Author Topic: [VID] Halo 3 Cut Dialogue -- Really interesting stuff!  (Read 995 times)

[VID] Halo 3 Cut Dialogue -- Really interesting stuff!
« on: February 04, 2015, 04:43:55 AM »

Bryan

• Recruit
  • Heretic
    • G+
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Q94dLwd8U
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaP4RBGamms

Credit goes to Gamecheat13 for finding these lost tags in the Halo 3 map files.

I thought sharing it would give the community here more insight into what the game could have been, and where the story could have gone. Really cool lines were cut, and with the help of imagination, we can think where and how they could have been placed.

My notable memories from the vids:
-We hear the Oly Oly Oxen Free four-note tune for the first time (I think!) in media! Although it's cut and no longer canon, I feel as if a small piece of the Halo puzzle has been completed again.
-A lot of Nathan Fillion I was cut from final game, what a shame.
-The game's story as a whole was to be a lot more ambitious in terms of both story and gameplay objectives.
-The Gravemind and Cortana moments sound so much better, although that's probably the placebo effect from hearing something foreign and without the irritating screen effects that really ruin the mood.
-'Halo' was to be a suicide mission. Johnson's death was to be...different, but in what way? Same with the 343 GS boss fight, too! I'd love to know more into this!
-The placeholder developers' voice for Truth (a hint of Joe Staten I think?) sounds a lot like it mimics H2 Truth's actor. Perhaps he was cast for the role, but something didn't end up working out? A real shame, I liked H2 Truth's voice a lot more than H3's. Though H3's lines would certainly not fit the H2 actor's voice.

Feel free to share and discuss any favourites or interesting ones from the vids! Anyway, enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:11:31 AM by Bryan »

Re: [VID] Halo 3 Cut Dialogue -- Really interesting stuff!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 07:53:28 PM »

Wazooty

• Rookie
  • Dudebro
Hmmm, was gravemind referencing cortana/MC being part of the librarians plans (very subtly) or am I hearing things.

Re: [VID] Halo 3 Cut Dialogue -- Really interesting stuff!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 11:52:50 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Q94dLwd8U
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaP4RBGamms

Credit goes to Gamecheat13 for finding these lost tags in the Halo 3 map files.

I thought sharing it would give the community here more insight into what the game could have been, and where the story could have gone. Really cool lines were cut, and with the help of imagination, we can think where and how they could have been placed.

My notable memories from the vids:
-We hear the Oly Oly Oxen Free four-note tune for the first time (I think!) in media! Although it's cut and no longer canon, I feel as if a small piece of the Halo puzzle has been completed again.
-A lot of Nathan Fillion I was cut from final game, what a shame.
-The game's story as a whole was to be a lot more ambitious in terms of both story and gameplay objectives.
-The Gravemind and Cortana moments sound so much better, although that's probably the placebo effect from hearing something foreign and without the irritating screen effects that really ruin the mood.
-'Halo' was to be a suicide mission. Johnson's death was to be...different, but in what way? Same with the 343 GS boss fight, too! I'd love to know more into this!
-The placeholder developers' voice for Truth (a hint of Joe Staten I think?) sounds a lot like it mimics H2 Truth's actor. Perhaps he was cast for the role, but something didn't end up working out? A real shame, I liked H2 Truth's voice a lot more than H3's. Though H3's lines would certainly not fit the H2 actor's voice.

Feel free to share and discuss any favourites or interesting ones from the vids! Anyway, enjoy!

Finally have the time to start listening to these... regarding Truth, I've always thought that people were reading a bit too much into the "retcon" of his character in 3, and always thought it was more a function of differences in style with Stamp versus the original voice talent. General Zod seems like too big an actor to have just been called up when Wincott fell through, though. Would love to know why he wasn't brought back.