Author Topic: Halo 2 Anniversary Terminals (and some stuff you might not have noticed...)  (Read 5692 times)

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet

What's that Elite on the right holding? Forerunner device? Of what significance?

At first I would've said Janjur Qom, due to the presence of the Keyship. But looking closely, there's definitely Elite figures on the pedestal. Did the Prophets land the Keyship on Sangheilios? Some neutral planet to negotiate the Writ of Union?

Is this just Ranger armor, or something new?

New ship, right? Someone tell me why this design looks so familiar.

My money's on this being the Grunt Rebellion. Those look like grunts to me, and also the Phantom that is shot down in the same shot drops a dead Grunt. Why else would they be shooting their own ships down unless they were commandeered by the rebel Grunts?

The Grunts wrecking some shit on High Charity.

Aaand, this one's super interesting to me too. Three San 'Shyuum underneath the Keyship, looking at... what? Also, notice how they appear more erect, more humanoid in appearance (take a closer look at the silhouettes in the main image with the Keyship above). Definitely starting to get a good glimpse at what those warrior San 'Shyuum looked like in Cryptum. My guess is these terminals will show more of their devolution from that time.

With this, and Broken Circle, it's a good time to be interested in the Covenant's history. :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:21:42 AM by Postmortem »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Hmm, I assumed it was just a Covenant city planetside, but it all taking place on High Charity would make sense. I considered the Grunt Rebellion but given that this ties into Halo 5 it might be post-Schism stuff too.

Covenant vehicle looks sort of like a generic "spiky dart" sci-fi vehicle from the angles we get. Definitely not a style we've seen before.

Postmortem

• Veteran
You can see one of the fins of the Keyship, so it's definitely High Charity.

I'm interested in how the Keyship was able to land so cleanly on another world. They said it tore off a huge chunk of the Prophet's home world when it departed, I imagine that might make it difficult to land...

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
What's that Elite on the right holding? Forerunner device? Of what significance?

Its definately a forerunner device of sorts. And given that the bolts firing at the elites are definately plasma, and look much more "raw forerunner-y", and that the next scene is what seems to be the prophets making peace with the elites; so this is probably a battle between the prophets and the elites.
And given the way he is holding it, I kinda get the impression that its a battle standard of some sort.

At first I would've said Janjur Qom, due to the presence of the Keyship. But looking closely, there's definitely Elite figures on the pedestal. Did the Prophets land the Keyship on Sangheilios? Some neutral planet to negotiate the Writ of Union?
I think its probably Sangheilios; I mean, wasn't the whole war fought on sangheilios?

Is this just Ranger armor, or something new?
The armor itself is definately the armor of the arbiter. I think they just wanted to give him a jetpack for that scene, and thats how they did it.

New ship, right? Someone tell me why this design looks so familiar.
Yeah, looks new to me. Closest thing I could find was one of these:

My money's on this being the Grunt Rebellion. Those look like grunts to me, and also the Phantom that is shot down in the same shot drops a dead Grunt. Why else would they be shooting their own ships down unless they were commandeered by the rebel Grunts?

Given that the terminals are giving the back story of the arbiter (as thel vadamee) think its more likely that these are clips from the great schism.

Aaand, this one's super interesting to me too. Three San 'Shyuum underneath the Keyship, looking at... what? Also, notice how they appear more erect, more humanoid in appearance (take a closer look at the silhouettes in the main image with the Keyship above). Definitely starting to get a good glimpse at what those warrior San 'Shyuum looked like in Cryptum. My guess is these terminals will show more of their devolution from that time.

NICE CATCH!! I didn't see that, but its spot on

With this, and Broken Circle, it's a good time to be interested in the Covenant's history. :)
Broken Circle?

I'm interested in how the Keyship was able to land so cleanly on another world. They said it tore off a huge chunk of the Prophet's home world when it departed, I imagine that might make it difficult to land...
Could have been half buried already on the prophets' homeworld, and they'd never flown it before.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:52:15 AM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

Postmortem

• Veteran
Broken Circle?

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
Shirley it won't Bear comparison to its predecessors?

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Wazooty, your wish has come true (2nd terminal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwgJ1FDU57U
Praise Bird Jesus!