Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 6415 times)

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 09:09:22 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
  • There has been much talk. And i have listened...
OK. Two things done. I've fixed the avatar restrictions. It's not set at a maximum of 90px width and 150px height.

I've also added an avatar gallery if you don't want to go to the bother of fixing one up yourself. There's a grand total of 2 avatars there right now and I shamelessly just stole them from the Waypoint forums. I'll add more in time for sure.

Groovy.

Hey, this isnt really a suggestion, but:
I just noticed the main site's background... With the Halo 4 object... It looks really cool on the site... Just wanted to say good job whoever found and positioned that picture... Cause it looks sweet...
Signature.

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 09:59:36 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
  • This is the way the world ends
Groovy.

Hey, this isnt really a suggestion, but:
I just noticed the main site's background... With the Halo 4 object... It looks really cool on the site... Just wanted to say good job whoever found and positioned that picture... Cause it looks sweet...

Just wanted to second this notion; I love the "wake up John" pic and have it as my background on my laptop, iPad and phone. Hope that's not considered over board. Very well done! I like how you reversed the beam to go down the margin on the left hand side.
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 10:16:44 PM »

Slightly Live

• Forward Staff
  • Rookie
  • Logical Plague
    • Forward Unto Dawn
Thanks! =)

We're ironing out the bugs from the new coat of paint on the main site but we're glad you guys like. A nice chap came to us with the idea and it was awesome so we're glad it's worked out.

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 05:01:54 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Could you add a link to the actual homepage of FUD from the forums page? It would just make it a little easier for someone as lazy as myself, rather than typing it in :p
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 08:47:41 PM »

Slightly Live

• Forward Staff
  • Rookie
  • Logical Plague
    • Forward Unto Dawn
I'll see what I can do!

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 03:14:57 AM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
I had a suggestin for a possible article idea or just something to think about:
    I would love to hear more about the yanme. I mean, they've always kinda been an oddball species, and like, in the games I never got quite attached to them, they were always just large crowds of annoying little buggers (see what I did there slightly? UK). I didn't even know they had multiple ranks and stuff. But I was reading into them on halopedian and the amount of backstory was Really interesting, and the race As a whole was a lot more fleshed out and unique than I had thought -- like even down to the way in which they communicate with the rest of the convenient army is unique and interesting.
   And yet I feel like the san Shyuum, sanghellie, and jiralhannae cultures get a lot of thought. But nobody ever talks about the drones... So I don't know what, if anything, you could do with it, but I thought I'd bring it up...

Edit: this is a weird post  :P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 03:24:25 AM by Tar Alacrin »
Signature.

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 05:31:41 AM »

Postmortem

• Forward Unto Dawn Writer
  • Veteran
  • No. There is more. But you are not worthy. Not yet
I've kinda been interested in exploring their sociology and history more as well, however I feel that our understanding of the Drones is still too incomplete to allow for an accurate representation at this point. However, there is one thing that I feel would change that... and that would be if we finally got to see a queen in a game. I thought we were going to get to see this in ODST when I first trudged through that hive, but was disappointed that that was all we got to see.
So I'll make you a deal. If a queen shows up in a game, I'll write this article.

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 02:37:41 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
So I'll make you a deal. If a queen shows up in a game, I'll write this article.

Than it is done! And, judging from the way things seem to be going, You will probably never write an article  :P
Signature.

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 05:57:16 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
Is there any way to get a chat box in the forum section for members that are online?
Praise Bird Jesus!

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 10:34:39 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
Is there any way to get a chat box in the forum section for members that are online?
^ Would use
Signature.

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 08:00:54 AM »

That Gunslinger

• Veteran
  • Forerunner Tank: Awesomeness would ensue.
^ Would use

Yep, me too. It's better than clogging up a single thread with back and forth discussion.
"Life is trial Riser."
"For little Elephants as well."

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 02:19:40 PM »

DangerousDave

• Forward Staff
  • Legend
  • You are alive when they eat you.
    • Personal Site
^ Would use

Yep, me too. It's better than clogging up a single thread with back and forth discussion.

Eh, it's useful but I do like having a record of discussions. I've never seen a system for logging a chatbox on a website before.

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 09:08:07 PM »

Tar Alacrin

• Hero
I was talking about using it for less serious stuff though, like, just talkng about stuff... Not like, discussing serious points... That why we have the forums...

And I have seen a system that archives the chat logs really well...
Signature.

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2012, 11:56:57 PM »

Slightly Live

• Forward Staff
  • Rookie
  • Logical Plague
    • Forward Unto Dawn
I thought about a chat add on to the forums here but it always looks messy and cluttered and takes from the clean, polished presentation, never mind that it would encourage new members not to post but instead to chat, not something we'd want to encourage.

Maybe I'll take another look at the feature in future since you guys have asked but right now I don't think we're going to see it anytime soon.

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 10:53:45 PM »

Sixftunder

• Hero
How about countdown clocks for all of the Halo goodies coming out within the next 5 months?

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
Halo: Glass Harder, I mean, The Thursday War
Halo 4
Halo: Silentium
Praise Bird Jesus!