Author Topic: Halo: Xbox one. first details  (Read 11603 times)

Re: Halo: Xbox one. first details
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2015, 01:01:12 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Quote from: Davey Jones
Really everything about the campaign we've heard so far is stuff that sounds really interesting, engaging, and going above and beyond what previous Halo campaigns have provided.

Yeah, I totally agree. But I'm hesitant to say it cause Its been a while since I have been Not dissapointed and let down by a major AAA release... Sooo...

But this Hunt the Truth thing, Dang, now that I'm listening further, its probably the most important (and best written and produced) "bridge" between 4 and 5 that we've gotten so far, IMO it might be the best non-book piece of fiction we've gotten between games ever. Which is pretty exciting. You gotta love anything that gives us a Non-military perspective too
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:03:58 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2015, 10:58:09 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Oh, hello there. Didn't notice you were there.  :)

It does feel good to be back into the Halo universe. I absolutely love Hunt the Truth. Keegan Micheal Key is KILLING it in the narative delivery and voice acting department, and it's nice to see him in a serious role. I've only ever seen him in comedy movies or his sketch comedy series on Comedy Central.

As for the Game Informer article, so much fan service, and I love it. To an extent...

The one thing that worries me about having Blue Team not only be in the game, but as actual playable characters or AI squad mates, is making me care about them as characters like the books have done. Also, we all know how amazingly wonderful the friendly AIs have been in previous Halo titles. It's one thing for a random marine to throw a grenade into the wall and have it bounce back and detonate on their thick skulls, but I can't imagine seeing Fred, Linda, or Kelly doing the same. It is a game after all though I suppose, just kind of breaks that immersion for us lore fans.

It's also worth noting that Cortana is "back". I  agree with Halo Cannon's theory that since she mentions the Domain is now open, Chief's mind is projecting her image and voice to convey the information he is (seemingly unknowingly?) requesting of it. We all knew she would be back in some form or fashion though, right?

So much new info to digest and we haven't even seen what will be shown at E3 yet, but I imagine it will be the same level the Game Informer employees got to see. Looks like we may need to start a new post-E3 thread.

I will be picking up Hunters in the Dark when it comes out this week.

Once again, it does feel good to be a Halo fan. However, 343 has a lot to make up for, at least in terms of the games department.

Should we expect to see some more content from the Triumvirate soon? ;) 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:59:02 PM by Sixftunder »
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2015, 03:03:27 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Oh, hello there. Didn't notice you were there.  :)

It does feel good to be back into the Halo universe. I absolutely love Hunt the Truth. Keegan Micheal Key is KILLING it in the narative delivery and voice acting department, and it's nice to see him in a serious role. I've only ever seen him in comedy movies or his sketch comedy series on Comedy Central.

As for the Game Informer article, so much fan service, and I love it. To an extent...

The one thing that worries me about having Blue Team not only be in the game, but as actual playable characters or AI squad mates, is making me care about them as characters like the books have done. Also, we all know how amazingly wonderful the friendly AIs have been in previous Halo titles. It's one thing for a random marine to throw a grenade into the wall and have it bounce back and detonate on their thick skulls, but I can't imagine seeing Fred, Linda, or Kelly doing the same. It is a game after all though I suppose, just kind of breaks that immersion for us lore fans.

It's also worth noting that Cortana is "back". I  agree with Halo Cannon's theory that since she mentions the Domain is now open, Chief's mind is projecting her image and voice to convey the information he is (seemingly unknowingly?) requesting of it. We all knew she would be back in some form or fashion though, right?

So much new info to digest and we haven't even seen what will be shown at E3 yet, but I imagine it will be the same level the Game Informer employees got to see. Looks like we may need to start a new post-E3 thread.

I will be picking up Hunters in the Dark when it comes out this week.

Once again, it does feel good to be a Halo fan. However, 343 has a lot to make up for, at least in terms of the games department.

I think playing four-man co-op is going to be the way to do it, honestly, but really I think they just need to make Blue Team/Osiris *effective*. Sure, throw a whole bunch of enemies against me, I guess, but don't make it seem like they're just there to be distractions or bullet sponges (hey! Armor lock all day!)

Either way, I wanna be Fred and Buck all day every day :)

« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2015, 04:40:29 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Quote from: six
From the description of the next Novella, Saint's Testimony:
"The military-grade artificial intelligence known as Iona has only one week to live. After that, the UNSC will legally terminate her seven-year existence in order to stave off the threat of the data corruption phenomenon known as “rampancy,” a condition that will eventually take hold of her functionality and persona, endangering all those around her. In a last-ditch effort to save herself, Iona has successfully launched an unprecedented legal appeal against her own death sentence – a case being watched very closely at not only the highest levels of human government, but by others with a very different agenda….[4]"

Quote from: six again

You know, I totally agree, and this is actually a really interesting game design issue. I think really the only solution besides scripting everything they do, is to essentially design the game for 4 player co-op. I think part of the reason the Halo friendly AI has traditionally been bad isn't cause they are unable to make good AI, rather, if they make the AI too good then it would take a ton away from the fun of the main character cause the marines would do everything for him, and then if they amped up the difficulty to where the marines were really good but there was, say, a bunch more baddies; then if the marines die its Impossible. Whereas with you can just make it so Blue Team just don't die basically, but then you run into an issue where if the Spartans are really good AND can't die, then even if you ramp up the enemy encounters to compensate, you could just wait it all out and let your friendlies just kill everyone. Idk, its a really tough game design problem that I haven't thought of before. But judging from the description from the GI article it seems like they are going the right path with the whole revive mechanic and stuff. I think that they will be able to pull it off.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:48:43 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2015, 11:06:00 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Quote from: six
From the description of the next Novella, Saint's Testimony:
"The military-grade artificial intelligence known as Iona has only one week to live. After that, the UNSC will legally terminate her seven-year existence in order to stave off the threat of the data corruption phenomenon known as “rampancy,” a condition that will eventually take hold of her functionality and persona, endangering all those around her. In a last-ditch effort to save herself, Iona has successfully launched an unprecedented legal appeal against her own death sentence – a case being watched very closely at not only the highest levels of human government, but by others with a very different agenda….[4]"

I was referring to the FUD staff but that works too :)
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2015, 03:18:24 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
I had another comment here. But then I realized I was wrong. But I couldnt quite figure out how to delete my comment.  :P
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:20:45 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2015, 12:05:30 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
I could remove it. But I'd rather it be a monument... *puts on glasses* to your sins.