Author Topic: Introductions?  (Read 5781 times)

Re: Introductions?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 09:32:08 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
I live in Australia, I'm studying retail management, but I really want to be a writer. I bought a second hand copy of Halo when my brothers got an xbox because I'd heard it was good, and I've been a huge fan ever since.

I used to hang out on bungie.net all the time but got fed up with being ignored, derided, laughed at etc over my thoughts on the plot of the games and how unfair it was that multiplayer got all the dlc loving. Not to mention all the little kids who thought RvB was canon. RvB is awesome, but it ain't canon.

I've read all the books and comics, not to mention being a huge sci-fi and fantasy buff, movies games and books. I used to work in a sci-fi bookshop. I have a blog, gamerfiction.blogspot.com, but these days I just post my writing on it since im not writing reviews for the shop anymore. Not that I do much writing.

I have an active EVE Online account, and I'm a nintendo fan from the NES days.

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 12:53:46 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
Ha yeah the Bungie forums are a dark and evil place. Not somewhere to have an adult conversation at all, not unless you mind being insulted for asking a simple question anyway. It's like the direct opposite from the Waypoint forums.

I'm a nintendo fan from the n64 days! That's just because I grew with it though. I'm not such a fan of Nintendo these days, but that line-up of awesome 3DS games keeps getting better. I refuse to buy another DS just for a gimmicky "3D" effect though. I'll give in eventually.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 02:24:18 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
Ha yeah the Bungie forums are a dark and evil place. Not somewhere to have an adult conversation at all, not unless you mind being insulted for asking a simple question anyway. It's like the direct opposite from the Waypoint forums.

I'm a nintendo fan from the n64 days! That's just because I grew with it though. I'm not such a fan of Nintendo these days, but that line-up of awesome 3DS games keeps getting better. I refuse to buy another DS just for a gimmicky "3D" effect though. I'll give in eventually.

Haha, im  a fan since the 64 too :) actually, im pretty much just a fan of the 64 :P and yeah, im holding off on buying the 3ds too... I will probably cave with the next pokemon release :P
Signature.

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 02:50:53 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
I remember when the N64 came out and one of my classmates got it first-day... I was pissed :) Those were the days you could rent systems from Blockbuster, so I have fond memories of Diddy Kong Racing and Ocarina of Time.

I never had a game console of my own until my brother bought a secondhand PlayStation and then a year or two later we got an Xbox. It was Game Boys all the way!

I'm not buying another Pokemon game until they change up the format, though. The handhelds are powerful enough we should be able to do a fully 3D treatment. We don't need any more Pokemon. I lost interest after Gold/Silver for that reason.

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 03:42:15 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
I stopped at yellow. :P

I think if you made a full 3D version of the current pokemon game, it would kind of destroy some of the design. I think keeping it 2D is important to those handhelds.

However, consider this:

Pokemon MMO.

It would fit SO well. I think even today I would play that shit for hours.

On a somewhat tangential note, yesterday my game design classmates decided that we're going to have a Pokemon battle royale, since we noticed that almost half of the class had either red, yellow, or blue. My parents are shipping my gameboy up to me so I can participate. :P

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 04:19:46 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
I stopped at yellow. :P

I think if you made a full 3D version of the current pokemon game, it would kind of destroy some of the design. I think keeping it 2D is important to those handhelds.

However, consider this:

Pokemon MMO.

It would fit SO well. I think even today I would play that shit for hours.

On a somewhat tangential note, yesterday my game design classmates decided that we're going to have a Pokemon battle royale, since we noticed that almost half of the class had either red, yellow, or blue. My parents are shipping my gameboy up to me so I can participate. :P

Yellow! That game is sick :)
What are your pokemon of choice?
Signature.

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 04:45:14 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
Pshh, Yellow was cheap because you got all three starters, and I hated Pikachu because it would complain if you took him out of your lineup, but there were always better choices. Get me a Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Pidgey, Geodude, and an Abra (and evolutions thereof) and I was set.

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 08:19:34 PM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
I always got really attached to my Pidgeot for some reason. It's one of the first Pokemon you can catch so it can stay with you for pretty much the entire game, but if you level him up enough he can totally wreck. Plus Fly is nice because you can avoid damage for one turn.

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
I always got really attached to my Pidgeot for some reason. It's one of the first Pokemon you can catch so it can stay with you for pretty much the entire game, but if you level him up enough he can totally wreck. Plus Fly is nice because you can avoid damage for one turn.

And it's almost always one-hit KO if you're a high enough level.

Which reminds me, Yellow removed the MissingNo glitch, which just sucked.

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »

Capac Amaru

• Hero
  • ONI Analyst: Section Zero: Xenological Studies
    • Zebra Monkeys - home of Light Echoes
I've played Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Emerald, Leaf Green, Diamond, Platinum, Soul-Silver, and White.

1st gen pokes, Gyarados, Pikachu/Raichu, Gengar, Alakazam, Mew and Mewtwo. I even had legit Mew back in the day on yellow.

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 01:42:51 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero

Eh, i was always more of a spearow/fearow kinda guy. It was to much to get pidgeotto all the way up to pidgeot.
My pokemon mainly consisted of cool looking ones though, like nidoking, or kangaskhan or hypno and stuff.

This is a question for everybody: favorite original starter? (dont care if you had yellow or not, just pick one!
Regaurdless of if you had
Signature.

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
This is a question for everybody: favorite original starter? (dont care if you had yellow or not, just pick one!
Regaurdless of if you had

Mudkip...wait is there other starter pokemon? :P
"Life is trial Riser."

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 03:10:48 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Well, i was reffering to first generation, but yeah, if we extend  it out to third gen: torchic-blazikien. The only good pokemon and thats that!
Signature.

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2012, 04:07:36 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
    • Personal Site
LAME no other starters! Things went south with second generation and just went... er, farther south!

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 04:18:29 PM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
LAME no other starters! Things went south with second generation and just went... er, farther south!

Well I can understand there being a second generation, it's a big franchise after all. But yeah it's WAY out of hand now. I like how has turned into a Pokemon thread. :)
"Life is trial Riser."