Author Topic: MCC AI  (Read 1094 times)

MCC AI
« on: November 23, 2014, 02:36:31 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
Anyone else have allies in the campaign just hanging around the starting area instead of following you?

Re: MCC AI
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:19:19 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
All the time.

Was playing Legendary Halo 2 today on The Great Journey, and 'Rtas wouldn't follow me in that wraith. Had to nudge him along so he could take out the wraiths guarding the door to progress. Earlier, towards the end of Outskirts, I parked a gauss hog near the final area to take out the ghosts as they got closer, and the marine hops out of the gunner seat and strolls right into the middle of them. Like literally just slow-walking towards the enemies. I was utterly perplexed. Even more perplexed when I finished clearing the area myself, drove through, and saw him standing at the top of the ramp right before the cutscene triggered. :/

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 11:44:24 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Yeah... i was trying to get marines out of the warthog so i could switch their weapons, and they just ran off...

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 01:56:19 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
During Cairo Station on Legendary, I had one guy just staring at a wall just after the first station detonates. I would end up coming back for him when I needed help clearing out the second hangar. By help, I mean him run at the elites and die instantly to give me just enough time to sneak around. I had to push him quite a ways before he suddenly was filled with a new found courage and charged into battle.

Just one example of the very buggy AI in this collection, but come on guys, this is Halo, did you expect any better? ;)

On a somewhat related note, Dave and I were playing through the level Halo on CEA last night on Legendary and found out that once you shoot the first group of marines at the lifeboats section, the two groups at the other life boats automatically detect you as hostile. I don't remember that being a part of the original game or CEA, but then again I don't go on the blood thirsty rampages that Dave does.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 06:37:25 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
During Cairo Station on Legendary, I had one guy just staring at a wall just after the first station detonates. I would end up coming back for him when I needed help clearing out the second hangar. By help, I mean him run at the elites and die instantly to give me just enough time to sneak around. I had to push him quite a ways before he suddenly was filled with a new found courage and charged into battle.

Just one example of the very buggy AI in this collection, but come on guys, this is Halo, did you expect any better? ;)

On a somewhat related note, Dave and I were playing through the level Halo on CEA last night on Legendary and found out that once you shoot the first group of marines at the lifeboats section, the two groups at the other life boats automatically detect you as hostile. I don't remember that being a part of the original game or CEA, but then again I don't go on the blood thirsty rampages that Dave does.

Hey to my credit, one of the reasons I enjoy playing on Normal is that it usually gives me a chance to save all the Marines. Generally I like protecting my buds! (And a sniper Marine in the side seat of a Warthog is devastating.)

Especially in Halo 2 the AI was always a bit more reticent to follow you, but I do think that it seems abnormally so in H2A. At the very least you're not the only guys who have brought it up, so I don't think it's solely nostalgia goggles.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 11:26:34 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Specifically, I made it through the wall as the Arbiter, and got to the snowy part with all the wreckage where Elites drop in pods to help you out. I equipped all 3 of them with rocket launchers for lulz and proceeded through the wreckage. They all just stayed at the spawn area...

Also I'm a little disappointed at the new footstep sounds in H2A. I like the clippitty clop of the original elite 'hoof' sounds.