Author Topic: Xboned  (Read 1060 times)

Xboned
« on: November 06, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
Thoroughly disappointed so far. Had a hell of a time buying the damn thing, found out Bungie's special Destiny deal only applies to digital versions, so even though I can download all the DLC and special edition extras, I need to buy a new copy of the game on the xbone if I want to play it in hd (playing with betta gfx was the only reason I felt like playing it at all, I think I'm officially over it).

I got Forza Horizon 2, AC Black Flag, and AC Unity (when it releases) but I don't feel particularly inclined to play any of them.

I missed the xbone Games with Gold I care about and now theirs some co-op chariot thing ive never heard of.

So I'm waiting for plex and youtube to install so I can see if its a better media server than my ps3...

Re: Xboned
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 03:55:24 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
My white 'bone's working fine, although I am completely out of desk/under-desk space for any of my electronics. Barely fits on top of the VCR.

Haven't really tried out how well Kinect works when I'm sitting in front of it a monitor's viewing away, since the missus is around.

Sunset Overdrive is fun, from the little I've played of it. The grinding and bouncing around is plain simple fun, and it's amazing how fast other players in multi can be at traversing the same terrain. Having to "race" towards objectives is a fun little metagame in its own right.

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 03:21:21 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
It sounds like your country just doesn't want it's citizens to enjoy gaming ;).

I've had no problems at all with my white Xbone either (although I don't have a kinect. Dave did you buy it seperately?) Xbox even sent me a free game the day after I bought mine.

I absolutely love the ability to turn off your Xbox, start it back up and have absolutely no load time to get back into my game, in the exact same spot I was in. I've only played sunset overdrive and I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't work with all titles.

Interface still needs a little tweaking but it's better than it used to be from what I hear. All in all, I'm thoroughly enjoying the console (and sunset overdrive) more than I thought I would.

Oh and the battery life on the controllers is insanely good. I've played 20+ hours of sunset overdrive and spent time exploring the menus of the interface and still haven't had to change the stock batterys.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 11:08:23 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
I've had it on almost constantly since thursday and NONE of the games have completely installed! Whether its on disc, or download, they are just sitting there saying 'ready' or 'queued' at various percentages.

And the HDMI pass through that Microsoft said would have 'lag invisible to the human eye'? Destiny is so lagged on it that its unplayable, even in 720p.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 03:39:28 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I've had it on almost constantly since thursday and NONE of the games have completely installed! Whether its on disc, or download, they are just sitting there saying 'ready' or 'queued' at various percentages.

And the HDMI pass through that Microsoft said would have 'lag invisible to the human eye'? Destiny is so lagged on it that its unplayable, even in 720p.

Microsoft said that? I don't think I've ever seen anyone claim you could do any gaming that required significant reaction times. Were it that HDMI passthrough in general was actually useful for that so you could just stick your legacy console in it, but yeah, it's really only for TV.

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 05:15:39 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
"Over at the Penny Arcade Report, Microsoft’s Jeff Henshaw officially confirmed that other consoles will work through the Xbox One’s interface. If you want to hook up a PS4 or Wii U to the back of your Xbox One, go nuts! While many of us were concerned that the additional lag introduced through the Xbox One would cause problems for some games, Henshaw denies that this will be an issue. “It is an extremely small lag that the human eye will not be able to perceive,” he says."

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 04:09:47 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Well, yeah, that's goofy.

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 08:14:20 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
Are there any incentives for me to get a Kinect with the Master Chief Collection? I got my Xbone without.

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 09:02:41 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Are there any incentives for me to get a Kinect with the Master Chief Collection? I got my Xbone without.

I like using the voice commands. But it's not really essential.

You can find them for $60-80 on eBay.