the time and ruin everyones fun  :P

A "mysterious" chip? We all know what it is or meant to symbolize and it's obviously man made so how is it mysterious?
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2013, 01:00:51 AM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
Stinkles busted it a few days ago, but there's absolutely nothing to talk about otherwise, so....

I'm bored.

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 05:06:45 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Halo-5-Story-Details-Aren-t-True-Microsoft-Says-58737.html
Curses!
I still hope the flood is in it though...  :-\ I'm still gonna hold out with my theory until the next tidbits of info arrive.

Quote from: Waz
Wasn't frankie also the one who said it shouldn't be taken too literally and to just view it as a general retelling of events, made to get a point across?
Yeah, I believe he said something to the effect of "this is a rampant cortana telling the story, so she may be distorting it". Which is a good point, but it could also be just a re-direction to stop people from investigating too much into what is shown.

I haven't seen Legends in like a year, but I'm sure Johnson was in Origins at some point. I looked up the image on Halopedia and it looks exactly like him. Don't throw the race card around dude. There's barely any African Americans in the entire series, so it's perfectly reasonable to think that guy was Johnson, which he totally is.

He does appear in a way earlier scene though, during the middle of the human-covenant war scene; thats prolly where the confusion came in.
Also, Dude, I'm freaking linking you to the video and giving you a time stamp; why are you looking things up on Halopedia?

Also; I totally agree Waz; I'm a little bored now :P  Now we'll just have to wait till some group comes out with a podcast about stuff........ Which is now still up to date since this news is disproves.
Signature.

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 05:52:10 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
I really hate it when news is disproves.

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 12:44:40 AM »

craZboy557

• Rookie
  • Being invisible, failing at sniping.
So, how about dem wishlists?
Unbelievably bitchin' Lego dropships don't just build themselves.

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 06:25:08 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
I wish that Microsoft would give game developers some API for the music player so that games like GTA can integrate stored music into gameplay via in game radio.

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 10:14:06 AM »

craZboy557

• Rookie
  • Being invisible, failing at sniping.
I was actually thinking Halo wise, but that does sound cool.
Unbelievably bitchin' Lego dropships don't just build themselves.

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 01:10:34 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
They could do it in Halo too--you catch snippets of your playlists whenever you pass Covie comm towers :)

My list is mostly that they offer a more polished experience from the get-go--you just can't afford to not have your features ready for launch. Some things like TUs are necessarily going to be later, but feature support should always come first.

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2013, 02:08:43 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
How about a smooth transition between software? Like making switching between Halo and Waypoint something I actually want to do.

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2013, 03:05:18 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
How about a smooth transition between software? Like making switching between Halo and Waypoint something I actually want to do.

http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/a-halo-far-far-a-waypoint/

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 06:12:28 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
No random unecessary kill boxes and invisible walls; biggerish levels that I can walk around and explore things in...

Hidden stuff that isn't "terminals" or other obvious stuff thats actually really hard to find/get to. (like the skulls and stuff.)

The flood.
Signature.

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 06:19:26 PM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
Games that aren't at least semi open world kinda feel outdated these days, but halo is really the only non open world game I've played in years...so...