Author Topic: Helljumper  (Read 5827 times)

Re: Helljumper
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
Just my rant about cameras. Instead of focusing on actual quality people get sidetracked by names and some sort of "prestige".

I could go into my rant about nonlinear editing programs and how Avid is a piece of crap for crusty Hollywood editors who are too stupid to bother learning anything better, but that's entirely irrelevant at this point. :)

What I do find interesting for Helljumper and other effects-driven shorts like this is that their chosen style makes effects-related things a lot harder to accomplish--you have to motion track all the mattes since the camera is shaking around, etc. If you go for a more cinematic approach the visuals are much easier to accomplish.

Re: Helljumper
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 10:07:42 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
What I do find interesting for Helljumper and other effects-driven shorts like this is that their chosen style makes effects-related things a lot harder to accomplish--you have to motion track all the mattes since the camera is shaking around, etc. If you go for a more cinematic approach the visuals are much easier to accomplish.

Well, most of the shots that they had "bad effects" (ie: the shots with the covenant in them)  were actually pretty steady and not shaky... But having a shaky camera means that what is in the shot doesn't have to look very realistic..
Signature.