Author Topic: Halo: Nightfall  (Read 5995 times)

Halo: Nightfall
« on: April 04, 2014, 05:32:04 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:49:11 PM by DangerousDave »
Praise Bird Jesus!

Re: Halo by Ridley Scott
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 02:02:26 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
woah.

You know, its sweet news and all, but I'd like for them to actually cash in on one of the many projects that are "in the works" (ie; halo 2 anniversery, halo Xbox one, halo with spielberg, etc) before I go get excited about something new.
Its just kind of annoying to have them keep announcing or leaking these big deal projects but we haven't seen even the slightest peep out of them.
Signature.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 02:55:40 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
woah.

You know, its sweet news and all, but I'd like for them to actually cash in on one of the many projects that are "in the works" (ie; halo 2 anniversery, halo Xbox one, halo with spielberg, etc) before I go get excited about something new.
Its just kind of annoying to have them keep announcing or leaking these big deal projects but we haven't seen even the slightest peep out of them.

Games take time to develop, television and film deals take forever to hash out. Such is the nature of business.

That said, I'm hopeful they will at least provide some updates come E3.

As with the Spielberg project, however, I'm curious what having Scott as E.P. actually means, besides him putting a stake into it. Is he going to be hands-on?

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 06:29:46 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
I look forward to Prometheus levels of science in future Halo installments.

Like biologists thinking its a good idea to take off their helmet to get a better look at Flood infection forms.

But srsly, I'll be interested when they announce directors and writers.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 07:24:09 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I look forward to Prometheus levels of science in future Halo installments.

Like biologists thinking its a good idea to take off their helmet to get a better look at Flood infection forms.

But srsly, I'll be interested when they announce directors and writers.

Look on the bright side! I'd say that Prometheus' visual design would match well with Halo stuff. :)

(And yes we've never gotten as goofy as Prometheus in regards to characters running away from a rolling ship so there's that.)

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 05:21:14 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
I remember watching it at the cinema. The movie finished and I was like 'that was pretty cool but.. why did he... and why did she... why did they... WTF was everyone in this movie thinking!?!?!'

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 12:59:07 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I guess semi-related in order to not necro-bump another thread, I didn't realize but apparently the Halo Spielberg project has been delayed longer than I thought--according to Deadline, it's still in the deal-making phase, which is pretty disappointing.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/xbox-entertainment-studios-partners-with-channel-4-for-drama-series-humans/

They do reasonably point to the fact that it's being used as the template for the other content, though, which makes sense. As it is, I know that the Xbox One's appeal as a media box is hampered outside the US due to the onerouslicensing restrictions on content, so it makes sense Microsoft is following Netflix's route of adding value and bypassing the traditional sucky media channels.

Now I'm wondering if Halo is going to be leapfrogged by other original content just because the other stuff might be easier to get out the door.

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 04:06:11 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Imma consider it vaporware until we actually see something.

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 09:40:25 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Imma consider it vaporware until we actually see something.

AND LO did the gods shine upon Capac, and it was good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw2oqtZoc8s

Key points from http://www.gamespot.com/articles/comic-con-2014-halo-nightfall-directly-leads-into-/1100-6421287/

*Locke is voiced by Colter in Halo 5 as well, and he's a playable character.

*Set on a colony world; piece of Installation 04 crashes on it.

*It's gotta' be the Flood, right?

And the summary from Xbox: http://news.xbox.com/2014/07/ent-halo-nightfall-sdcc-announcement?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Taking place between the events of Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians, Halo: Nightfall follows the origin story of legendary manhunter Jameson Locke (Mike Colter) and his team as they are caught in a horrific terrorist attack while investigating terrorist activity on the distant colony world of Sedra. Led by Locke, the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) agents are forced to coordinate with a Sedran commander with a remarkable history and deep-rooted mistrust of ONI. As the plot unravels, they’re drawn to an ancient, hellish artifact where they’re forced to fight for their survival, question everything, and ultimately choose between their loyalties and their lives. Agent Locke is a new character in the Halo universe poised to play a major role in Halo 5: Guardians releasing on Xbox One in 2015.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:42:45 PM by DangerousDave »

Re: Halo, Colonial Marines
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 10:57:33 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
*Looks really good.

*I'm liking that they are going to be delving into the insurrectionist conflict a bit more.

*Debris falling on the world?!?!?! WTF??!!??!!? So is this a new colony or an old one; cause if its old, then why hadn't they discovered Halo before? Where did this colony magically appear from?!?
Also; its probably set on Basis unless they just completely make up a new planet in the system.

*I can see them making it some varient or mutation of the flood dust from the original flood, but thats kinda crazy that it still exists;
the whole "kills humans exclusively" would be because --presumably-- the only sentient beings on this human colony world are humans; everything else just kinda gets passed over.
Otherwise its a forerunner thing designed during the human-forerrunner war or something dumb.

*Looks really good.

*Looks a lot like prometheus though tbh. ITs pretty obvious ridley had a hand in this.
Signature.

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 01:15:18 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I've been thinking about that, too. This takes place post Halo 4, so let's be conservative and say 7 years since CE. That's just not enough time for that chunk of Halo to go anywhere except maybe outside its own solar system.

Re: Halo, Colonial Marines
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 04:06:51 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
*Debris falling on the world?!?!?! WTF??!!??!!? So is this a new colony or an old one; cause if its old, then why hadn't they discovered Halo before? Where did this colony magically appear from?!?
Also; its probably set on Basis unless they just completely make up a new planet in the system.

Wouldn't falling debris from a destroyed Halo installation, especially pieces as large those seen from the end of Halo CE/beginning of Halo 2/as seen in the key art for Halo: Nightfall completely wipe out a planet?

What would be more interesting is if these were pieces from an installation from on of the original (12?) installations.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 04:20:31 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Wouldn't falling debris from a destroyed Halo installation, especially pieces as large those seen from the end of Halo CE/beginning of Halo 2/as seen in the key art for Halo: Nightfall completely wipe out a planet?

Not if the plot mandated it not to.

What would be more interesting is if these were pieces from an installation from on of the original (12?) installations.

Was about to say no; that it specifically says 04.
BUT IT DOESNT! it says "the original halo", while this is probably referring to Alpha halo; there is the definite possibility that they are using deliberately misleading terminology to refer to installation 07 (07 being the only surviving original halo ring)

This just goes to prove, that I can work installation 07 into anything; also remember the thick cloud cover from the original picture!!! Hey Hey!!! Confirmed!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:27:13 AM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 12:50:49 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Frankie posted a partial explanation to the question on GAF:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122692765&postcount=6191

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 02:31:59 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Is he saying that the pillar of autumn's slipspace drive did it? Or is he saying that the halo's slipspace drive did it?
Signature.