Author Topic: MCC FUD Party  (Read 3983 times)

Re: MCC FUD Party
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 01:54:00 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/27/7077705/xbox-one-price-drop-playstation-four

Good News for me and CAPAC. Assuming its not one of those weird things that doesn't happen in Australia

Funny you should say that. No sign we are getting the reduction here. I have found the cheapest I can get it is $478 with AC: Black Flag, AC Unity and Forza Horizon 2. I could even get 10% off if I buy it this weekend.. but I don't have enough cash to buy it outright until I get paid next week...

Do they have an Australian version of Amazon Warehouse deals? Great listings up here for XB1, basically you're getting used merch with a very generous return policy if it doesn't work.

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 07:21:34 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
I doubt it, but I don't buy used consoles

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 11:01:24 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
So whats the plan for this? Do we want to start playing through at midnight, or are we gonna be sensible adults and wait till evening the next day? Or what...
Signature.

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2014, 01:41:42 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
I dunno, but I'd like to get it sorted so I know when I can sleep lol

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2014, 02:50:47 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
After two weeks of saying backordered, the MCC from Microsoft's store finally shipped… so I guess I've got to buy it digitally now and hope the servers aren't getting slammed when I get home.

I'll be jumping in and playing a little late this evening whenever I get my copy downloaded. Unlike some of you guys I don't get veterans day off :) I'll be on regularly this week though for a few hours every night (can't spend my whole time on it because we do have to keep working on that book we owe you :P)

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2014, 07:23:36 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
I've got tomorrow off and am likely to be powering through most of the campaigns on easy for terminal content unlocks and new cutscenes. I think I'm going to be going it solo until I've beaten the campaign on legendary though. After that, multiplayer with everybody! :) Probably won't be until later in this week though for me, unfortunately.

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 05:51:31 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Got my copy, grunt bday party (stupid preorder bonuses... ugh) and some kind of book of maps of all the multiplayer levels.

Get it home in a few hours and  START INSTALLING YAY

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 06:12:43 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Well MM appears to be borked so campaign it is... :) Went through to Metropolis, now sleep for more play tomorrow.

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 08:31:23 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
OMG...
Put in disc, xbone crashes.
type in codes, it didnt work try agian type in codes 3+ times each.
halo channel derpy blue and yellow loading 'animation'
halo channel is glitchy as hell, starts playing a documentary video I could see or switch off (lucky the app crashed I guess)
cant watch nightfall untill I play MCC wtf what was the damn code for then?

Guess ill watch youtube because microsoft forgot that we give them our money in exchange for ENTERTAINMENT

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 11:33:32 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
finally get in game.. activate the terminal on the bridge of the autumn, get shuffled to halo channel, watch terminal video, return to game and its frozen on the pause screen. the emergency lights are still flashing but the game wont respond to controller input....

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 04:26:34 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
People have been complaining about all manners of issues and glitches, but I haven't found any (except one of the supplemental Nightfall videos was entirely in Italian. Which for a while I thought was part of the style, and was digging.)

Really enjoying the unified control schemes, although while it's going to be incredibly comfortable not worrying about the shoulders for Halo 3, it's really messing me up in Halo 2. I might just use the "Reclaimer" option for Halo 3 and 4 and just stick with the OG defaults for 1 and 2.

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2014, 08:21:03 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
People have been complaining about all manners of issues and glitches, but I haven't found any (except one of the supplemental Nightfall videos was entirely in Italian. Which for a while I thought was part of the style, and was digging.)

Did you end up fixing this? I really want to watch those secondary stories. My Italian is a little rusty.

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

Did you end up fixing this? I really want to watch those secondary stories. My Italian is a little rusty.

I will check tonight. But yeah, even with you complaining about it in Skype it took me probably two minutes to realize it wasn't intentional. :)

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2014, 02:15:50 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
I couldn't even access the 'second stories'. My connection is bad enough that it kept dropping to low res, the Halo Channel keeps randomly hanging, freezing the display but still taking controller input.

On the plus side the game was 97% installed when I woke up this morning so it should be finished when I get home.

It seems like some/many of my problems are because the xbone fails at memory management, and doesn't flush the ram on power down unless you physically cut the power.

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2014, 03:03:34 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Microsoft Won't let me buy it;

"That payment option won't work for this one, try another one"

Even through I just bought live with it no problem
Signature.