Author Topic: Halo Wars 2  (Read 937 times)

Halo Wars 2
« on: August 04, 2015, 04:10:17 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Praise Bird Jesus!

Re: Halo Wars 2
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 01:58:21 AM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Most exciting is that Red Team still has their Mark IV and classic BRs :)

Still sad when I remember Ensemble got shuttered for no good reason.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 01:40:51 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Ey, I'm gonna be honest; Creative Assembly made the Total war games (of which; Hyrule total war [a mod] is like the best game ever) So I'm super pumped! Hopefully they will integrate some of the awesome gameplay from the Total war games into Halo Wars 2.
Signature.

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 09:28:48 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Ey, I'm gonna be honest; Creative Assembly made the Total war games (of which; Hyrule total war [a mod] is like the best game ever) So I'm super pumped! Hopefully they will integrate some of the awesome gameplay from the Total war games into Halo Wars 2.

I've never played any of the Total War games; what's the gameplay like?

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 04:28:57 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
LATE RESPONSE ALERT!!!

They are pretty cool, its like a mix of a civilization management game on the overworld (its lighter and more streamlined than most games like civ though; most of it's mechanics are focused on war and combat and stuff, rather than having to worry about every little thing) then when you get into battle it has a sort of RTS style combat, but its much more nuanced than other RTS combat systems (like age of empires or Starcraft) cause rather than focusing on micromanaging different soldiers who have perfect reaction to everything you tell them; the total war games see you more in the role of commanding real battalions of soldiers; its focused more on broad level strategy and tactics like unit positioning and unit composition. It winds up feeling pretty super realistic, you'll find yourself using actual military strategies in the battles, its pretty sweet. Its hard to explain over text this late at night. They are great games though.

Signature.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 09:00:56 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Well that certainly sounds like a decent fit for Halo, given the limitations of the platform and the strategies.

Which reminds me, going to Europe has made me really want to play the good old Age of Empires again. It’s been years. Gotta’ get my nostalgia gaming machine up and running…