Author Topic: MCC FUD Party  (Read 3987 times)

Re: MCC FUD Party
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 03:55:56 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
Microsoft Won't let me buy it;

"That payment option won't work for this one, try another one"

Even through I just bought live with it no problem

... 0.o

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2014, 11:27:21 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
wtf... I saved and quit during the opening cutscene of 343 guilty spark and the game decided I beat the level... 0.O

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2014, 12:01:15 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
wtf... I saved and quit during the opening cutscene of 343 guilty spark and the game decided I beat the level... 0.O

Gotta help people get through those achievements somehow, I guess...

Better than playing through the second half of H2A and not getting any.

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 10:40:12 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site

I've been hearing a lot of this sort of glitch, but only 343GS. *shrug*

Going back through CEA with the instant switch feature is really nice. Much easier to judge what they did well and what they didn't without the fade.

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2014, 12:38:48 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
New HCEA info!

The achieve for the terminal with the alien crash on the Halo is called "Hitchhikers may be escaped convicts".

I think this, and the atmospheric match, lend credence to the idea that it is ancient humans who escaped the war and activation.

Also I could have sworn the scene with GS and the Heretic has been shown elsewhere but I can't for the life of me remember where..

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2014, 03:55:42 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
New HCEA info!

The achieve for the terminal with the alien crash on the Halo is called "Hitchhikers may be escaped convicts".

I think this, and the atmospheric match, lend credence to the idea that it is ancient humans who escaped the war and activation.

Also I could have sworn the scene with GS and the Heretic has been shown elsewhere but I can't for the life of me remember where..
The terminal with GS and Sesa is a spruced-up version of the second half of the hidden eleventh CEA terminal on Waypoint (Sesa is a 3D model, and 343GS has been changed to a Halo 4-styled monitor with the overlapping layers.)

Dunno if the Terminal is just being flippant, or if that actually means something.

On random issues; apparently Halo 3 co-op has some bizarre framerate issues, where things move along at 15-20fps consistently when we played last night. It was actually surprisingly playable, and unintentionally hilarious as the music and audio would finish playing faster, and there would be these awkward looks and pauses between lines, sort of like those vidoes where they take the laugh tracks out of sitcoms. You can see some of the stuttering (along with my sweet super-duper Killtacular) here:

http://gameclipscontent-d3001.xboxlive.com/asset-650a6c97-1a0c-4ded-8bcb-8b089f224daf/GameClip-Original.MP4?sv=2012-02-12&st=2014-11-16T15%3A49%3A06Z&se=2014-11-16T16%3A54%3A06Z&sr=c&sp=r&sig=PVOIHgJsC1%2Fu7ck2enHfhS9Hu8QMIXLX0E38jJfGu3c%3D&__gda__=1416156846_2e3b9aa8d6cad975787640ec22b381d3

Also kind of shows the downside of the medal display, although overall I really like the scoring and time setups across the games. I only wish that you could get both, but with the split interface for tracking I guess it wouldn't work.

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 06:57:23 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
"Hitchhikers may be escaped convicts" is a reference to the maw. Since thats the last (title... I guess?") that appears on screen during that level.

But that alone is an interesting line to have drawn, since that ship and the PoA certainly have some parallels. Who knows how far we can reasonably read into that
Signature.

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2014, 02:12:15 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
If you have the time, going through the HBO story page for the "Hitchhikers May Be Escaped Convicts" line brings up a lot of rampant speculation about how Cortana was going to be the big bad in Halo 2 and that something hitched a ride with her, with her lines to Foe Hammer being part of the issues.

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2014, 01:13:03 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Early indications are the patch has had a pretty positive effect... if any of you guys are around this weekend I'd love to play some coop, we'll see if it's been improved any too :)

(Also playing Halo 3 in slow motion is surprisingly fun.)

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2014, 04:17:41 AM »

Postmortem

• Veteran
Early indications are the patch has had a pretty positive effect... if any of you guys are around this weekend after we put our time in on Community Evolved I'd love to play some coop, we'll see if it's been improved any too :)

(Also playing Halo 3 in slow motion is surprisingly fun.)

Fixed.

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2014, 08:03:42 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Lost all of my save data post patch. Have to restart every campaign. Maybe now the 50+ achievements I have they say Done! Unlocking... Will actually unlock now

Edit: saves randomly reappeared. Most of them...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:53:42 PM by Sixftunder »
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2014, 04:01:18 PM »

Postmortem

• Veteran
Yeah, my saves are all over the place. Playing through CE Legendary, got to Two Betrayals one night, saved and quit and came back to find that my progress had been rushed ahead to Keyes.

Worked my way through a lot of Halo 2, got all the way to Delta Halo (and most of the way through that) before the patch restarted the game, and when I get back on this morning I see my last checkpoint progress is on Cairo Station. I still have the Legendary unlocks (which is nice), but I'll need to play through all of Delta Halo again. :/

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2014, 06:40:32 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Yeah hopefully the glitched achievements fix themselves. I don't really care about the mission issues (now), although when I'm stuck slogging through things LASO I probably will :)

On the plus side I think co-op felt a lot smoother in CEA than it did when we played on 360 between Six and I. Only had one desync message pop up, and unlike previous times, it didn't mean we both got booted and the mission ended.

Random glitch, however--for me at the beginning of T&R I popped out of the Pelican, but I stayed in "cinematic mode" in my view, unable to shoot and move, and only able to look around. According to Six I was running around like a crazy person on his screen though :)

Did give me time to use the insta-switch on the Chief model, and it's interesting--the Chief's helmet is crazy elongated in the original game, and basically every version of Mark V since then has squashed it slightly (including CEA.)