Author Topic: Halo: Nightfall  (Read 5666 times)

Re: Halo: Nightfall
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 03:43:45 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Yeah, and thats what I was remembering; perhaps this new thing is a failed attempt before the Lekgolo, or an advanced and higher evolution of one; like a stage halfway between Lekgolo and flood.

Perhaps they were the forerunner's attempts to create something similar to the flood/precursors
Signature.

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2014, 12:18:55 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
I dunno; while that'd be interesting... seems a bit of a complicated wrinkle to add.

Full trailer is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe5iGKfl_ws

Not too much new footage but lays things out a bit better.

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 02:04:44 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
I'm getting kind of thrown off by all the religious talk. I know Halo definitely has its religious undertones... but it was never anything overt like this. I'm afraid Scott's going to put too much Christianity into it. It'll end with Locke radioing out to the UNSC "This is the sole survivor of the final Halo fragment, in the year of our Lord 2558."

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 02:57:05 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I'm getting kind of thrown off by all the religious talk. I know Halo definitely has its religious undertones... but it was never anything overt like this. I'm afraid Scott's going to put too much Christianity into it. It'll end with Locke radioing out to the UNSC "This is the sole survivor of the final Halo fragment, in the year of our Lord 2558."

Wait, what religion?

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 12:19:12 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Wait, what religion?

"They say it's sourced from a place nobody will go. They say it's sourced from hell."
"Ready to go to hell Colonel?"
"Covenant's found the Holy Grail then haven't they?"
"You take life where only God can give it."
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:09:48 PM by Postmortem »

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2014, 03:45:54 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Too bad their won't be any demons in this hell....unless you count that one guy that had an accident running with scissors shown in the trailer
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2014, 04:07:57 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
"Its time to take the war to them" What, just now? Well, I guess they are vulnerable thanks to their civilisation collapsing and ONI destabilizing their governments.

They got their hands on something that exclusively kills humans? What, like those biological weapons ONI have been working on to kill aliens?

Maybe it will have this guy legit contrasting his personal beliefs with the general UNSC attitude and the beliefs of the Covenant? Not holding my breath lol

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2014, 11:53:21 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I feel like the UNSC would have you on a possible Innie terrorist watch list if you lived then Capac :)

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2014, 05:32:33 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
I feel like the UNSC would have you on a possible Innie terrorist watch list if you lived then Capac :)

Sounds reasonable. At this point thats the side I'd be on.

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2014, 02:15:14 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Well, honestly I don't see them focusing much more on it than they did in Forward Unto Dawn, just the consequences will be a little less abstract there. The more interesting question is what arc they're going to give Locke; is this supposed to break him out of the spook mold by the end?

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2014, 09:54:09 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Well, honestly I don't see them focusing much more on it than they did in Forward Unto Dawn, just the consequences will be a little less abstract there. The more interesting question is what arc they're going to give Locke; is this supposed to break him out of the spook mold by the end?

That's probably about right; they'll introduce him as being a dogmatic ONI spook, and by the end of the series he will be a little bit uneasy about his loyalties; albeit, still 100% true blue UNSC. Setting him up for a more interesting character conflict in Halo 5.

Anyone else a little bit annoyed by how they refer to ONI as plural?
like:
"ONI work better alone" meaning that each one of the agents is individually an Office of Naval Intelligence...
As opposed to saying "ONI works better alone" which makes more sense.

Maybe he's drawing an analogy to the japanese demon things... Still a weird line though.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:55:22 PM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2014, 10:35:31 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

That's probably about right; they'll introduce him as being a dogmatic ONI spook, and by the end of the series he will be a little bit uneasy about his loyalties; albeit, still 100% true blue UNSC. Setting him up for a more interesting character conflict in Halo 5.

Anyone else a little bit annoyed by how they refer to ONI as plural?
like:
"ONI work better alone" meaning that each one of the agents is individually an Office of Naval Intelligence...
As opposed to saying "ONI works better alone" which makes more sense.

Maybe he's drawing an analogy to the japanese demon things... Still a weird line though.

It's a preference of style; you can refer to organizations as singular or plural, although most style guides mandate using a consistent style, and in practice I think most people use singular. I think I tend to refer to the Covenant as plural often, though, given its inherent makeup.

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2014, 05:31:51 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Welp, interrestingly enough, one of the new skulls released for H2A is:

Swarm

Let go my golo! Hunters are even more robust and deal extra damage with attacks. Unlocked after you watch all five episodes of Halo: Nightfall on the Halo Channel and complete the associated challenges.

which says to me, that that hunters have some significance to the series; ergo, mystery creature things are probably Leckgolo of some form
Signature.

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2014, 01:08:31 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Welp, interrestingly enough, one of the new skulls released for H2A is:

Swarm

Let go my golo! Hunters are even more robust and deal extra damage with attacks. Unlocked after you watch all five episodes of Halo: Nightfall on the Halo Channel and complete the associated challenges.

which says to me, that that hunters have some significance to the series; ergo, mystery creature things are probably Leckgolo of some form

Huh, nice catch. Think you must be right.

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2014, 06:39:32 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
First ep is on the Halo Channel (which is pretty nice, yay.)

The Elite definitely is the rough CG here, but considering the hyperbole we got from the Verge it's a solid start. Randall's VO kind of feels overwrought given that we don't know jack about him at this point. The CSI-level computer stuff to move the plot is a bit goofy. Supporting characters work well as the requisite spooks. I like the little supplemental materials--the nurses' bit showing how Big Brother ONI works is nice and creepy.

(The alien does actually look like that fish dude from Hellboy combined with the mutated Didact.)