Author Topic: Halo Wars 2 E3 details: The Banished, The Ark  (Read 760 times)

Halo Wars 2 E3 details: The Banished, The Ark
« on: June 13, 2016, 06:38:52 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-wars-2

So my guess that this was a post-H5 story were right. I'm guessing The Banished is going to be a faction that's getting the hell away from the Created.

Re: Halo Wars 2 E3 details: The Banished, The Ark
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 03:05:13 PM »

Sarmas

• Recruit
  • Heretic
How do they get to Ark? For that matter how do Spirit of Fire crew get there either? Why are these Brutes all equipped?

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 03:40:58 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Well, coincidentally this new preview gives details:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-wars-2-new-story-details-and-images-revealed/1100-6440811/

Sounds like the Banished were an anti-Covenant faction that's grown in the wake of the latter's demise, and they're there looking for weapons. How they got there is an interesting question... skip past defenses to the portal, or figure out another way there?

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 01:45:12 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
I'm guessing The Banished is going to be a faction that's getting the hell away from the Created.

Why would you say that, as opposed to a covy faction thats joined the Created? I feel like that idea is a lot more promising; it explains why inevitably we will fight the same combination of covenant bad guys in halo 6; explains why the UNSC, as another faction who are not on the side of the created; would be fighting with them.

Also the banished being allied with the created might explain how they got to the ark; not too much of a stretch to think that Cortana would have either alternate means of getting there by now, OR, that she essentially has complete control over earth. Earth being probably the technological center, and currently the narratological center, of the UNSC; thus would probably be most susceptible to AI's revolting and taking things over, and Earth probably also contains the highest number of AI of all UNSC planets. Ironically I would guess that some of the colonies would probably have the best chance at resisting the created, since I would assume their technology is probably more decentralized and disconnected and would have less amounts of AI present to take stuff over.

My question is, didn't Escalation have a whole plot thread where they like found the Spirit of Fire or something? Or like got stuff from it? Or was that all just speculation?

Cool that Creative Assembly are the ones making the game, I'm a huge fan of the total war series. But it seems like they just made a carbon copy of the original game + new units. I wish they had been allowed to branch out a bit more and add in some different mechanics like those found in the total war series, just to help the game stand out as its own thing.

Also, can we talk about how INCREDIBLE that trailer was? Seriously blown away I was. Might have been the best trailer in the whole of E3 IMO.

Sorry for the mega late reply lol.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:51:21 AM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 10:38:33 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I felt like the beta showed that it was clearly superior to the original in some ways, and felt like it lagged behind in others (i think the new tech tree options for leader powers is a nice step forward, as are control groups, although I think some of the legibility of units and structures has been lost, as well as some weird omissions like queuing.)

Escalation had an arc where some materiel from the Spirit of Fire was found, but it was just a ruse to basically get revenge on Lord Hood. Like half the arcs in the comic series it seemed to be going somewhere... and just didn't. I'm actually wondering if the final scene where there's an Infection form on the Spirit of Fire actually is going to occur or be referenced in HW2 or if that'll be left on the cutting room floor.

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 08:25:10 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
I'm actually wondering if the final scene where there's an Infection form on the Spirit of Fire actually is going to occur or be referenced in HW2 or if that'll be left on the cutting room floor.

Calling it now. It couldn't break into the cryo pods and died of starvation. Or got popped when one of the pods opened suddenly.

Escalation had an arc where some materiel from the Spirit of Fire was found, but it was just a ruse to basically get revenge on Lord Hood. Like half the arcs in the comic series it seemed to be going somewhere... and just didn't.

Yeah, that kinda disillusioned me with Halo comics for the foreseeable future. It felt like there was never any reward for the build up.
Signature.

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 12:50:59 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I'm actually wondering if the final scene where there's an Infection form on the Spirit of Fire actually is going to occur or be referenced in HW2 or if that'll be left on the cutting room floor.

Calling it now. It couldn't break into the cryo pods and died of starvation. Or got popped when one of the pods opened suddenly.

Escalation had an arc where some materiel from the Spirit of Fire was found, but it was just a ruse to basically get revenge on Lord Hood. Like half the arcs in the comic series it seemed to be going somewhere... and just didn't.

Yeah, that kinda disillusioned me with Halo comics for the foreseeable future. It felt like there was never any reward for the build up.

That would be hilarious.

Anyway, from the recent expo, more story details (mainly characters):

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/440583/New+character+details+revealed+in+latest+Halo+Wars+2+trailer/