Author Topic: HALO: MCC Technical Support  (Read 3522 times)

HALO: MCC Technical Support
« on: November 24, 2014, 12:09:56 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
New thread!

Everyone who has been fortunate enough to play the game since launch knows the game is...malfunctioning. I hesitate to say broken only because it does work...mostly.

So let's post our favorite bugs, glitches, etc. and any possible solutions!

For starters, I'm not sure if this is a Kinect based issue, but when I snap my achievements, a majority of the time it will say no is signed in, but I very clearly am. I "sign in" through the achievement app and then it seems to register, so I constantly feel like I have to check this to make sure it is actually recording data.

Black screen when loading a save game

I've had this happen MANY times. I've only recently discovered that toggling the graphics layover button solves the problem.

Incomplete Matches and Spanish influence

Every multiplayer game that I have lost, the post-match stats is always titled as "Incomplete Match" and the game type and map description is in Spanish. Kind of amusing, the spanish part at least.

Matchmaking is improving but not yet "fixed"

Shotgun in Halo 3: when completely depleted in ammo, reloading one shot and then firing that shot requires at least two full trigger pulls
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 01:54:06 AM by Sixftunder »
Praise Bird Jesus!

Re: HALO: MCC Technical Support
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 06:03:32 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
I haven't even played multiplayer, but:

As in the other thread, assorted AI nonsense in H2A.

Accessing terminals in the game regularly just gives me a black screen, from which I press B to go back to the game, unpause, activate the terminal again and get the video on the second attempt.

Game logged missions I saved and quit from as complete.

The game should never have been released like this.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 03:42:37 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet

Wait... are you saying I don't have to play the games to have my legendary solo completion marked under my career?

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:49:46 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Pillar of Autumn, CEA: grunts at the pistol section didn't appear and neither did the pistol until I picked up the assault rifle.

Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 11:46:16 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Pillar of Autumn, CEA: grunts at the pistol section didn't appear and neither did the pistol until I picked up the assault rifle.

Depending on what you're doing, that's not necessarily a glitch (or it is, but it's an original one.) If you pass the pistol-bestowing point on your way to the bridge, then back up instead of continuing on to the bridge, you can trigger the cutscene and then avoid those grunts entirely (saving you 20-30 seconds of walking and combat.) Presumably there are other conditions you can use to trigger the lack of Grunts.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 01:38:42 AM »

Sixftunder

• Hero

Depending on what you're doing, that's not necessarily a glitch (or it is, but it's an original one.) If you pass the pistol-bestowing point on your way to the bridge, then back up instead of continuing on to the bridge, you can trigger the cutscene and then avoid those grunts entirely (saving you 20-30 seconds of walking and combat.) Presumably there are other conditions you can use to trigger the lack of Grunts.

The more you know  :)

This ticket has been closed.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 01:56:56 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site

The more you know  :)

This ticket has been closed.

There's a lot of great loading/deloading enemy tricks in the campaigns, but especially CE. On the other hand I've never actually made use of them. The Legendary 3hr completion time achievements will probably make me practice them :)

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 01:05:54 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero

Wait... are you saying I don't have to play the games to have my legendary solo completion marked under my career?

I just had it with one level, I havent tried other levels or difficulties

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 03:02:43 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
My favorite glitch is in H2A when the enemies just vanish for half seconds mid fight cause they had to cut so many freaking corners to get good graphics.

Also collision on the ragdolls is waayy worse than I remember it being in the original game; enemies are constantly getting stuck in boxes and junk
Signature.

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 03:37:43 PM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
Oh yeah, forgot about that, the whole distance fade out thing, which I remember seeing a lot in the original, still appears in the update, but seemingly only on enemies right in the middle of combat, almost right on top of you. its really weird/bad.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 01:11:24 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
On the plus side, seems like the AI stuff we discussed A) was an issue, and B) has been fixed.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1201009

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 11:43:59 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Is anyone else celebrating the official release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection today? I can finally play full multiplayer games with no lag. Matchmaking is still slow but improved. I'm glad I'm finally seeing a return on investment for my $60 early access pass I bought a few months back.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 01:28:45 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Is anyone else celebrating the official release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection today? I can finally play full multiplayer games with no lag. Matchmaking is still slow but improved. I'm glad I'm finally seeing a return on investment for my $60 early access pass I bought a few months back.

I did notice yesterday that aside from slow matching times I was successfully chaining matches together. I also played a game of H2 snipers which finally justified Burial Mounds' existence, so that was swell.

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 03:52:24 AM »

Slightly Live

• Forward Staff
  • Rookie
  • Logical Plague
    • Forward Unto Dawn
Downloading playlist data...

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 11:01:05 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Downloading playlist data...

Force quitting and relaunching solves that issue for me.